1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers Endgame Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope we get the thorbowski look from hot toys. This may be the best thor they have made.
Agree, I really hope we do.
On the other hand, I hope he stays fat in love and thunder, so we'll get a really cool suit from taika waititi like in ragnarok.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I don't like rooted hair as well... Sculpted hair all the way.

Those braided sections would be impossible with rooted hair, least they wouldn't look good.

I think ASMUS did a great job with their Thorin and Gimli (including braids). They need to re-do their Legolas with rooted hair. Their new rooted hair Gandalf $$$ looks amazing.

I'd love to see a custom IW Bucky with rooted hair. I've seen customs of TWS Bucky with rooted hair that are mind-blowing.
My Roadworn Thor IMO would be better with rooted hair - his hair gets stuck in the cloak. Luv my BWs and SWs with rooted hair.

One reason am skipping (probably:monkey3) EG Widow is the sculpted hair (although, too, I have a nice group of Widows already and waiting to see what BW movie will bring).

Tho I guess doing a good rooted hair job on this Thor - with the braids and twists in his hair would probably add another 100$ to the price:horror. Dunno that this is a fig that would need a lot of head articulation.

But am getting this fig.

Went ahead and po'd this on timewalker, strange that there was no deposit though. This figure is quite expensive and you would expect a deposit for this.

To those who pre-ordered the IW Thor reissue: are ya'll going to cancel your preorders and get this one? I have a mind to cancel mine because of that inconsistent sculpt. I mean it looks okay from certain angles but looking at it from upfront feels very underwhelming to me and noticeably inferior compared to the prototype.

Initially I had no problem owning both and have the IW thor displayed with the pirate look but at this point I'm not so sure if that one is really worth getting, especially with all the incoming Endgame figures on the list.

To those who pre-ordered the IW Thor reissue: are ya'll going to cancel your preorders and get this one? I have a mind to cancel mine because of that inconsistent sculpt. I mean it looks okay from certain angles but looking at it from upfront feels very underwhelming to me and noticeably inferior compared to the prototype.

Initially I had no problem owning both and have the IW thor displayed with the pirate look but at this point I'm not so sure if that one is really worth getting, especially with all the incoming Endgame figures on the list.

My thoughts exactly.
I think I?m gonna cancel my iw Thor, he?s good but not great & I prefer the end game look of Thor as a bit chunkier god like more mythical character

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally think the best minimalist Thor lineup would be:

TDW LA Thor (covers sleeveless and long haired look)
Gladiator Thor (covers short hair or helmeted look)
EG Thor (covers bearded, long sleeves, and king look)

My thoughts exactly.
I think I?m gonna cancel my iw Thor, he?s good but not great & I prefer the end game look of Thor as a bit chunkier god like more mythical character

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At first I wasn't a fan of the new look. I think the fact that it seemed to be the cause of his downgrade in the film also played a part in the way I viewed this look. However, after accepting that change as part of his character development, I started to appreciate it for what it was.

You're right about the viking look, it does add to his character and the chunkiness actually turned out to add presence to the figure instead of looking lame like we expected. Not to mention the updated stormbreaker. If the sculpt turns out as good as the ones HT released recently, I'm good.

IW Thor is one of the most underwhelming Hot Toys figures I've ever seen in-hand. As already mentioned, it is possible to get a semi-decent Hemsworth likeness from the sculpt by having him angled a certain way (making use of the eye patch and dramatic lighting also helps - someone posted a pretty good pic way back in the IW Thor thread)...but straight out of the box, it's utterly 'meh'.

For me, the Endgame 1/6 proto blows it away, particularly the likeness...I just hope nothing is lost between now and final.

It's interesting that Hot Toys have seemingly smashed it with the EG Iron Man & Thor figures, serving up what could arguably be the best representations of these two characters in 1/6...yet they've spectacularly fumbled Cap with a half-baked, recycled botch job.

IW Thor is one of the most underwhelming Hot Toys figures I've ever seen in-hand. As already mentioned, it is possible to get a semi-decent Hemsworth likeness from the sculpt by having him angled a certain way (making use of the eye patch and dramatic lighting also helps - someone posted a pretty good pic way back in the IW Thor thread)...but straight out of the box, it's utterly 'meh'.

For me, the Endgame 1/6 proto blows it away, particularly the likeness...I just hope nothing is lost between now and final.

It's interesting that Hot Toys have seemingly smashed it with the EG Iron Man & Thor figures, serving up what could arguably be the best representations of these two characters in 1/6...yet they've spectacularly fumbled Cap with a half-baked, recycled botch job.
Honestly that's how I felt... I was super excited for IW thor but when I got it, I somehow felt disappointed that it is quite meh imo. I love my ragnarok thor cos of its color and design, the iw looks plain in comparison.
Endgame ver is different that he is fatter, the shape alone is interesting. The beard and hair is amazing but honestly I have my worry that I maybe disappointed with the plainess of the black suits. I am debating whether to get this or wait for love and thunder. I do want a fat viking thor in my collection but hmmm... Maybe I'll just wait since this is still 2 years away.

Let's not forget that IW Thor also had strong likeness on the prototype but the final product seemed to have lost a certain dose of sharpness and we got what we got. That's my biggest concern with this figure but what can you do except wait and hope for the best. I'm counting on the fact that even if it doesn't turn out as good as the proto, the big beard and long hair will help conceal some of the areas in which the IW Thor lacked.

Back