1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on allowing yourself the Hulkbuster, Jye. The only thing stopping me buying that is the size and expense. I've occasionally asked myself why I had to buy the '89 Batmobile, couldn't I have satisfied that itch with a smaller representation. So therein lies my personal doubt about the HB.

The Hulkbuster is probably in my top five most satisfying purchases. I know it's pricey AF but honestly it seems worth the money when you have it in hand. The fact I could throw my Banner figure in there and create a (albeit it slightly inaccurate) scene from Infinity War is the icing on the cake!

Thanks a-dev i’m just hoping they give a 10% sale during their birthday celebration this week they did it for the arm accessory but not yet for the deluxe, fingers crossed

SS told me if they do they will amend my order no problem.

They still have 999 left!

Horizontal space is more of a problem for me than vertical space.

It’s crazy though that you are sacrificing the JL trinity + 1 for this ONE Hulkbuster!

Think about it I can buy DCEU Superman, Batman, Nightmare Batman and WW for the price of that hunka figure lol

I’ve never purchased 4 HT figures on one day before lol

Last edited:
Haha yeah man. I've got the Deluxe Hulkbuster. The crazy part is I never really spent much time with it, probably 15 mins total. I boxed it back up and said I would get around to inspecting again when I had more time. I've had plenty of time since...just been a lazy SOB since the box is so huge lol.

Maybe one day I'll get around to unpacking it again and admiring it more than just 15 mins...just maybe... :lol

Remind me again: Why did you get into this hobby? :lol

Tbh I think I prefer the 2012 version to this. I'm not excited at all about this figure. It doesn't look bad by any means, but I don't feel the need to rush out and get it.

Tbh I think I prefer the 2012 version to this. I'm not excited at all about this figure. It doesn't look bad by any means, but I don't feel the need to rush out and get it.
I said the same thing about the civil war caps, then a couple of years later I struggled to find one for less than $700.

Haha yeah man. I've got the Deluxe Hulkbuster. The crazy part is I never really spent much time with it, probably 15 mins total. I boxed it back up and said I would get around to inspecting again when I had more time. I've had plenty of time since...just been a lazy SOB since the box is so huge lol.

Maybe one day I'll get around to unpacking it again and admiring it more than just 15 mins...just maybe... :lol

I got Hulkbuster recently and spent an hour putting all the batteries in (to make sure it all worked) then another getting the left arm off so I could put the jackhammer arm on. It was worth it, its beautiful.

Remind me again: Why did you get into this hobby? :lol

I ask myself that too sometimes. It's addictive and expensive and I don't get nearly the maximum gratification out of this hobby as I should (since I don't display my figs)...I guess I'm a weirdo, what can I say? :lol

I got Hulkbuster recently and spent an hour putting all the batteries in (to make sure it all worked) then another getting the left arm off so I could put the jackhammer arm on. It was worth it, its beautiful.

Yeeeeeah, when I got it this was my first and only Iron Man fig where I said F it with trying out all the lights...because what? Aside from wasting 1+ hour, worst case scenario one of the lights is busted (which I probably would never light up anyway), what am I gonna do? Ship it all the way back for an exchange...yeeeeah, okay. It's more of a hassle than anything else! :lol

The Hulkbuster is probably in my top five most satisfying purchases. I know it's pricey AF but honestly it seems worth the money when you have it in hand. The fact I could throw my Banner figure in there and create a (albeit it slightly inaccurate) scene from Infinity War is the icing on the cake!

Thanks a-dev i?m just hoping they give a 10% sale during their birthday celebration this week they did it for the arm accessory but not yet for the deluxe, fingers crossed

SS told me if they do they will amend my order no problem.

They still have 999 left!

Horizontal space is more of a problem for me than vertical space.

It?s crazy though that you are sacrificing the JL trinity + 1 for this ONE Hulkbuster!

Think about it I can buy DCEU Superman, Batman, Nightmare Batman and WW for the price of that hunka figure lol

I?ve never purchased 4 HT figures on one day before lol

There's too many other figures I'm looking to catch up on right now to give Hulkbuster real consideration. Sounds like he'll be available for a while yet though. 999 left at Sideshow? Jaysus

I ask myself that too sometimes. It's addictive and expensive and I don't get nearly the maximum gratification out of this hobby as I should (since I don't display my figs)...I guess I'm a weirdo, what can I say? :lol

I display mine...just badly :lol I'm eternally focused on collecting toys themselves and just hodge-podge together whatever mismatched shelving I happen to have, no elaborate lighting, nothing to make it all look nice. There's a reason I'm here all this time and still don't have a ''Show your Shelves'' thread :lol

To be fair I was just looking into changing this situation when Covid hit and now Ireland is in a seemingly permanent lockdown.

I hear you you?re not wrong I am just being overly critical and to be honest the one thing that bothers me the most from this has nothing to do with the head it?s those damn baggy arms, yuck!

But then I find a pic where I go WOW love it:

View attachment 508891
View attachment 508892
Baggy arms? What about those baggy pants? That's America's ass!

Congrats on allowing yourself the Hulkbuster, Jye. The only thing stopping me buying that is the size and expense. I've occasionally asked myself why I had to buy the '89 Batmobile, couldn't I have satisfied that itch with a smaller representation. So therein lies my personal doubt about the HB.

Do you like the overall Hulkbuster design? I don't feel it has aged well. The head and arms are just weird looking. I do kinda like the look of it opened up with the 43 standing in it, but not enough to purchase.

On the subject of this Cap, I keep forgetting I have it preordered and I can't believe it hasn't yet shipped. I'm tempted to cancel as it seems to suffer from death by a thousand cuts. But I'll probably keep it, just because I doubt there will ever be a better version of Endgame Cap. I need it to go with Thanos and BD 85.

Unfortunately Cap did die of a 1000 cuts for me well said btw...

a-dev was responsible for 250 of those cuts lol

This shot cracks me up crazy that both are the same price...

3B3C419F-CE6F-4122-B46F-3E7D0D178A53.jpeg

Do you like the overall Hulkbuster design? I don't feel it has aged well. The head and arms are just weird looking. I do kinda like the look of it opened up with the 43 standing in it, but not enough to purchase.

Hmm. I dunno if it's the kind of thing I would think of as 'aging'. Maybe you just never really liked the design. I don't really like the big chunky yellow things on the forearms. But I know that overall I prefer this one to the later one that Banner used in Infinity War.

The expense is the main offputting factor for me - it's a lot of money for something that I'd put on a shelf and never do anything with for fear of breaking it - I would hardly try to pose it or swap any part out - it would always look the same. And it's size would make it an awkward one to find a good place for. I wouldn't necessarily be able to have it next to the rest of my Marvel figures.

But who knows, fast forward a year from now and maybe it'll be in my collection. :lol

Unfortunately Cap did die of a 1000 cuts for me well said btw...

a-dev was responsible for 250 of those cuts lol

:yess:

Unfortunately I had decided to cancel my order as I just lost interest with the long wait. I was surprised to see SS refunded my NRD without me asking. I’m wondering if it’s because it’s taking so long? Either way, I’m probably gonna go for the 2012 version to be my cap on the shelf.

I just ordered this guy from TBA last night, he dropped in price so pretty much matches sideshows total cost. I couldn't wait any longer. Only own the concept and IW versions so was a must have for me as I feel this is the definitive version of Captain finally! It really is a bummer the time it takes for SS to get "new" releases, its no doubt a buzz kill waiting months for something that is all over online. Wish Hot Toys could ship their stock sooner, but thats just the way it is unfortunately.

Back