Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While Doc would of course be preferred, I feel like this Marty could get away with standing on his own, since the first film I feel was more about him. Part 2 I think would undoubtedly have to be both.

I kind of look at him the same way I do Berserker Predator: you can have him by himself, but can’t have Falconer and Tracker without Berserker.

I've been tempted to buy it again, I've added it to my ebay watchlist a few times but there's always other imminent stuff.

I've also long wanted to buy another BD Robocop/Alex Murphy set but again, always other stuff keeping it low on the priority list. They're also not cheap for a rebuy/something I already have, which is another dissuading factor.

Yeah the HT Marty Part I outfit really is stunning, almost worth the money itself.

All the different layers, the classic Denim jeans, the red jacket making it stand out on the shelf - and the fact that it all fits the figure well - he needed virtually no futzing as I recall.

Mine is still in the box...
I haven't taken Marty Or the Delorean out of their boxes. I have opened the packaging on both, to gaze at them, but then closed them back up.
I keep considering putting them both up on Ebay.
Although they are both an iconic part of my childhood, i am not sure i'd ever have the space to display them.
Decisions, decisions...

Would love the DeLorean but damn the secondary prices are fierce.

I missed the BttF Marty & opted for part 2 one instead.

Do like the original but not sure I really need both in the collection.

Neil

Quick look on Ebay & there is one in Port Talbot for £850 BIN (Collection only) but the majority are over £1k with some chancers asking over £2k & even 2 sellers asking £88,888.88 lol

I'd have to admit, that i'd only sell it to make a decent amount. I'd likely be looking for £1000 to make it worth getting rid of.
Will they ever make more? Doubtful.
Will it cost me more than i sell it for to re-buy it? Most likely.
They only way i'd sell it is to get enough that i'd never regret the sale, lol.

I'd have to admit, that i'd only sell it to make a decent amount. I'd likely be looking for £1000 to make it worth getting rid of.

Can't say I blame you
I would be exactly the same to be honest
Sadly that is far beyond my means so this will forever be something I never have (much like the '89 Batmobile to be honest ;) lol)

Neil

Why would you regret getting rid of something you have boxed up and put away?

Can't say I blame you
I would be exactly the same to be honest
Sadly that is far beyond my means so this will forever be something I never have (much like the '89 Batmobile to be honest ;) lol)

Neil

Yeah. There are so many things I want, but can’t stretch to. If I sold this, it would have to be worth it.

Why would you regret getting rid of something you have boxed up and put away?

I don’t know how old you are but, the further you go through life, the more you think twice about things.
All I meant was I own the Delorean now. It’s on a shelf at work. It’s not costing me anything. I could take it out at any time. And although our current house doesn’t afford me the space to display it, we could well move house and have room for it. At that point, I would very much regret getting £1000 for something that will cost me £2500 to reacquire.

Yeah. There are so many things I want, but can’t stretch to. If I sold this, it would have to be worth it.

Totally the same for me...most of Prime 1's catalogue spring to mind ;)

Username said:
I don’t know how old you are but, the further you go through life, the more you think twice about things.
All I meant was I own the Delorean now. It’s on a shelf at work. It’s not costing me anything. I could take it out at any time. And although our current house doesn’t afford me the space to display it, we could well move house and have room for it. At that point, I would very much regret getting £1000 for something that will cost me £2500 to reacquire.

I agree with you here.
I have so much stuff in boxes that I have yet to open & display but I couldn't part with them because reacquiring them would be both a massive chore & far more expensive than them just sitting in my loft in boxes
It's the same with a few of my video games
I bought a boxset of the CAVE Shoot em up titles for the Xbox 360 when it was released & it cost me around £300 I have never touched it but if I sold it I'd never be able to afford to buy it again & my hoarder mentality means I can't bear to part with it lol

I'm 33.

And I didn't mean any offense by the question, just curious. I use to be that way, I had tons of collectibles put away until recently when I had this sort of shock like "what the hell am I doing this for?" If I'm never using something I have a hard time holding on to it these days.

I've been tempted to buy it again, I've added it to my ebay watchlist a few times but there's always other imminent stuff.

I've also long wanted to buy another BD Robocop/Alex Murphy set but again, always other stuff keeping it low on the priority list. They're also not cheap for a rebuy/something I already have, which is another dissuading factor.

All the different layers, the classic Denim jeans, the red jacket making it stand out on the shelf - and the fact that it all fits the figure well - he needed virtually no futzing as I recall.

Yeah my Robo shelf is just below my BTTF shelf. I doubt I will ever get rid of either my Robo or BTTF figs, love looking at them too much.

Love the little badges on Marty's jacket too.

qe0HgtG.jpg

IMG_20190628_024728.jpgIMG_20190627_195143.jpg

In the beginning I wasn't sure but at the end I Just put this Jnix sculpt to upgrade the figure. I think he will stay like that.

View attachment 458999View attachment 459000

In the beginning I wasn't sure but at the end I Just put this Jnix sculpt to upgrade the figure. I think he will stay like that.

I will say, that sculpt looks much better in your photos compared to the original photos. I passed on that sculpt because it looked very feminine in the 1st pics. Looks great![emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time seeing this Jnix sculpt. I like it and the paintjob looks excellent - at the same time I don't think it makes a better headsculpt than the Hot Toys one. I feel like the eye region is throwing it off.

Yeah I agree. While it doesn't look bad it also doesn't look like a substantial upgrade either. I hate the open mouth expression on both.

Totally the same for me...most of Prime 1's catalogue spring to mind ;)

Yeah. Those things are awesome. The quality control isn't great, though.
My Brother bought a half scale Cavill Superman and it was leaning by about 7 degrees. They kept trying to fob him off with small refunds, and in the end, he got a new one, and had to destroy the old one rather than send it back to Sideshow, lol. He put a video of him destroying it with a mallet on his youtube channel.

I agree with you here.
I have so much stuff in boxes that I have yet to open & display but I couldn't part with them because reacquiring them would be both a massive chore & far more expensive than them just sitting in my loft in boxes
It's the same with a few of my video games
I bought a boxset of the CAVE Shoot em up titles for the Xbox 360 when it was released & it cost me around £300 I have never touched it but if I sold it I'd never be able to afford to buy it again & my hoarder mentality means I can't bear to part with it lol

I know what you mean. I have the Delorean, Marty, TDKR Bat, ROTJ Luke, ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan, TFA Resistance Rey TFA Tie Pilot, A couple of Irona Man figures, and every Cap since TWS, all sitting in their boxes unopened. I want them, but don't have the display space right now.

I'm 33.

And I didn't mean any offense by the question, just curious. I use to be that way, I had tons of collectibles put away until recently when I had this sort of shock like "what the hell am I doing this for?" If I'm never using something I have a hard time holding on to it these days.

I didn't take any offence.
Every now and then i have a cull, but will never get rid of the figures i deem essential to my display collection.
I just recently put all my Iron Man figures up for sale. 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and BD MKVII all gone. I may still sell my gantry and Iron Monger. I want to keep the MKVII and the MKV, because they are my favourites.
But there does come a time when you have to honestly ask yourself, will i ever display this? If the answer is no, getting rid can be a nice source of funds.
Even if all you do with said funds is buy more...

Jnix is one of the best sculptors in the biz. Never liked that head at all. Also detest the hot toys one. Luckily I love hot toys v2. I don’t even think the hair is terribly off from part one. Super thrilled about my v2 head on my v1 body.( once the hair is painted lighter that is) I’d take a better Marty head if it existed. But love this one/

An underrated one is the old Trevor grove one also.

Back