Hot Toys – MMS151 - Spider-Man 3: 1/6th scale New Goblin Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful work, but hapless character.

I'll still buy it and customize Franco into his 127 days character :rotfl
127 hrs. was great, it always surprises me how people's perception differs, personally I don't think the HS looks all that great. I only see the likeness in a couple of angles. The rest of the figure looks great though.

I wonder if there is an actual face under the mask, similar to what they did with Falconer. That would be cool if it was just glued on and you could remove it.

I wonder if there is an actual face under the mask, similar to what they did with Falconer. That would be cool if it was just glued on and you could remove it.

That would be cool. Especially if it's the burned face underneath with the blind eye. It would cut down on recasting the head and making a custom head.

Really looking forward to this figure and it's continued line.

Does anyone think the reason they are releasing this line in order of appearance in spider-man 3? If that's true, they would of course release spidey first then new goblin, then Sand Man, Symbiote spidey, and finally venom. It would make sense from a marketing perspective to release the least popular characters from the least popular film in the series and work backwards to build anticipation for the Green Goblin.

Or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about.

In the ON.CC article it says black suit Spidey is the next planned figure.

I think they picked Goblin simply because he was easy for them to produce. This is HT's bread and butter, a head sculpt, true type body, fabric costume and a few accessories. They know how to put this together, they can crank out a prototype in the few months. However Spiderman has a very difficult costume to design in 1/6 and the fans are very critical. From the first prototype to Tokyo anniversary expo they said the made several improvements and still had to remove it from Toy hunters display for further adjustments. Venom and Sandman would be equally time consuming to develop

No chance, this is the Abigail Whistler of the Spider Man line. I'm willing to bet half the people buying this figure will be bashing it into a different character and parting it out for customs.

We have already received more pre-orders for this than Abigail ever did so yes, I think it will be a decent hit. And no, most people here don't even know what 127 hours is.

It's hard to predict what will sell well and what will not. I thought T1000 (iconic character, loads of accessories, enough to make two figure) will sell well but it didn't. I thought Black Widow (bare bones, weird breast issues, limited posing option) will sell badly but it didn't.

Those on the fence might want to jump on this quick. Ultimately HT makes these figures based on the amount you guys PO. If not a lot of people PO, then they will be less made.

I dare say Superman will probably end up like t1000 because every other person seem to be ordering at least three.

In the ON.CC article it says black suit Spidey is the next planned figure.

I think they picked Goblin simply because he was easy for them to produce. This is HT's bread and butter, a head sculpt, true type body, fabric costume and a few accessories. They know how to put this together, they can crank out a prototype in the few months.

This is what makes me think that X-men will get an Erik, Charles and possibly Emma by Q4.

I can't wait to see all the pics up here of these two figures battling it out. Getting really exited about this figure.

We have already received more pre-orders for this than Abigail ever did so yes, I think it will be a decent hit. And no, most people here don't even know what 127 hours is.

It's hard to predict what will sell well and what will not. I thought T1000 (iconic character, loads of accessories, enough to make two figure) will sell well but it didn't. I thought Black Widow (bare bones, weird breast issues, limited posing option) will sell badly but it didn't.

Those on the fence might want to jump on this quick. Ultimately HT makes these figures based on the amount you guys PO. If not a lot of people PO, then they will be less made.

I dare say Superman will probably end up like t1000 because every other person seem to be ordering at least three.

What store are you with Noisetrigger??

No love for this figure it seems it got buried under all the other topics.
I can understand its not really a memorable villain in the comics nor the movies but, it's still a very slick looking figure.
And I'm thinking of ordering it.
1179154218_1024x768_james-franco-new-goblin-harry-osborn-in-spider-man-3.jpg

HT_SpiderMan3_NewGoblin_PR10-550x.jpg

Yes i rather would have a Green Goblin but they don't have the license so this is as much goblin were going to get, IF they don't get the license for the other 2 spider-man films.

https://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/spider-man-3-green-goblin/47006

Here the full fight against in spider-man 3.

No love for this figure it seems it got buried under all the other topics.
I can understand its not really a memorable villain in the comics nor the movies but, it's still a very slick looking figure.
And I'm thinking of ordering it.
1179154218_1024x768_james-franco-new-goblin-harry-osborn-in-spider-man-3.jpg

HT_SpiderMan3_NewGoblin_PR10-550x.jpg

Yes i rather would have a Green Goblin but they don't have the license so this is as much goblin were going to get, IF they don't get the license for the other 2 spider-man films.

https://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/spider-man-3-green-goblin/47006

Here the full fight against in spider-man 3.

HT does have the license for the other films don't they?

No, they only have the license for Spider Man 3.

They have a relationship with Marvel to do figure lines based on movies, but exactly which ones are determined on a per license basis (i.e. just because they have Spider Man 3 doesn't mean they get to do the whole trilogy).

Back