Hot Toys–MMSV05- Rango: Rango Vinyl Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Hot Toys – MMSV05 - Rango: Rango Vinyl Collectible Figure

~ MMS Vinyl Series ~

Rango: Rango Vinyl Collectible Figure

To celebrate the launch of the upcoming computer-animated comedy Rango movie which is directed by renowned film director & writer Gore Verbinski and produced by award-winning film producer Graham King featuring the voice of actor Johnny Depp as Rango in the movie, Hot Toys is proud to present the Vinyl Collectible Figure of the leading character Rango from the movie.

The Rango Vinyl Collectible Figure specially features:

- Rango, a chameleon who lives in a terrarium, in detailed sculpture which stands approximately 8 inches / 20 cm tall

- Finely sculpted costume in sheriff look

- Cartridge belt and pistol with sheath on waist

- Detachable cowboy hat as accessory

Release date: Q2, 2011

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different

© 2011 Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved.

About the Rango movie:

Rango is the story of a lonely chameleon who can play any role, yet doesn't know who he is. His journey takes him from the solitude of a terrarium to the vastness of the Mojave Desert where he adopts the persona of vigilante lawman Rango, convincing the occupants of the town of DIRT that he is the solution to their looming hydration problem. For a lizard / thespian who always wanted to play the hero, Rango has found an audience that actually needs one, but as he painfully realizes, there is a difference between pretending and being. Rango is forced to confront his identity issues as the townsfolk, including love interest Ms. Beans, begin to actually believe in him and the role he has concocted thrusts him into an uncertain reality. Rango must learn the meaning of friendship, complete his quest, and uncover the conspiracy behind the town's missing water. It is the role of a lifetime with death looming at each encounter as Rango attempts to overcome the Mayor's chokehold on the populace and confront the hired gunslinger, Rattlesnake Jake, before fulfilling his journey by becoming the legend he was destined to be.

Trailer & Official Movie Site: https://www.rangomovie.com/

HotToys_RangoVinylCollectibleFigure_PR6.jpg

HotToys_RangoVinylCollectibleFigure_PR5.jpg

HotToys_RangoVinylCollectibleFigure_PR4.jpg

HotToys_RangoVinylCollectibleFigure_PR3.jpg

HotToys_RangoVinylCollectibleFigure_PR2.jpg

HotToys_RangoVinylCollectibleFigure_PR1.jpg

sooo this is like a statue right? not able to move or anything else?
they captured the likeness pretty well, it looks like a screen-cap, but don't know what to think about it. There are so many legendary line-ups i would love to see, and then we're getting Rango ^^

HT nailed this one very good but I'm not a fan of the film. Even if I watch this movie & enjoy it..the figures from this line are still not worth for me IMHO!

PASS! :wink1:

Just got back from watching the film tonight. Rango is a great little chap. The figure seems too expensive tho. I'll keep an eye on him.
Again, great film:)

So, lets get this right, no new picks of Indy - but we get this a figure that absolutely no one on earth is asking for !. Oh, don't tell me ...... It's part of Hot Toys "Jonny Depp" portfolio, good god what are things coming to !
this isn't new news so to speak. These were announced before HT decided to expand their JD portfolio. I agree that there should be an update on Indy, but these were shown at the December show just as Indy was first shown so these Rango pieces aren't holding up Indy

As I understood it has been released, so anybody got it yet?

i got mine earlier this week. priscilla is awesome, but rango just won't stand up. it's just plain dumb. the sculpt has him standing at a pretty precarious angle as it is, with the tail already threatening to push him over. then as soon as you put his hat on him, he just topples over.

will try and snap a few pics soon, but they both look just like in the official pics. plus don't think many folks are interested in ol' rango. best film i've seen this year though probably.

i got mine earlier this week. priscilla is awesome, but rango just won't stand up. it's just plain dumb. the sculpt has him standing at a pretty precarious angle as it is, with the tail already threatening to push him over. then as soon as you put his hat on him, he just topples over.

will try and snap a few pics soon, but they both look just like in the official pics. plus don't think many folks are interested in ol' rango. best film i've seen this year though probably.

:lecture
With so many crappy films coming out of Hollywood lately, this one is plain awesome! I love it!
Gotta get me this Rango, since it's vinyl maybe a little heat can fix the standing problem? :dunno

ah good call, dude. will try the hair dryer on the tail tomorrow.

really was an awesome movie. i wasn't expecting anything from it, and it was hilarious. maybe i was on a holiday high though, coz i saw sucker punch the day before and quite liked that too. now everyone is trying to convince me that it's actually rubbish :lol

Thats really crappy! I was definately looking forward to getting this but wondering if I should now :(

Thats really crappy! I was definately looking forward to getting this but wondering if I should now :(

well it might just be my one that's off. i'll try the hair dryer trick to see if it fixes it and post pics soon. like kuzeh said, since it's a soft vinyl it should be easily fixable.

Yes I guess it could be, sux for you if that is the case!

Fingers crossed the hair dryer treatment works then

Look forward to pics

BTW what is the paint job like? I remember seeing proto pics of the UP vinyl figures and they looked amazing but once in hand they were shocking, the paint jobs on them were shocking!

The paint jOb is actually pretty nice this time. haven't really had a chance to scrutinize it properly but will do tomorrow as I take pics.

Back