Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

I don't think its the dye but the pants. What was your alternate plan?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

using fabric paint instead of a dye

I detached the lower forearms of mine and have them "floating" inside the jacket.. using aldo the apache's grip hands, i have him in the boss/suspender pose

FDC6433A-3D3E-4FDF-A1A4-C89B516B172A-3447-00000130401EB65D_zps330add0f.jpg

Here's my attempt at dying my DiD pants. All I need now is a pair if Mr. EcHo's knee panda. Oh and I also need to dye his jacket. Soon.

null-11.jpg
p

using fabric paint instead of a dye

Never used it. How do you use it?

Here's my attempt at dying my DiD pants. All I need now is a pair if Mr. EcHo's knee panda. Oh and I also need to dye his jacket. Soon.

null-11.jpg
p

Did you use RIT dye? How long did you keep it in for?

Fabric paint you use it like paint on fabric, use a little brush and just paint the pants, they also sell it in spray at joans or michaels. I'll get some this week and will post the results next week, I hope it works.

Last edited:

Did you use RIT dye? How long did you keep it in for?

Yes it is Rit Dye. I left it in for like 30 min but kept stirring it so the plastic clips on the pockets wouldn't melt. I also put them down twice.

Fabric paint you use it like paint on fabric, use a little brush and just paint the pants, they also sell it in spray at joans or michaels. I'll get some this week and will post the results next week, I hope it works.

Ill look into it. Keep me posted.

Yes it is Rit Dye. I left it in for like 30 min but kept stirring it so the plastic clips on the pockets wouldn't melt. I also put them down twice.

Hm, I stirred mine too and kept I in for a day and the camo is still prominent. :lol Wtf.

Did you use salt in the mix? I used about 3 tea spoons.

Dye it 10 mins - let air dry
Dye it again 10 mins - let air dry
repeat if nesessary

Are you using very very hot water?

I have 2 commission pairs being delivered today I will take pictures after my first dye

One day.

I'm going to let them dry and put them back in.

I think you have the wrong dye, your supposed to use a poly dye, that's a dye for synthetic fabric. What you put on the DID pants is probably a dye for natural fabric (cotton or cotton blend). Anyway the fabric paint that I was telling you about is arriving on Tuesday of next week is supposed to be easier than dying and permanent also, will see.

Are you using very very hot water?

I have 2 commission pairs being delivered today I will take pictures after my first dye

Very hot water,yup. Bats and Jokes left his in for 3 days and they eventually did become gray but you can still see the camp underneath a bit but they're much better liking then mine. Ill try again and see what happens.

Here's my Bane - The Boss Version 2.0 - Bane vest ,New Boots ,futzd better

banebossversion20003.jpg

banebossversion20005.jpg

banebossversion20004.jpg

banebossversion20006.jpg

banebossversion20008.jpg

banebossversion20009hh.jpg

banebossversion20007.jpg

2.0 looks really good, Mike. I think you did exceptionally well with the jacket.

Back