Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those of you balking at the price, just imagine what it will be in a year or two. DX 1 or 2 anyone? $250 will look like a steal when they go for $400+

Those of you balking at the price, just imagine what it will be in a year or two. DX 1 or 2 anyone? $250 will look like a steal when they go for $400+

I agree, people will eat these up like no tomorrow. Then next year the newcomers to HT will want to pick these up after they've been sold out for a few months & that's when those prices will skyrocket.

These new figures will bring new collectors in and the prices will keep rising... to bad, some of us are being priced out in the near future.
wonder what the Batmobile will cost?
There are a lot of new comers to the Hot Toys universe.

FleshPaintJoker.jpg

^ they will eventually reach a limit that will drive even their most loyal customers away :lecture

It's entirely possible, but look at the prices people shell out for older figures. It's two to three times what these guys are retailing for. I think in the end it's the aftermarket that'll be the best judge of how much people are willing to spend

Gonna have to pass on this one due to the price. Just cant justify spending that much on a 12 inch figure for this character.

Figure is amazing though. Congrats to those who purchased. :rock

^ they will eventually reach a limit that will drive even their most loyal customers away :lecture

I agree 100%. HT should be careful with pricing themselves out of the market. If it were any other figure, I wouldn't be gouged like this. I think HT knows that they can charge this because of the popularity of the characters.

I havent been so happy to spend 1200+ in less than five minutes.

I havent spent more then 100 bucks on my Boba and Chewie focus within two years. Heck this year, Ive spent 2 bucks at the dollar store for a Boba puzzle and coloring book.

The news of this line made me bounce back, and I will not give second thoughts of what I just spent today. I am so thrilled to know these are coming.

Just need to PO that Batmobile or two :panic:

Anyone else notice today is Tim Burton's birthday? That can't just be a coisidence. Cool B-day present for Burton! A big paycheck! :lol

Rambo III, one of my favorite HT figures, the one that got the detailed HT figures rolling IMHO, was only $80.

Sweeney Todd is a perfect example. He looks awesome, but at $190, I can't justify spending that much for a figure that would be cool to have but that I won't miss if I don't order it. If it were 150-160, I'd buy in an instant.

I don't want to prolong the direction of this discussion - but "overpriced" is a relative term. As many above mentioned, the economics of collectibles production has changed radically in the past few years. HT has chosen to continue innovating and putting out HIGH-END collectibles, rather than compromising and releasing something that isn't as good as it could be. We have Hasbro and Mattel for that. Does anyone think that there is a difference between the $80 Mattel Reeve and the HT one?

Yes, it's getting expensive - I was talking with some Sideshow peeps at SDCC about how the statue is the entry level price point for collectibles - look at pricing on the SSC LotR statues vs HT figures.

But it is a hobby that relies on discretionary income - like your beer and cigarettes you have to be an adult and cut yourself off if you don't feel like the value is there anymore.

Back