1/6 Hot Toys 1:6 Avengers Endgame : Rescue figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hated that shot, was so corny and shoehorned in just to tick a box

My girlfriend’s first reaction in the theatre was that it was tokenism. Not a huge deal for either of us, but noticeable.

I want this armour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it was shoehorn Ed, IM3 kind of sets her up as an ass kicker and being in the armor, then she gets her own suit, it seems like a pretty logical progression

I want a figure of her so damn bad

Re: Hot Toys 1:6 Avengers Endgame : Rescue figure.

Suggesting that you "could care less" about her means that you do care about her, which I'm assuming is not the case given the context.

Thank you for making this comment.

It is bad enough when people are constantly using cliches, idioms and overused phrases, but then even worse when they can't get it correct.

I don't think it was shoehorn Ed, IM3 kind of sets her up as an ass kicker and being in the armor, then she gets her own suit, it seems like a pretty logical progression

I think everyone was talking the All girl team up shot.

In terms of her being rescue, I dont know about that. Her reaction to fighting killian made it pretty clear she doesn't like the violence. I don't think she liked fighting.

But who cares she looks cool in armor and it was basically about to be the end of the universe. If theres ever a time to find your capacity for violence...:lol

Not her being shoehorned, but the whole female avenger line up somehow meeting in the middle of the battlefield for a group shot.

Whether they meant to shoehorn it in or not, in my experience, it wasn't received well in the cinema I saw the movie in. There were a lot of sighs, and shaking heads, and "oh god" (not in a good/pleasant way) from the women in the theatre. Personally, I didn't mind it, as I was too focused on
Spoiler Spoiler:

Not her being shoehorned, but the whole female avenger line up somehow meeting in the middle of the battlefield for a group shot.

But isn't that what you're supposed to do when in the middle of an all out, fight for your life situation? Just like walking away and not looking back from a big fiery explosion?

Whether they meant to shoehorn it in or not, in my experience, it wasn't received well in the cinema I saw the movie in. There were a lot of sighs, and shaking heads, and "oh god" (not in a good/pleasant way) from the women in the theatre. Personally, I didn't mind it, as I was too focused on
Spoiler Spoiler:

Interesting. When I saw it on opening night in IMAX a large portion of the crowd cheered during that moment.

But then I watched the movie again at a smaller theater at a later showing and there wasn't a single cheer from anyone at any moment in the film. And about half of the jokes garnered no reaction as well. So it depends on the geographical location of the theater, the showing time, etc I suppose to determine how well something goes over.

It's no more "shoehorned" than any other amazing fan-service moment in any of these films. Thor literally brought Mjolnir back from the past for the sole reason that we could see Cap could end up wielding it. He has Stormbreaker, he didn't NEED to take it from his past self.

Maybe you (and I mean the general 'you', ie everyone sharing this opinion) didn't enjoy seeing all of the women group up to run interference for the gauntlet, or you thought it was contrived, but I guarantee that there were young girls in theaters around the world who were thrilled to see themselves represented on screen in that moment. The theater I was in cheered at that moment both times I saw it.

Yes, Marvel needs to do more work bringing female heroes to the spotlight. Captain Marvel was a great step in that direction and we need to see more of it going forward. That shot in Endgame is not as important as an all-female team-up movie would be, but its not nothing, either.

I think everyone was talking the All girl team up shot.

In terms of her being rescue, I dont know about that. Her reaction to fighting killian made it pretty clear she doesn't like the violence. I don't think she liked fighting.

But who cares she looks cool in armor and it was basically about to be the end of the universe. If theres ever a time to find your capacity for violence...:lol

Although potentially dying in battle and leaving her child without one or both parents makes me raise an eyebrow (Pepper is not professional military, law enforcement etc.) -- I took her joining the fight as being a response to a potentially world-ending threat she couldn't stand idly by for.

I assume there was time for her to train in the armour between films, and it would have been AI-assisted anyway.

It's no more "shoehorned" than any other amazing fan-service moment in any of these films.

You may have a point there.

[...] I guarantee that there were young girls in theaters around the world who were thrilled to see themselves represented on screen in that moment.[...]

This was my response to my girlfriend's raised eyebrow. When I was a little kid watching ROTJ I didn't think too hard about plotholes, Ewoks or issues. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride.

It's no more "shoehorned" than any other amazing fan-service moment in any of these films. Thor literally brought Mjolnir back from the past for the sole reason that we could see Cap could end up wielding it. He has Stormbreaker, he didn't NEED to take it from his past self.

Maybe you (and I mean the general 'you', ie everyone sharing this opinion) didn't enjoy seeing all of the women group up to run interference for the gauntlet, or you thought it was contrived, but I guarantee that there were young girls in theaters around the world who were thrilled to see themselves represented on screen in that moment. The theater I was in cheered at that moment both times I saw it.

Yes, Marvel needs to do more work bringing female heroes to the spotlight. Captain Marvel was a great step in that direction and we need to see more of it going forward. That shot in Endgame is not as important as an all-female team-up movie would be, but its not nothing, either.

Yeah.... no. I knew someone had would bring this up. I don't care one way or another about that. I think it was shoehorned because it didn't fit into the context of the scene. there's a major battle going on and all of a sudden all of the female characters just seem to have a homing beacon to the other female characters and show up for a group shot with none of the male avengers. Powerful scene.. fine, whatever - still shoehorned. The Mjolnir thing still at least flowed within the story.

Yeah.... no. I knew someone had would bring this up. I don't care one way or another about that. I think it was shoehorned because it didn't fit into the context of the scene. there's a major battle going on and all of a sudden all of the female characters just seem to have a homing beacon to the other female characters and show up for a group shot with none of the male avengers. Powerful scene.. fine, whatever - still shoehorned.

I didn't think i was powerful because it made no sense (even in a comic book movie). BW and Okoye coming to assist Wanda during IW made sense - you can "interpolate" 2 warriors would catch that something was up esp. Widow who had tangled with Proxima before.

I'd rather have had Bucky and Falcon just step in and start unloading ammunition (as it is, they got to do little). The whole scene was all these women were having separate fights; they all NOTICED what was going on, and stopped whatever they were doing *just like that*.

Didn't think it was powerful it was silly. Or maybe it was put in so young girls would want Hasbro figs $$$$$

Yeah.... no. I knew someone had would bring this up. I don't care one way or another about that. I think it was shoehorned because it didn't fit into the context of the scene. there's a major battle going on and all of a sudden all of the female characters just seem to have a homing beacon to the other female characters and show up for a group shot with none of the male avengers. Powerful scene.. fine, whatever - still shoehorned. The Mjolnir thing still at least flowed within the story.

And yet, you wouldn't bat an eyelash if it had been Cap with the Gauntlet, and Thor, Spider-man, Iron Man and Hulk coming to run interference for him.

That's why the problem is not the scene, it's your perspective.

And yet, you wouldn't bat an eyelash if it had been Cap with the Gauntlet, and Thor, Spider-man, Iron Man and Hulk coming to run interference for him.

That's why the problem is not the scene, it's your perspective.

Yeah, keep making that stupid accusation/generalization. I never even said I had a problem with the scene.

Back