1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottom line is that a majority of companies are just too cheap for that. Making customers wait is worth saving a penny to them. It's not like they're hurting for money or customers right now.

I definitely cannot say they aren't hurting for money, I am sure they could use the cash flow
of literally hundreds (if not in the thousands) of orders waiting to be fulfilled for various Hot Toys figures.

I am saying that until the dock situation gets better, they should be working with Sideshow
to get them product in a timely manner, not double or way more the standard wait time from
release at Secret Base to getting them released in the US.

That's why the HK sellers are getting $400 - $450 shipped for figures like Endgame Thor.
I almost broke down because I want the figure in a reasonable time, but I decided against paying
anymore of these insane mark-ups to get stuff. I've done it before and regretted it.

I have always wondered why hot toys and sideshow don't purchase a transport plane and do the shipping themselves. They have millions, not like they couldn't afford it!.
It's not like they are the only company having issues. There is only so many planes and ships available and thousands of American companies are trying to get their merchandise over here all competing for that limited space. Shipping costs have literally tripled in the last year. I don't blame any company for delays as they have lost billions due to the shipping delays. it's just a crazy couple years.

Got charged for shipping today and Recieved an email from dhl. Expected delivery Monday, not bad!

Ugh Popcultcha delayed Cap till November now.
Have you tried getting it from William Wang or Jefferson Tan on FB groups? Got mine from the latter last week. Figure looks great and I'm super happy. Only downside is that they don't provide after sales service since they aren't official sellers/distributors and get their stock from HK.

Have you tried getting it from William Wang or Jefferson Tan on FB groups? Got mine from the latter last week. Figure looks great and I'm super happy. Only downside is that they don't provide after sales service since they aren't official sellers/distributors and get their stock from HK.
It's all paid for at popcultcha and they don't give refunds just store credit. I can wait it's just annoying.

Bought 16/05/2019, received 25/08/2021. It has been a wait....

Do you think Hot Toys will reduce the time between release and shipping sometime? We could open a topic to post a list of releases and shipping estimate. It would be interestting.

I finally received my Endgame Captain America, and it came in surprisingly fast via DHL (California > Ontario, Canada in 1 day)
I chose the double box shipping option because I was worried that the box would get damaged since I live so far away. I read that for some members it only cost $4? I would say that's worth it because of so much padding they provide in the box, it was packed tight.

20210828_124620.jpg

20210828_125533.jpg

20210828_130346.jpg

It looks like my Captain America's right collar stitching came loose, but I guess some super glue will hold it down. This came from Sideshow so it looks like stock that got stuck at the California docks, seeing as the collar height is high and not low as some people in Taiwan/Indonesia have received theirs.

View attachment 536246

It looks like my Captain America's right collar stitching came loose, but I guess some super glue will hold it down. This came from Sideshow so it looks like stock that got stuck at the California docks, seeing as the collar height is high and not low as some people in Taiwan/Indonesia have received theirs.
I got mine from Sideshow a few days ago and have the same exact problem with the same side of the collar. I think the Sideshow batch has the high nicer collar.

So is this batch that’s coming from sideshow the one with the short collar?
The batches coming from sideshow is high collar, so far I've only seen people who received theirs in Taiwan & Indonesia have short collars.
1630243502660.png

This is what the short collar looks like and the person said they received it from a local seller in Indonesia.

I got mine from Sideshow a few days ago and have the same exact problem with the same side of the collar. I think the Sideshow batch has the high nicer collar.
I finally received my Endgame Captain America, and it came in surprisingly fast via DHL (California > Ontario, Canada in 1 day)
I chose the double box shipping option because I was worried that the box would get damaged since I live so far away. I read that for some members it only cost $4? I would say that's worth it because of so much padding they provide in the box, it was packed tight.

View attachment 536245
View attachment 536246
View attachment 536247

Are you guys going to ask for an exchange because of the ripped collar or just glue it? The stitching on the end looks frayed, too.

Are you guys going to ask for an exchange because of the ripped collar or just glue it? The stitching on the end looks frayed, too.
I'm thinking about it, but who knows how long sideshow will take to send a replacement as some people still have not received theirs. I also live in Canada and pay import duties/taxes each time I get something from sideshow so I'll ask for a slight refund & glue the part down myself

20210825_183854.jpg

I'm going to keep mine and deal with it. I bought it through a friend's store. I don't want to put him through the hassle of it after helping me get one. He's already dealing with the Mark 85 head sculpt exchange for me. I think the issue is more noticeable on willy's figure. The gap is larger than the one on mine.

View attachment 536385
I'm going to keep mine and deal with it. I bought it through a friend's store. I don't want to put him through the hassle of it after helping me get one. He's already dealing with the Mark 85 head sculpt exchange for me. I think the issue is more noticeable on willy's figure. The gap is larger than the one on mine.

That looks perfect to me so I would “deal with it” too:lol

20210829_164612.jpg

The angle of the picture helps. To someone randomly looking at the figure it'd be easier to ignore. Since I know exactly where to look it's immediately eye-catching. When I first opened the figure the shoulder pad was under the right collar piece. I adjusted the shoulder pad to go over that piece and applied a good deal of pressure. I wanted to do as much as I could before resorting to glue.

Last edited:
Back