Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received message from SideShow Collectibles that they will begin processing orders for Marty on Thursday (5/28).

I just received message from SideShow Collectibles that they will begin processing orders for Marty on Thursday (5/28).

Yep. I got the same message also. Assuming they ship him out on Thursday or Friday I should have Marty in-hand by next week. This is great news :D

Got my notice! 18.63 to ship. Christ, plus pack out that's 30 bucks to ship 5 pounds and it takes 7 days! I don't know why it bothers me so much lately, but it's annoying.

Got my notice! 18.63 to ship. Christ, plus pack out that's 30 bucks to ship 5 pounds and it takes 7 days! I don't know why it bothers me so much lately, but it's annoying.

My shipping was the same, I guess it's because mine is going cross country to NJ, but still you'd think they would have a discounted rate with UPS.

I just got my notification for this Thursday for this figure and that super expensive $18.63 for shipping on a single figure. I guess they scrapped that $10 flat shipping charge that we are accustomed to. I guess I will have to start buying from BBTS. Who needs those very minimal reward points anyway. This is what they do to make up for all those returns/cancelations and ultimately we pay pay for all that.

I'm in California and the shipping is $17.14. Lmao. Okay Sideshow, I know you're just going to ship it in the thin shipper it already comes with. Stop ****ing with me.

Hell I can ship something out on my own fully bubble wrapped and in a bigger protective box for under $10 within CA. I don't know how a collectibles company can't do the same for less.

Last edited:
Ugh didn't expect this this month, went over the budget.

Oh well, 12.31 to Hawaii, stoked to get this next week :lol

In my initial excitement I didn't notice the shipping cost. $17.75 is what they quoted me. That is REALLY high in my opinion. I sold a Hot Toys figure on eBay a couple of weeks ago and shipped it to a buyer in California via USPS Priority Mail and it only cost about $11. Surely a large company like Sideshow can negotiate even better rates than I can get myself. I like using Sideshow for the Rewards Points, but if they're going to charge almost $20 to ship a single figure then it makes the Rewards Points basically useless and I'll just start shopping at places with no NRD ;)

Indeed! I guess this is also about the mark 43 and them charging $20.46 shipping and that has me starting to think is that what they will start charging for all their hot toys figures. Not good!

Back