Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jnix is one of the best sculptors in the biz. Never liked that head at all. Also detest the hot toys one. Luckily I love hot toys v2. I don’t even think the hair is terribly off from part one. Super thrilled about my v2 head on my v1 body.( once the hair is painted lighter that is) I’d take a better Marty head if it existed. But love this one/

An underrated one is the old Trevor grove one also.

I've posted this before, but I think the Sdabbs sculpt is one of the better ones. My paint job doesn't do it justice.
Y90vvvs.jpg

Jnix also goes better if you have Doc to go with him. Marty's slack jaw look goes well with that.

Yeah. Those things are awesome. The quality control isn't great, though.
My Brother bought a half scale Cavill Superman and it was leaning by about 7 degrees. They kept trying to fob him off with small refunds, and in the end, he got a new one, and had to destroy the old one rather than send it back to Sideshow, lol. He put a video of him destroying it with a mallet on his youtube channel.

Oh wow, that doesn't sound great.
I have always coveted them & thought they all turned out amazing but I'll have to be careful if I'm ever lucky enough to get one.

Username said:
I know what you mean. I have the Delorean, Marty, TDKR Bat, ROTJ Luke, ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan, TFA Resistance Rey TFA Tie Pilot, A couple of Irona Man figures, and every Cap since TWS, all sitting in their boxes unopened. I want them, but don't have the display space right now.

That's quite an awesome collection sitting there waiting to be set free :wink1:
So far I have been very good & stayed away from Avengers & Star Wars Hot Toys but fear that is failing as I now how IW Thor & Captain Marvel on pre-order & I keep eyeing up Endgame Thanos & Cap America too...not to mention I want a Last Jedi Rey, Kylo & Luke pretty bad too lol
Blasted Hot Toys...just when you think you are out :wink1:

My entire collection is currently in the process of being moved from storage back to my loft
I started getting into serious collecting when I lived in a small flat & had no space to display anything at all so started storing at my parents, but when they moved to a smaller property we had to take on a storage unit to put it in.
We moved into our house last year & I'm finally putting the finishing touches in that means I can finally have some display space & once everything is back & I know how much space I have I'll do a full inventory of what's there & consider selling some on...I don't think I'll ever have space for all of it.

Neil

Oh wow, that doesn't sound great.
I have always coveted them & thought they all turned out amazing but I'll have to be careful if I'm ever lucky enough to get one.

They are incredible, if you get a good one. And i am sure that's the majority of them. The attention to detail and work that goes into them is mind blowing.
If you have a strong constitution, give this a watch, lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4J7ZN2rDPU
Here's the BVS Superman with the Hot Toys at his feet...

B9799738-79FE-4776-AFFB-3CD81C3A3729.jpg

23C48C98-646F-49C4-8427-CCAA2F0DC606.jpg

That's quite an awesome collection sitting there waiting to be set free :wink1:
So far I have been very good & stayed away from Avengers & Star Wars Hot Toys but fear that is failing as I now how IW Thor & Captain Marvel on pre-order & I keep eyeing up Endgame Thanos & Cap America too...not to mention I want a Last Jedi Rey, Kylo & Luke pretty bad too lol
Blasted Hot Toys...just when you think you are out :wink1:

Exactly. I am a bit more wary of my spending these days, preferring to only get the items that stand out to me.

My entire collection is currently in the process of being moved from storage back to my loft
I started getting into serious collecting when I lived in a small flat & had no space to display anything at all so started storing at my parents, but when they moved to a smaller property we had to take on a storage unit to put it in.
We moved into our house last year & I'm finally putting the finishing touches in that means I can finally have some display space & once everything is back & I know how much space I have I'll do a full inventory of what's there & consider selling some on...I don't think I'll ever have space for all of it.

Neil

Sounds great.
I can't wait to see pics of your collection when you finally get it on display!

They are incredible, if you get a good one. And i am sure that's the majority of them. The attention to detail and work that goes into them is mind blowing.
If you have a strong constitution, give this a watch, lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4J7ZN2rDPU
Here's the BVS Superman with the Hot Toys at his feet...

B9799738-79FE-4776-AFFB-3CD81C3A3729.jpg

23C48C98-646F-49C4-8427-CCAA2F0DC606.jpg

Holy hell, that is amazing, the size of the thing!!!!
That Hot Toys figure looks absolutely tiny in comparison lol
I'll have a look at the vid later, I bet it wasn't easy to break...I remember having to destroy one of my Green with Envy Poison Ivy flowers when it arrived broke & had to get the replacement from Sideshow
Even that small piece was almost impossible to smash with a hammer...let alone something that size lol

Username said:
Exactly. I am a bit more wary of my spending these days, preferring to only get the items that stand out to me.

I try to do that...but I fail miserably
I'm like a magpie & just get distracted by the latest shiny thing lol

Username said:
Sounds great.
I can't wait to see pics of your collection when you finally get it on display!

Thanks man
Ha ha so am I...there is a lot of stuff from so many different franchises as well.

Think off the top of my head I have pieces from...

Transformers Masterpiece scale figures
Sideshow Premium Formats (all DC...so far :wink1: )
Hot Toys
Gentle Giant Clone Wars Maquettes
DC Bombshell statues
Hard Hero Transformers busts
Disney Designer villains & Prince dolls...the wifes...honest (can't have only my stuff out on display really can I? :wink1: )
Other random statues

So there will be a lot of sorting to do to decide on what goes where lol

Neil

Re: Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible F

Geez, put my EX on ebay and got a message through ebay from someone only wanting to buy the guitar.
Like, sure, i'm going to take out the item which makes this release unique, lol, and sell you it for a fraction of the cost.
He acted like he was doing me a favour, too.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible F

IMG_20190628_224841.jpgIMG_20190627_184809.jpgIMG_20190627_102940.jpg

Selling my Jnix Marty headsculpt. If interested hit me up!

Has anyone seen the Present Toys ?The Travel Man? figure just announced. Looks pretty good!

They should make an 85 Doc in radiation suit. A licence to print money. HT seem to have given up on the line.

Yeah I saw that Present Toys figure. Appears to be a recast of the Jnix sculpt, but I think they actually make it look better than the original.

07__03753.1614008169.jpg

08__24471.1614008208.jpg

That sculpt is not great in my opinion. I have the Hot Toys version anyways. If they make a Doc I might be interested.

I posted on facebook saying... since its a bootleg.. .might as well should have added the damn Nike Swoosh on the shoes...

I posted on facebook saying... since its a bootleg.. .might as well should have added the damn Nike Swoosh on the shoes...

Agreed! (Face palm)

I'd love a Marty but not really impressed with the sculpt/paint. I have their Indy on preorder, I'll probably wait to see how that looks before ordering others.

This is another aspect of why knock-offs bug me, the lack of respect for the source material. If you're going to copy something, you might as well improve on it, and add something to make it unique.

I have a new Special Edition one if anyone’s still looking for one :wave

Back