Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait list prior to the sell out. SSC didn't cancel them officially as I'm still on reservation submitted status and wait lists have been converting in recent weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After seeing the new pics, i per-ordered him. He looks SO cool, i got Gamora per-ordered too.

I'm holding off for now because if I get him I'm gonna have to get the team soo many figures soo shrinking space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I really do like this figure. I'll probably buy an exclusive off of someone once he's out. Don't want to go without an Orb. Guess my Black Widow will stand by herself until AoU cap.

Really surprised how much weight the Ex's seem to carry around here. I can understand it with the exclusives sideshow offers on their statues (switch out weapons, extra head sculpts) making the Ex more sought-after than a Reg, but things like an orb and handcuffs -- those seem, to me at least, like arbitrary, take-it-or-leave-it inclusions. I've never once pulled my DX Joker's EX items out of the box. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not upset that Hot Toys executes their exclusives like this as it means Ex's usually won't be missed if I miss them; I'm fine with it.

Is it more of a collectible status thing, or are you guys a little scorned if you miss having these specific items?

Really surprised how much weight the Ex's seem to carry around here. I can understand it with the exclusives sideshow offers on their statues (switch out weapons, extra head sculpts) making the Ex more sought-after than a Reg, but things like an orb and handcuffs -- those seem, to me at least, like arbitrary, take-it-or-leave-it inclusions. I've never once pulled my DX Joker's EX items out of the box. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not upset that Hot Toys executes their exclusives like this as it means Ex's usually won't be missed if I miss them; I'm fine with it.

Is it more of a collectible status thing, or are you guys a little scorned if you miss having these specific items?

well no one gives a **** about the handcuffs :lol The Orb was basically the plot of the entire movie. People want to collect all the Infinity Stones, HT has released every one so far. A lot of other exclusives I don't care about like the Spider-man Plutonium, Star Wars gun rack, or those Iron Man gummies. Things that weren't really important to the story

well no one gives a **** about the handcuffs :lol The Orb was basically the plot of the entire movie. People want to collect all the Infinity Stones, HT has released every one so far. A lot of other exclusives I don't care about like the Spider-man Plutonium, Star Wars gun rack, or those Iron Man gummies. Things that weren't really important to the story

Yeah I think thats it... for me anyway its basically that.... I need that Orb to go with my Tesseract and Aether. I wish they had removable gems but since that only came into play in GOTG I'm okay with it, besides I think we'll get the gems with the future Infinity War Thanos..... or at least incased in the Gauntlet :D

Ahh good point on the Infinity gems! You're right, if you're collecting all the gems, that consistency would be important.

Yeah I think thats it... for me anyway its basically that.... I need that Orb to go with my Tesseract and Aether. I wish they had removable gems but since that only came into play in GOTG I'm okay with it, besides I think we'll get the gems with the future Infinity War Thanos..... or at least incased in the Gauntlet :D

I could use a Hot Toys Thanos right now

I'm really disappointed we have seen a Yondu, Ronan, or Nebula from Hot Toys. At least Ronan. He would seem like a no brainer!

Yondu would make a great figure, with his arrow, Ronan too with that huge hammer, wasn't a fan of nebula though, she'd be a pass for me, other two definite buys.

Back