Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, that's ringing a bell. And if I'm not mistaken, your avvy was a pic of yourself, right?

Yes, it was. Dang, that is one impressive memory! :clap I remember very few people on here, but then again, I was mostly lurker status back then. Only occasional photos posted.

Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectibl...

My Starlord beard repaint. I wasn't happy with his dark mustache so I decided to match the beard since it was barely painted. (I did not touch up the mustache at all).

I really think the likeness has improved.

fde5d356869ce4574f18b717652c3aef.jpg

cbcde56cd3d918d15f8698f116959f68.jpg

c96ae29f9de9103ee738ab198f8d384a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My Starlord beard repaint. I wasn't happy with his dark mustache so I decided to match the beard since it was barely painted. (I did not touch up the mustache at all).

I really think the likeness has improved.

fde5d356869ce4574f18b717652c3aef.jpg

cbcde56cd3d918d15f8698f116959f68.jpg

c96ae29f9de9103ee738ab198f8d384a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Statiss :clap Looks killer

Yes, it was. Dang, that is one impressive memory! :clap I remember very few people on here, but then again, I was mostly lurker status back then. Only occasional photos posted.

But don't ask me what I ate for dinner :lol

See! Your pics make impressions!

I've actually come to appreciate the likeness of the Pratt sculpt. I think where it gets thrown off is in the eyes. To me this looks like Pratt, but not exactly like Pratt as Star Lord. It's funny, because it's usually the opposite case where the sculpt looks like the character and not the actor.

IMO the hair and the squinty eyes doesn't perfectly reflect how he looked in Guardians (hair was mostly flat and “combed” to the side, and mostly more wide-eyed), but if you Google image him, there are several paparazzi and Jurassic squinty-eyed images that this sculpt really resembles

The likeness would've been a lot easier to see if they didn't give him a scowl like 99% of their figures. Sick of the damn scowling.

I've actually come to appreciate the likeness of the Pratt sculpt. I think where it gets thrown off is in the eyes. To me this looks like Pratt, but not exactly like Pratt as Star Lord. It's funny, because it's usually the opposite case where the sculpt looks like the character and not the actor.

IMO the hair and the squinty eyes doesn't perfectly reflect how he looked in Guardians (hair was mostly flat and “combed” to the side, and mostly more wide-eyed), but if you Google image him, there are several paparazzi and Jurassic squinty-eyed images that this sculpt really resembles

There is definitely something slightly off with the sculpt. I can't tell what it is exactly, but for the most part, it's really quite good. I notice what throws it off the most is lighting and camera lens distortion. Light half of his face and it'll look great. Light all of his face with flat lighting, he'll look like a generic action figure. That's what my experience photographing him has been anyway.

Side lighting - looks like Pratt (I think)
JfuTgZal.jpg

Front, direct lighting on his face - Looks slightly generic (Warning: Unedited photo crap that would never see the light of day, except for this post :lol)
QiqGHy2l.png

Also, I agree with you on the hair. It's not right for his Guardians look.

Last edited:
Great pics everyone! :clap Really thinking about getting this figure but still gonna hold off for now.... I am sure the Groot, Rocket and Starlord group shots by everyone though will make me get it real quick :lol

On a sidenote...... this was literally the worse thread to scroll through. So many useless posts of just smileys.... Makes this site super frustrating navigating through on a tablet when not signed in. Went to show someone pics of this guy and for about six pages straight nothing but smileys and then the 10 posts per page of the same thing by the same people....

I agree, as usual lighting plays a big factor in the pics, and in general the eyes are probably the biggest culprit in what's off. Also, they beautified him a bit as HT sometimes does (took a little age off without deeper wrinkles and slight under eye bags).

Either way it's clearly an amazing piece with tons of personality and versatility. I'm completely sold on this and Gamora, but still kind of 70/30 on collecting this line. If Rocket was improved as we're assuming based on that latest pic, then that'll be the push I need

Quick question. Is the zipper on the left leg behind the holster supposed to be attached to the pants all the way or just at the top and bottom? It looks like the whole thing should be attached to the pants but like mine came loose. I contacted SS about it and they say it is normal and supposed to look like that. Just thought I would ask.

Does leaving his arm bent holding the orb for a long time would damage the jacket?

I've had one of those tiny straps on his upper right arm break from bending his elbow too much/too far. I could possibly see the jacket ripping from having it bent for long periods of time. But I don't really know for sure, it's been a while since I've had a HT figure.

:yess: :yess: Being charged for my Star Lord figure!! Should hopefully be here next week!!

Loving the awesome pictures, keep 'em coming!! :rock

Back