1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably because they took a step backwards with the tailoring for this suit when the proportions in Concept Art and Infinity War Steve were so good. I'm still getting it no matter how it turns out cause I've been waiting for scale mail Steve since Avengers 1 but I just hope they fix it. Is the prototype the worst thing ever? Absolutely not, but it could be so much better.

Yeah, I think it’s a mix of disappointment and the usual lull between preorder and the months of waiting. It definitely does feel like a step back. The chest seems too thick of a piece, covers too much and probably is partially responsible for flat traps. The head is also the Civil War one with the swappable face plates and weaker likeness so that doesn’t help.
I’ll probably end up getting this guy but if not I just did the mod with the Infinity War version. It’s not perfect (I still want to highlight the scales) but it definitely works for me.
bf4ec8a376a45883aec8156df2854540.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy how the modded IW ones exposing the scales looks better than the EG Cap.

That’s why I don’t get why Hot Toys went back to the drawing board for this. The scales aren’t completely accurate to Endgame, but the panels are separate so they could have just added more accurate sections.
Still, I’m foolishly holding out hope that they improve this a little before release.

Yeah, your modded IW Cap looks much more accurate to EG Cap than the actual EG prototype figure. The scales aren’t supposed to be a separate plate, they’re supposed to be beneath the suit and are simply exposed. If you’re somehow able to give the scales a bit of luster to them, then it’d look even more superb. I’d personally just stick with what you have. I don’t see HT improving the chest area on EG Cap to look as accurate as what it does with the IW suit when you expose the scales. Plus, the proportions on IW Cap are great.

How did you get the long sleeves? Did you simply unroll the sleeves on the IW suit?

They just need to reuse the same chest piece but include the proper scales stitched in. If they don’t I’ll probably just pick up another IW one and mod it to be an EG version

Yeah, I think it’s a mix of disappointment and the usual lull between preorder and the months of waiting. It definitely does feel like a step back. The chest seems too thick of a piece, covers too much and probably is partially responsible for flat traps. The head is also the Civil War one with the swappable face plates and weaker likeness so that doesn’t help.
I’ll probably end up getting this guy but if not I just did the mod with the Infinity War version. It’s not perfect (I still want to highlight the scales) but it definitely works for me.
bf4ec8a376a45883aec8156df2854540.jpg

How did you extend the sleeves of the IW?

Could you send more photos or if you have them on instagram? your version of the captain EG is awesome mate!

Should paint the gloves black. I think that’s how they were in EG. I noticed it at the end when he got on the new smaller quantum tunnel.

How did you get the long sleeves? Did you simply unroll the sleeves on the IW suit?

How did you extend the sleeves of the IW?

Could you send more photos or if you have them on instagram? your version of the captain EG is awesome mate!

I tried to just extend the sleeves but even totally folded down they don’t even reach the long IW gloves so I just added the forearm parts from the Civil War figure to make up the length. The color and texture are different but it works for now.
e33af36a84cbad76657372b984045208.jpg

And here are a couple more pics of it
Spoiler Spoiler:

I tried to just extend the sleeves but even totally folded down they don’t even reach the long IW gloves so I just added the forearm parts from the Civil War figure to make up the length. The color and texture are different but it works for now.
e33af36a84cbad76657372b984045208.jpg

And here are a couple more pics of it
Spoiler Spoiler:

Great mod man. Looks better than the current Endgame Proto Cap.

That chest plate just isn’t cutting it. I wonder if they’re apparently designing it like that though for articulation purposes?

I dunno, looking at that chest piece it just looks like they haven’t completed it, like they still need to sew on the fabric panels like the IW one had. One can hope. It’d definitely be different for them to make it like that for articulation when IW doesn’t need it.

Back