Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectibl...

Nice! Those AOU hot toys do look sweet, but I couldn't sell th PC, you might be more tempted when we see Vision though, I'm sure him and Scarlet Witch are gonna be amazing.
God no..... I need it like Tony needs the suit, or Cap the shield, or Thor the hammer :rotfl
Vision is going to be amazing no doubt. I'm really looking forward to getting him. Scarlet Witch I just hope has a good headsculpt and same goes for Quicksilver..... but the Ultron MK1 and MK45 are where its at for me :rock

Yeah it does mount up quick :lol maybe I could sell the components and keep the case. I could pretend I still have it :rotfl

Yay! Finally got the okay from Sideshow to return my Star-Lord with the defective jacket. Time to get Tony Stark once that's refunded!

Thanks! I'm just excited cause another figure will soon be added to my collection! :yess: For some reason, I just love the Mechanic Tony Stark figure, plus the 20% coupon worked on it. I couldn't pass it up.

Thanks! I'm just excited cause another figure will soon be added to my collection! :yess: For some reason, I just love the Mechanic Tony Stark figure, plus the 20% coupon worked on it. I couldn't pass it up.

Wow.... that makes it crazy cheap.... serious voodoo
giphy.gif

so to go w/ the orb i made...
i've laid out a set of cuffs for those that didn't get the exclusive as well.

running the prints tonight to see what needs modified for the final release...

i've made them so that they can be scaled and will fit w/ the rest of the line (rocket, groot, gamora) so everyone can be cuffed once i get sizes...

more to come once ready!!

My Starlord arrived today and he is very nice, the tailoring is superb, love the two heads, sculpt I think looks better in hand, my only annoyance which is a pretty big one are those boots.

Hot Toys are quite capable of making two part boots that both look good and aid pose-ability (Thor(s), Loki(s), DOFP Wolverine and Stealth Cap to name but a few) and I see no reason why they couldn't have done something similar here and no the boot thrusters are not a good reason.

However I did know about the boots before buying so it's more a retro complaint and I still love the figure although I think there should be some sort of campaign to outlaw one part boots in all but the most exceptional cases.

ok so here's the final test piece for my EX cuffs...

i am going to try a couple other things, but this is pretty much what the final will be...
i added a little lighter blue paint effect that looks a little like the movie had...

Thanks!

Collectibles Direct sold out of these a while ago so they won't have any left to exchange. I contacted Sideshow as well, but I'm not sure they'll help.

Man, that's something you don't see everyday

If your place is an authorized dealer, than they could contact SS to get this sorted, regardless of if they're out of stock

Really liking this figure. I haven't opened a hot toys for a long time, been so engulfed in customs and so on. But this character was a must have for me. I am digging the masked sculpt a lot more than the head sculpt, which while I find it very good and it has a strong likeness to Pratt, it just doesn't seem "star lordy" i guess - something is soft about the final product. All in all though, great figure - excellent shelf presence, and a fun figure all around.

starlord2_zpsbewbcuzw.jpg
starlord1_zpskv05b0hp.jpg
starlord3_zpssplcezxq.jpg
starlord4_zps6xo15iqe.jpg
starlord5_zpsyhfuedc0.jpg

Really liking this figure. I haven't opened a hot toys for a long time, been so engulfed in customs and so on. But this character was a must have for me. I am digging the masked sculpt a lot more than the head sculpt, which while I find it very good and it has a strong likeness to Pratt, it just doesn't seem "star lordy" i guess - something is soft about the final product. All in all though, great figure - excellent shelf presence, and a fun figure all around.

View attachment 177328
View attachment 177332

Awesome photos, held off ordering this one up until recently...but after seeing all the wonderful photos on here, I am so glad I changed my mind. :)

Back