HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS - 1/6 HH18064 Barbarian Action Figure (Conan)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, it looks better in person than it does in pics. Especially in some angles. it hits. Its the best 3rd party Arnold sculpt out there.
I like my Kaustic plastic set too. I do like guantlets on the new set but overall until someone does a camoflaged Conan I have a figure I am happy with.

That sculpt gives me a Buliwyf from The 13th Warrior vibe, which I honestly don’t mind
IMG_5255.jpeg

Kinda sad I lost my preorder for this with Kit wasn't able to pay for it. Not to mention he's going for $350 up on ebay. But I guess it's alright it was this or Inart Gandalf and I choose one in the end.

That sculpt gives me a Buliwyf from The 13th Warrior vibe, which I honestly don’t mind View attachment 683944
THAT would be a great figure. I have Face Familiarity Fatigue (FFF). I’m just tired of seeing celebrities - at least as portraits in general figures. Arnie, Tom Cruise, and Tom Hanks are symptoms of FFF, altho Arnie makes sense for s Conan figure. I still want my Frazetta version. And I’d just love some unrecognizable faces. Sorry, I digressed.

Just noticed they got the buckle design wrong it looks like a cobra when it should be a dragon with wings flaring out.

Just noticed they got the buckle design wrong it looks like a cobra when it should be a dragon with wings flaring out.
To be fair, I think they took artistic liberty with this and didnt really tie it to a certain movie. The sword isnt accurate either, and to me, thats the most offensive part of the set. But I can let it go since I do think this is a great figure.

Kaustic Plastic is still the greatest sculpt hands down. The only downsides are that the Head is a bit too large and dark for most 1/6 bodies, and the stubble paint is too high and ends up running onto the nose.
Screenshot_20240403_080321_Video Player.jpg

Here's the kit on a Worldbox AT027 body. The sculpt looks 10 times better in natural lighting. With flash on, it just looks dirty haha

I have neither figure so can’t comment on how they look in the flesh (or in the plastic in this case) but from the pics I’ve seen I much prefer the Haoyutoys.

But there’s certainly room for improvement…

Back