Action Figure Hot Toys 1/4 scale Iron Man Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe it's me, but it seems like a lot of Hot Toys Marvel figures are trending down. I noticed quite a few ebay saved searches that I follow have had lower purchased dollar amounts in the past. Which is fine for me because I'm still in search of a couple of items.

Also alot of PO items are still in stock whereas in the past they would have sold out . Are we on the bubble? I know the MCU is on a bit of a break after Endgame.

After all that being said I don't see this guy going down like the other quarter scales. Iron Men = $

Hmm, I'm curious...do you have any examples of specific figures and the price range prior versus the price range now?

Hmm, I'm curious...do you have any examples of specific figures and the price range prior versus the price range now?

I'd say I've seen mark46, mark42 come down about 5-10%, cw captain america down about the same. I know newer versions usually push older ones down. Could be time of year or that End Game had ended. On the contrary I've seen Star Wars items rise about 5-15%.

eBay (and it's buyers) can be funny sometimes. Saw an open box Mark 50 go for $480 + shipping several weeks ago via auction format. I think there were at least 10+ available brand new for around $430 shipped at that time. I assumed the buyer wanted assurance that the lights were working and no defects and was willing to overpay. However I'll never know :lol

eBay (and it's buyers) can be funny sometimes. Saw an open box Mark 50 go for $480 + shipping several weeks ago via auction format. I think there were at least 10+ available brand new for around $430 shipped at that time. I assumed the buyer wanted assurance that the lights were working and no defects and was willing to overpay. However I'll never know :lol

Yes exactly! I have seen auctions going for more than items they could have bought it now. All things being equal it never made sense to me. Although if you were the seller I would have loved it :wink1:

Yes exactly! I have seen auctions going for more than items they could have bought it now. All things being equal it never made sense to me. Although if you were the seller I would have loved it :wink1:

I sometimes feel like in those instances the seller artificially pumps up the bid and gets some poor bidder to foot the higher price.

For example I saw the same seller sell Spider Punk at a loss at around $180 range last week, and then this week he had another bid for Spider Punk where it sold at around $245.

My take is that since he took a loss on the first one, with the second listing he kept pumping the bids until it was just under a person's max bid to break even...but I dunno, that's just my take on the matter...

I sometimes feel like in those instances the seller artificially pumps up the bid and gets some poor bidder to foot the higher price.

For example I saw the same seller sell Spider Punk at a loss at around $180 range last week, and then this week he had another bid for Spider Punk where it sold at around $245.

My take is that since he took a loss on the first one, with the second listing he kept pumping the bids until it was just under a person's max bid to break even...but I dunno, that's just my take on the matter...

Ya I've seen some shady stuff like that too. Ebay is terrible at scams like that or fraudulent sellers.

Maybe people just getting sick and tired of forking loads of hard earned money to flippers, scalpers, whatever you want to call them. There are other more worthy ways to spend our hard earned money. :lol

I really really want to get another set of this. Can you guys dislike it more. :rotfl

I'm still torn between this one and the Mark 42. I'm also still having trouble deciding wether to sell off my sixth scale figures and go all in with QS figures. :gah:

I don’t think I could go just 1/4. I like the idea of it since the 1/4s I have make such striking display pieces but I’m still struggling to decide if I want to let go of the 1/6 counterparts I do have.

I don’t think I could go just 1/4. I like the idea of it since the 1/4s I have make such striking display pieces but I’m still struggling to decide if I want to let go of the 1/6 counterparts I do have.

Well I only have 11 sixth scale figures left after I traded a few in for my QS Vader. Unfortunately I'm still really struggling with a few of them. All are Star Wars figures and I would love for them to be made into QS, but I'm sure that won't be the case. Then again, I would like to keep it more simple and just have 6 of my favorite characters in QS.

That's a tough call. There are figures that are unlikely to ever be made in 1/4 ... so I probably wouldn't do it personally.

Hahaha! I guess we collectors think alike! I was thinking about selling off my 1/6 iron men and just have this QS represent my iron man.

Well I only have 11 sixth scale figures left after I traded a few in for my QS Vader. Unfortunately I'm still really struggling with a few of them. All are Star Wars figures and I would love for them to be made into QS, but I'm sure that won't be the case. Then again, I would like to keep it more simple and just have 6 of my favorite characters in QS.

That's a tough call. There are figures that are unlikely to ever be made in 1/4 ... so I probably wouldn't do it personally.

That’s the other thing for sure. There’s probably no chance most of what I have in 1/6 will ever be made in 1/4. Even if it was I wouldn’t have the space much less the money for it all. I’m looking at 1/4 scale right now as more of “THE” representation of a particular movie, movies or character than a scale I just want to collect figures in.

That’s the other thing for sure. There’s probably no chance most of what I have in 1/6 will ever be made in 1/4. Even if it was I wouldn’t have the space much less the money for it all. I’m looking at 1/4 scale right now as more of “THE” representation of a particular movie, movies or character than a scale I just want to collect figures in.
That's what I was thinking. Have one QS to represent a particular movie or character. My problem is, space vs money(like it's not everyone's problem in this hobby). The space my wife will let me have, without complaining too much, will only allow for three Detolfs. Once those are filled, I'll be basically done unless I constantly rotate out figures. And to add more pressure, I had to pick one theme(mine was Star Wars), which I really hated. I love so many different properties. By going to straight QS, I have the ability to get different figures I love from different properties(not to mention they are just d**n awesome)!

That's what I was thinking. Have one QS to represent a particular movie or character. My problem is, space vs money(like it's not everyone's problem in this hobby). The space my wife will let me have, without complaining too much, will only allow for three Detolfs. Once those are filled, I'll be basically done unless I constantly rotate out figures. And to add more pressure, I had to pick one theme(mine was Star Wars), which I really hated. I love so many different properties. By going to straight QS, I have the ability to get different figures I love from different properties(not to mention they are just d**n awesome)!

Go exclusively QS. Its what i did. I was going to make an exception for endgame thanos since we will never see that in 1/4 but ultimately decided to cancel even after putting down an nrd because it would look out of place. 1/4 is just much cooler in every way. 1/4 stormtrooper is coming soon i believe and and hopefully the 1/4 kylo sees the light of day. More 1/4 iron mans are also pretty much guaranteed so yeah, go 1/4.

I'm still torn between this one and the Mark 42. I'm also still having trouble deciding wether to sell off my sixth scale figures and go all in with QS figures. :gah:

I am waiting for hot toys to make a 1/2 scale Endoskeleton or Mark 46.

Back