Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:)
i think EndoSickness knows it.
and sun's surface looks exactly like hell pictures :)

Yup, heard this all over and on certain figures this occurs, but not on all.

And like I said: My ED never got one bit of sunshine. It was impossible to get it.
Nevertheless he cracked...

I think when it comes to the dome cracking, the humidity and temperature where you keep it stored really dictates how long it's going to take crack. But I agree... I'm sure that no matter where you keep it, eventually it will crack unless you take some sort of precautionary measures with lubricants or sealants.

most depressive thread ever. people discuss how much their eds aged and how to postpone visual effects of it.

18023-600x400.jpg

Mine did. Almost immediately upon receiving it after a day one pre-order. :monkey2

I think it's just a question of luck. Sometimes you get one from a good batch of rubber, sometimes you get one from a bad batch. It's the only HT figure I've ever had rubber detrioration problems with. Dutch, Hellboy, two Sarah Connors ... all fine after years and years with no treatment of any kind. (All displayed in a windowless room.)

But Ed? Poor, poor Ed ....

Gotta try the Mod Podge trick to see if it will improve at all.

I've had mine since day one...and have yet to see any sign of cracking. I did, however, use the Mod Podge Matte 2 months into having the figure.

I've never re-coated my ED-209. Should I? Or will the one coat last?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try to take the positive side, guys.
We know ways to preserve him and are a cool enough community to help new guys and those who don´t know about it before it actually happens.
I like that thought.

damn, my dome officially has began deteriorating

it's weird though cause I had it displayed on a shelf in the corner for a couple years with no signs of cracking whatsoever

then just a few weeks ago I moved the shelf to a different spot where sunlight hits it during the day

I can say now with reasonable certainty that it's sunlight causing the issue

I find it unbelievable that anyone would put any figure where sunlight can hit it.

That is why I put curtains behind the blinds on my windows. Once the sun light passes, I can open the curtains.

Had 2 EDs. First cracked severely, got an exhange and after waiting to see what happens I applied rubber care when the first tiny crack showed up.

2 EDs, both times cracks, fail rate 100%.

Had 2 EDs. First cracked severely, got an exhange and after waiting to see what happens I applied rubber care when the first tiny crack showed up.

2 EDs, both times cracks, fail rate 100%.

its so bizarre how some folks have the problem and others have 0 issues! makes no sense as i've heard the identical conditions (rooms, light, temp) and some do crack and some don't!

Back