Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any particular reason LA over NYC? I would imagine it depends on the types of projects you want to pursue, right?

Yeah, it does. The biggest reason I'm choosing LA is because I have a cousin there that works in the industry. (And it's much warmer :yess:)

I love NYC though. Had a blast when I went there in April.

This figure.

Yeah, it does. The biggest reason I'm choosing LA is because I have a cousin there that works in the industry. (And it's much warmer :yess:)

I love NYC though. Had a blast when I went there in April.

Very, very cool. Hard to top LA as far as weather. Not to mention location...a few hours away, depending on the direction, you could be in the mountains, on the beach, in the desert, etc. And I bet nothing beats an LA sunset. Would love to live there someday.

My personal interpretation is that the ravagers started out as army deserters and the long coats were once their uniform (when closed they remind me a lot of trench coats you see soldiers wearing in WWI/WWII). I assumed the uniforms just came in a lot of sizes and both genders and they had a stash somewhere in their ship or handed down uniforms from dead ravagers.

I just watched the movie again and yep, they actually make it very clear that the Guardians are wearing ravager gear at the end. They even have the same little fire emblems on the shoulder that Yondu wears.

I can understand why HT would have made the long coat first. Prior to the film's release Star-Lord wore it in all the concept art and even on the theatrical one-sheet. Anyone who wants to display the team in front of the poster will have Star-Lord wearing a matching coat.

I kind of hope they do a couple more SL's though. He looks cool in the leather jacket we wears during the middle portion of the film plus the full ravager suit with backpack at the end. Hell I'd probably even buy a BD "Dance Off" SL.

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Star-Lord-Ohh-Child.jpg

Last edited:
Very, very cool. Hard to top LA as far as weather. Not to mention location...a few hours away, depending on the direction, you could be in the mountains, on the beach, in the desert, etc. And I bet nothing beats an LA sunset. Would love to live there someday.
oh yeah, I bet it's incredible! Can you imagine being within driving distance to SDCC? :panic:

Here's a toast to our futures, and that we both make it to LA. :D

Back