1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loving the figure!
2VExzev.jpg

Kfo8skm.jpg
U1f08kl.jpg
uUSxiBp.jpg
Great photos! And good thing the characters came to a conclusion when they did because another decade in the franchise and Hot Toys would have made them each 18" tall...

So I figured out that (along with hiking up the pants as much as possible) adjusting the belt up above the top of the pants a bit more -- but not so much that there's a gap between belt and bottom of pants -- helps some with that weird waistline/butt issue in the back. Try it out and see if it helps for you! :)
That's what I did too. I also took his boots off to work his lower pants up more to allow a little more room in the pants. When the movie specifically talks about a character having a nice ass, more effort should really be put into highlighting that ass. BvS Batfleck meanwhile has a great ass hidden by that damn cape. Get it together, HT.

Regarding the hand/shield connection, I find it easiest to completely remove the small strap and put it in his hand and remove one side of the larger strap. Getting the hand on the peg when he's just holding one strap is easier than the whole shield. Once the hand is in, reconnect the strap to the shield. Then just attach the rest of the other strap. It stays on nice and secure.

Heads up! If you have a preorder the new batch of this figure has a defect in the collar part.

Attachments

• 32B5EFF5-70B6-4AC0-8E9A-0319EF832797.jpeg
    32B5EFF5-70B6-4AC0-8E9A-0319EF832797.jpeg
    338.8 KB · Views: 189
i don't really understand the defect, is the height different now? and I ordered in full from sideshow in February, still no updates, does this mean second batch for me?

Order still shows shipping in March... fully paid for... still waiting. :/

Maybe he means the big gap? Not quite sure either.

Still, I wonder if he has seen enough figures to confirm that it's a common problem of the "second batch"...

Hey guys! Don't know if you guys caught what KirBayBey had said a few figures back, but he and I both ended up finding ours at our local comic book shops! I preordered mine from SS in Jan 2020 and my comic book shop had one in last week that I jumped right on. I only ended up paying like $10 more for it than I would have if I had stuck with SS (accounting for shipping and handling fees.)

And because the figure has been delayed more than 90 days, SS gave me a full refund. I didn't think my local shops would get it shipped to them before me, but they did! So keep stalking your comic book shops and don't lose hope! :)

Heres the standard collar on the left, and the latest batch on the right

Attachments

• 91FC6D81-7EDA-4300-9C48-BA6CDAFD313F.jpeg
    91FC6D81-7EDA-4300-9C48-BA6CDAFD313F.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 143
  • D18CD606-9492-40A2-9C9D-D45DE0C2AEDE.jpeg
    D18CD606-9492-40A2-9C9D-D45DE0C2AEDE.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 134
I think I'll move mine to its own separate display case away from my other figures, just in case it spontaneously bursts into flames. :ROFLMAO:

I think I'll move mine to its own separate display case away from my other figures, just in case it spontaneously bursts into flames. :ROFLMAO:
:lol

By the way, these latest pics are amazing. The figure looks great except that I'm still getting a pin-head vibe. Is that the case in-hand? Is it that the sculpt is to scale but the body is too big? Just curious.

:lol

By the way, these latest pics are amazing. The figure looks great except that I'm still getting a pin-head vibe. Is that the case in-hand? Is it that the sculpt is to scale but the body is too big? Just curious.
For me, it truly and objectively is not. I could def see some of the head size issues in some of the pictures folks have posted, but I don't see it at all in real life. Every Hot Toys figure I've had has always looked better in-hand for me.

I will say this: The body-to-head size ratio is slightly different on this figure vs the head-body ratio on Evans in EG. However, it still very much looks like Captain America's correct body proportions; if anything, it emphasizes a broader body ( sort of like he had in TFA and TWS). So although it doesn't perfectly match the EG body/head size, I would say it very accurately reflects his average size over the span of the movies.

Additionally, if his helmeted head looks too small when compared to the unhelmeted, remember that it would look a bit smaller in comparison to his head with its "poofy" hair. And I would say his hair was at its poofiest in EG. Haha

For me, it truly and objectively is not. I could def see some of the head size issues in some of the pictures folks have posted, but I don't see it at all in real life. Every Hot Toys figure I've had has always looked better in-hand for me.

I will say this: The body-to-head size ratio is slightly different on this figure vs the head-body ratio on Evans in EG. However, it still very much looks like Captain America's correct body proportions; if anything, it emphasizes a broader body ( sort of like he had in TFA and TWS). So although it doesn't perfectly match the EG body/head size, I would say it very accurately reflects his average size over the span of the movies.

Additionally, if his helmeted head looks too small when compared to the unhelmeted, remember that it would look a bit smaller in comparison to his head with its "poofy" hair. And I would say his hair was at its poofiest in EG. Haha
That is great to hear.

I am interested in picking up a CA for my measly Marvel display but I was leaning towards the new 2012 version. The proportions just seemed better and the brighter colors look good to me. These latest pics are making the choice difficult, though...

The idea of having the big 3 facing off against Thanos on my shelf is still too enticing to not pick this one up in favor of the 2012 version. Still need Thor to hurry the hel up though. :impatient:

Back