1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible ...

This guy lol

Osama wasn't childish, man. Just passionate about why he wanted to kill Americans and he achieved the atrocities he planned carefully. Genocidal monsters like Bin Laden are the complete opposite of "brats".

Just because Thanos insulted Ronan didn't lessen the weight of what he wanted to do. All it did was reiterate how Thanos and Ronan don't care about mass murder.

My whole point is Ronan isn't Osama so you can't compare the two

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible ...

My whole point is Ronan isn't Osama so you can't compare the two

No, this is your point

"He wants to kill billions? Ah, who cares. Seen that before."

Only in today's world is mass murder a generic exercise in cinema.

And Gunn based GOTG's version on Bin Laden, guy.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Well yeah it is generic, been done millions of times in film before, Alderaan actually got blown away.

Okay let's say he is based on Bin Laden, still generic, there's no layers to his character. Wants to blow up planet cause they were at war for thousands of years. It's generic

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

hahaha not yet buddy.

yeah i got to agree. terrorist are just generic.

i guess thats what he meant.
that is what terrorist do. the method could be different. but the motive, the desire for the end game is still the same.
terrorist 101. -generic

Well uhh, that's science fiction dude.

If anything, I actually really felt the fake Mandarin's videos and fake execution of that dude. I thought that was waaaay heavier than blowing up a planet or all this science fiction stuff.

This^

And Ronan never showed executions? The first thing he does in the damn movie was execute a guy by smashing his head with a ****ing hammer. XD

i guess thats what he meant.
that is what terrorist do. the method could be different. but the motive, the desire for the end game is still the same.
terrosist 101.

This too^

In Ronan's case he was being a sad Kree he can't fight anymore so he's like I'm just gonna do it anyway

And Ronan never showed executions? The first thing he does in the damn movie was execute a guy by smashing his head with a ****ing hammer. XD

I meant towards other Xandarians of course we saw it, but not the Nova Corps :lol

Discussions like these for me are evidence that the studios should veer more towards mindless entertainment.

Real world issues are boring and generic to the desensitized masses that comprise the primary target audience for summer tentpoles. Don't bring in religion and socio-political commentary. Keep it light and colorful!

Discussions like these for me are evidence that the studios should veer more towards mindless entertainment.

Real world issues are boring and generic to the desensitized masses that comprise the primary target audience for summer tentpoles. Don't bring in religion and socio-political commentary. Keep it light and colorful!

i'm not saying real world issues are boring and generic.
CBM villains are CBM villains. there's no point on comparing em with the real world terrorist. coz the potrayal is generic.
there's nothing new on most CBM villains agendas anyway.

as for religion and socio-political commentary, its the forum rules. so better stay away from it. hey there are collectors all over the world here.

1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible ...

Absolutely not true.

But dude, it's Summer. We wanna have fun in the Summer. These movies are supposed to be fun. We want to be entertained and we want to have a good time. But that doesn't mean we don't care about films and such that deal with those issues.

People still enjoy movies that talk about real world issues and such. It's not like they aren't successful. What makes you think that ALL we care about is mindless entertainment?

i'm not saying real world issues are boring and generic.
CBM villains are CBM villains. there's no point on comparing em with the real world terrorist. coz the potrayal is generic.
there's nothing new on most CBM villains agendas anyway.

as for religion and socio-political commentary, its the forum rules. so better stay away from it. hey there are collectors all over the world here.

Forum rules or not (don't really know if that's true) Gunn chose to base Ronan on something from the real world - which is terrorism fueled by religious and political hatred and that made Ronan a very compelling and menacing villain to me.

Forum rules or not (don't really know if that's true) Gunn chose to base Ronan on something from the real world - which is terrorism fueled by religious and political hatred and that made Ronan a very compelling and menacing villain to me.

as for the forum rules, you could read back the 1st message from the admin. but i'm not the hall monitor. just stating it.

as for Ronan, if you felt that way for him, then props to you.

as for me, Ronan is definitely gonna be on my shelf if he got made.

Oh man. Wasn't expecting to come and find ISIS and Bin Laden debates on a forum for an action figure...talk about shiz outta left field.

Oh man. Wasn't expecting to come and find ISIS and Bin Laden debates on a forum for an action figure...talk about shiz outta left field.

No one saw that coming...

Back