Hot Toys – MMS151 - Spider-Man 3: 1/6th scale New Goblin Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad that I don't ever need to buy companion pieces with my figures. This guy looks amazing, I love the detail of the costume!

However as stated this movie does nothing but enrage me and the character was total ass.

Easy pass!

0606-00487-001b9.jpg

Jeez, horrible lighting in these pics. Makes that fantastic sculpt look Hasbro-esque.

He also looks like Mark-Paul Harry Gosselaar here.

Remember, HT has a Marvel film license. So they can make figures from ANY Marvel movie. They didn't have to even announce their X-men first class license (or Spider-man 3 specifically) because they already had them.

:exactly: Can't argue with logic.

I suspect HT will focus on Spidey 3 for now and then move on to the others in time. Once the Spidey figure reaches crazy prices, they'll release a Spidey 1 or 2 version and everyone will rejoice.

Exactamundo, again. My speculation as to why HT decided to focus on the 3rd Spidey film first is that it was simply the largest grossing of the franchise (as was Blade 2, remember). While I think a Doc Ock would be a no-brainer from a 1/6th scale articulated figure angle, HT may simply decide that the largest box office take is relative to the largest potential audience for a figure. This of course applies to previous films or franchises, as the new Thor figure shows they will invest in development if they assume a built-in audience already exists. (Assuming that about Miller's The Spirit probably cost them, though.)

X-Men: First Class just had a number one take in its first weekend of release (though the smallest gross of any X-film). The reviews are mainly positive, thus they are moving ahead with figs.

Gully - any new Marvel tidbits? Still waiting for the definitive Wolverine!

We probably won't see another HT Logan until Wolverine 2 (which is a sequel without a director at the moment, right?)

But First Class figs are in the pipeline, I've been told.
Magneto & Xavier. :rock

and then McCoy Beast & Frost. :pigfly:

Are you ready? :wink1:

:snake

Last edited:
Cool!!! Any hope for Sebastian Shaw?

Two things:

1. Magneto is a huge, iconic villian (on par with Dr. Doom) in the Marvel Universe. Sebastian Shaw--not so much.

2. Look at the Thor MMS line: just two figs initially (both main protagonists). If sales are strong, then perhaps more will follow. (If not, then no Rorschach! :wink1:)

But hey, it's all back to Bacon, right?
Can you imagine the 10,000 kitbash possibilites with a Bacon sculpt?
(Footloose or Tremors, anyone?) :lol

I honestly don't know, Johnny, but I know you want one so bad it's like acid in your mouth. :wink1:

:hi5:

Last edited:
Spidey 3 may have been the hightest grossing, but was also the most hated of the 3, so by that logic, people would want merchandise from the ones they liked most to the ones they liked lease.

i think it should've gone:

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 1
Spider-Man 3

In that order of Ht figures, and if they have all Marvel licensing then thats how they should've done it IMO.

That is 95% DiFranco, great! If they could only get that much of a percentage likeness for their Superman sculpt... :slap

yeah. that Chris DiReeve sculpt is only 94%. This Hot toys company should learn from Medicom.

But seriously, this New Goblin fig is awesome! too bad i don't like the character and the movie that much.

I hope we get a doc oc. i'll get that.

Seriously, does anyone know if a stand like this can be purchased somewhere?

They don't sell them, but I too think it would be a good idea since so many figures come with alternate heads and not everyone buys a full second figure to display them.

I am going to laugh though when this goes for $300+ and everyone wants one then because so few were pre-ordered so few will be made :lol

I am getting the figure, but what was Raimi smoking when he approved of the costume design. Doc Ock rocked, Green Goblin was ok but had a unique look, Sandman is basically Sandman, Venom was ok, and this guy is dressed in some slacks, vest, ski mask, and ski boots?:cuckoo:

They don't sell them, but I too think it would be a good idea since so many figures come with alternate heads and not everyone buys a full second figure to display them.

Hmm, might be worth finding someone to make some. I wonder if enough people would be interested in them to have a commission thread...

Not a bad looking figure but I'm on the fence about this one. I might wait and get the ones from the new reboot when they come out in some years. Is this line strictly Spider-man 3 ? If so there won't be a GB or Doc right ? The villains in this installment of the movies don't do much for me.

Gully - thanks for the update. Shaw would be cool, but they will probably pull the 'guy in a suit' routine.

Have you any idea which look Magneto will have? I bet his figure will disappear like a virgin on prom night :)

Also - everyone needs to look up Bacon'd and The Kevin Bacon Movie Club in YouTube.

I am going to laugh though when this goes for $300+ and everyone wants one then because so few were pre-ordered so few will be made :lol

I guess I'll laugh, too. Picking him up and liking it!!!!!:clap

DAAAAMMMNNN, The likeness is perfect. I don't like the character at all, I think it looked lame in the movie, but since it has a great likeness I might get it, but that means that I have to buy spiderman...decisions decisions...

Back