1/6 Hot Toys 1:6 Avengers Endgame : Rescue figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A shot of eight male characters, who had never met before, teaming up during the fight wouldn’t have raised a thought from anyone. For some reason we still live in a society where there has to be some sort of explanation for moments featuring women. And I say that as a man. It isn’t that hard to see.
Yes; a shot of 8 male characters who are strangers to one another (Lets say: Wong, Falcon, Vision, M'Baku, Groot, Hank Pym, Loki, and Happy Hogan) that completely stops the scene to show them posing in slow motion together would indeed be a very weird scene that would cause a lot of people to scratch their heads.

It is the same reason that so many men can’t handle Bree Larson or some people got upset over the praise of Black Panther. Not even the idea of someone else getting more representation, but just the idea of simple equality to some people who are used to always being the majority is a threat.
Bree Larson being instantly showered with praise and promoted as "The New Face of the MCU" without appearing onscreen once (and then again after her film receives luke warm reviews), and Black Panther being the only MCU film ever nominated for Best Picture isn't equality. Its virtue signaling.

Last edited:
I don't understand why it automatically has to be considered sexism (pertaining to what is being said in this thread)? Why can't it be about a poorly constructed scene that really didn't make much sense? A shot of 8 random male characters coming together with no female characters would also not make much sense in that particular setting. Most, if not all, of the comments here seem to focus on how the scene was "contrived", "forced", "shoehorned", or whatever you want to call it - which is exactly what it was. It was unlike the Scarlet Witch scene that was mentioned, which was a really strong and powerful one. Give female characters more scenes like that. Lets not resort to accusing people of being misogynistic just because they have a different opinion of a particular scene in a movie.

That's the last I'll say about that particular subject. back on topic, really looking forward to this particular figure.

Soooo,
Rescue armour, do we think there'll be a reveal this week by HT then ?
If it's out on display in the exhibition there's a good chance of it ? even though they've revealed 4 items today ?

Fingers crossed, love the look of the armour

What would Mantis do?..... have we all forgotten that it was her who actually managed to put Thanos in sleep mode in Infinity War giving the Avengers the chance to take the gauntlet, which became a failed plan thanks to Starlords emotional stupidity?

She may not be a fighter but she’s gotten closest to Thanos along with only 3 or so other characters.

What would Mantis do?..... have we all forgotten that it was her who actually managed to put Thanos in sleep mode in Infinity War giving the Avengers the chance to take the gauntlet, which became a failed plan thanks to Starlords emotional stupidity?

She may not be a fighter but she’s gotten closest to Thanos along with only 3 or so other characters.

If somebody is pinned to the ground or incapable of much movement, Mantis can come in. But she charged into Chitari and giant flying space worms head on. That doesn't work.

If somebody is pinned to the ground or incapable of much movement, Mantis can come in. But she charged into Chitari and giant flying space worms head on. That doesn't work.

Its all for dramatic effect, who cares.

The fact that people even have to defend a scene that showed only women team up shows the sexism in people, wether they even realize they are or not.

A shot of eight male characters, who had never met before, teaming up during the fight wouldn’t have raised a thought from anyone. For some reason we still live in a society where there has to be some sort of explanation for moments featuring women. And I say that as a man. It isn’t that hard to see.

It is the same reason that so many men can’t handle Bree Larson or some people got upset over the praise of Black Panther. Not even the idea of someone else getting more representation, but just the idea of simple equality to some people who are used to always being the majority is a threat.

Lmao so because some ppl find brie larson to be an unlikeable stiff, they have a problem with representation? And because some think black panther was an average superhero flick at best, totally undeserving of praise for being some groundbreaking oscar worthy achievement, they have a problem with equality? Get real

Yes; a shot of 8 male characters who are strangers to one another (Lets say: Wong, Falcon, Vision, M'Baku, Groot, Hank Pym, Loki, and Happy Hogan) that completely stops the scene to show them posing in slow motion together would indeed be a very weird scene that would cause a lot of people to scratch their heads.

Visualizing this wonky line-up made me LOL. :lol

Bree Larson being instantly showered with praise and promoted as "The New Face of the MCU" without appearing onscreen once (and then again after her film receives luke warm reviews), and Black Panther being the only MCU film ever nominated for Best Picture isn't equality. Its virtue signaling.

Yeah...BP was def not Best Picture quality....only got nominated for one reason and one reason only. :slap

Soooo,
Rescue armour, do we think there'll be a reveal this week by HT then ?
If it's out on display in the exhibition there's a good chance of it ? even though they've revealed 4 items today ?

Fingers crossed, love the look of the armour

This is more or less another IM figure, so while I think it's cool Pepper gets another fig I'd be much more interested in seeing another character like Professor Hulk or Fat Thor being announced.

This is more or less another IM figure, so while I think it's cool Pepper gets another fig I'd be much more interested in seeing another character like Professor Hulk or Fat Thor being announced.

I might be interested in all three if they do Professor Hulk, Chunky Thor, and Rescue Pepper.

About that scene, I don't mind it, but I think it was a missed opportunity.

I really wished they had Nebula have the gauntlet at that point with Gamora assisting her initially. Those two should have had that moment then with the rest of the ladies joining in to help. CM never really seemed like she needed the assist. Nebula and Gamora however would, and it would be a good wrap-up to their Thanos arc. Nebula being the one to lose so much in her past because of her father, getting back at her father while finally working with her sister at taking away the one thing her father wanted the most (the stones). Also, Nebula has always worked/been alone. It would be nice to have her around the A-Force at that point.

Back to the armor, I wonder how they'd do the floating pieces on her back. Did she display any other weapons other than that?

Another stolen picture:
59838130_1936203856484873_1808340355859349504_n.jpg

May have to get this, especially if it comes with a Gwyneth sculpt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Looks a bit too skinny. Reminds me of the T-X exoskeleton.

Yeeeaahh...I'll wait to see better photos, production shots etc.

I get that the CGI in the film had her in a really slim suit, but not sure now how that'll translate. Wait and see. :lecture

Eh, can't say I was all that impressed by the design of this in the film, and the figure isn't doing much for me either. I almost would have rather she appeared in one of Tony's regular armors like in IM3.

Back