Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

God those pics are ugly as hell.
How can they get the pants so wrong.
Shape is wrong and it's missing tons of details.

I think they will fix it....
I hope it comes out earlier than expected as HT is on a roll now ...

Need Talia....maybe TF exclusive next year?

If it meant that this figure would be improved, I don't mind one bit waiting till March! I wouldn't mind waiting an extra month or two if it meant we would get a better body and more accurate clothes. :lecture

Talia would be cool, but I would assume we would get a Blake as a TF exclusive quicker than we'd see Talia. :dunno

If it meant that this figure would be improved, I don't mind one bit waiting till March! I wouldn't mind waiting an extra month or two if it meant we would get a better body and more accurate clothes. :lecture

Talia would be cool, but I would assume we would get a Blake as a TF exclusive quicker than we'd see Talia. :dunno

True- Blake might be a regular MMS release.......we need Talia!

True- Blake might be a regular MMS release.......we need Talia!

Talia would be a great addition to any collection, as would Blake, I can only hope we see one of the two released, if not both.

Yep- you gotta have a figure of the "woman who stabbed Batman between the armor plates" to compliment "the guy who decimated Batman" in your collection.

No DX Bane coming so we'll have to make due. I think the arms do need to be more muscular but pretty happy with overall look- despite some details definately needing fixing.

Yeah, I'd rather this Bane than no Bane! Im sure some of the many great customisers on this board can come up with more than suitable replacements! :lecture

I think they will fix it....
I hope it comes out earlier than expected as HT is on a roll now ...

Need Talia....maybe TF exclusive next year?

We might not get a Talia considering we haven't even gotten a Ra's figure yet.

Yeah, I'd rather this Bane than no Bane! Im sure some of the many great customisers on this board can come up with more than suitable replacements! :lecture

I'd rather have this Bane, thank you very much. :lecture

Put the last finishing touches to the Bane coat and swithc back with my original leather boots.

I think he's done, to the stock exchange version now!

P1050006_zps553a22ee.jpg

P1050010_zps94be1a49.jpg

P1050008_zps6d5bd7c0.jpg

Yeah, I've got no argument with you there mate! I would too. He really is a work of art.

It's just kind of disappointing to think about where the HT is when there's already stuff like this out there. Here's hoping that, some day, HT does for Bane what they did for The Joker. :pray:

Personally, I think they should branch out with PERS. If the DX line is reserved for icons, and Bane and Two-Face aren't "iconic" enough, why not just give the MMS figures the features. For God's sake, it'd be much better suited to them than the Hulk.

Yes, I was shocked to learn it wasn't included. When you look back at TDKR, and you watch Tom Hardy's eye's as he plays Bane, you can see, his eye's are the key to his performance. Most of the man's face was covered by a mask and his eye's told the story. PERS would have been such an accurate, and brilliant feature for this figure. HT really dropped the ball with that, I think.

Frankly, Bane and Two-Face are the two characters that warrant PERS the most, IMO. Bane, because it's an essential part of the way he conveys emotion, and Two-Face because, well, that massive eyeball moving around in the scarred side of his head would be ****ing awesome.

:lol I had never even imagined that. It's a real shame there is nobody that could customise PERS into a figure, becauae a Two-Face with PERS would look awesome, now that you mention it. But one could hope it would have the slighest bit of cross-eye otherwise it would look messed up. :lol

It's just kind of disappointing to think about where the HT is when there's already stuff like this out there. Here's hoping that, some day, HT does for Bane what they did for The Joker. :pray:

They will as long as we all keep shelling out the $$$.

Putting PERS on Bane wouldn't help at all.

Tom Hardy's performance was in his "eyes" - but not merely in the direction his pupils were facing at any given moment. It was his brow, his eyelids, his entire face surrounding his eyes. Squinting, glaring, and so on.

PERS isn't going to change the "expression" on the sculpt itself. Anyone who thinks making moveable eyes is going to make all the difference doesn't really understand how the actors did their jobs.

Putting PERS on Bane wouldn't help at all.

Tom Hardy's performance was in his "eyes" - but not merely in the direction his pupils were facing at any given moment. It was his brow, his eyelids, his entire face surrounding his eyes. Squinting, glaring, and so on.

PERS isn't going to change the "expression" on the sculpt itself. Anyone who thinks making moveable eyes is going to make all the difference doesn't really understand how the actors did their jobs.
:goodpost: Gonna have to say I pretty much agree with this.

A DX Bane is unnecessary, a second figure with the Stock Exchange/Jacket combo makes more sense.

Last edited:

PERS wouldn't hurt, I think. When I look back at some of Bane's scene's I look at some of the poses he makes, particularly when he makes the speech, and how I would display this figure when I get him, and although PERS only move up, down, left & right, I just think it would make even the slightest difference when posing him. This figure is lacking in body, and some parts of the clothing, so HT really needed to give us everything they could in the Sculpt, and PERS would have helped.

But yeah, a DX might be unnecessary, but giving us 1 Bane, especially of this quality is not good enough. A 2nd, more improved Bane (Bank heist like you suggested) would be a good idea.

Back