HHMODEL & HAOYUTOYS - 1/6 HH18064 Barbarian Action Figure (Conan)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paid my invoice from Kit. I forgot how much it was, I almost hesitated. But this will be my first from this company who is known for having really good quality soft goods.
Paid my own off also. It's really worth it as it cones with Phicene body and real leather pieces and metal.

I’m not familiar with Haoyu Toys. Do they usually sell out quickly and raise in price in the aftermarket?

I’m on the fence with this figure but I love Conan and would like a figure of him for my collection. This seems to be the best one currently out there.

I’m not familiar with Haoyu Toys. Do they usually sell out quickly and raise in price in the aftermarket?

I’m on the fence with this figure but I love Conan and would like a figure of him for my collection. This seems to be the best one currently out there.
Like everything else the first version of something goes up in value and price. I expect the same with this. They did some FANTASTIC Gladiator figures....

1704437585661.png

The headsculpt is completly off imo. They not managed to capture the youth of Arnie and the hair are wrong. Still getting it though.

Like everything else the first version of something goes up in value and price. I expect the same with this. They did some FANTASTIC Gladiator figures....
I have the Gladiator Maximum figure and while the head sculpt is average (easily rectified by putting on the helmet), the rest of the figure is very good with lots of metal parts such as the sword and armour etc. The underlying body could be better, but for me it isn't noticeable with the armour and weapons on, but I could easily change the body if I wanted.
1704613935760.png

Sculpt is good enough for me and I find it close to this:

1704634356602.png

Considering what the fig comes with, its a great piece! Put in the fact that I seriously doubt any other company will make him in the future (given how old the movie is and those who know it), this will be the best one out there excluding any custom ones.

Ironically I never understood why Conan The Destroyer look is the definitive version we always get and still gets labeled as Conan The Barbarian when it's clear it's not that version we are getting. Hopefully one day a company actually makes a version of Conan the Barbarian like Battle of the mounds, war paint, or even final scene when he beheads thulsa Doom.

Ironically I never understood why Conan The Destroyer look is the definitive version we always get and still gets labeled as Conan The Barbarian when it's clear it's not that version we are getting. Hopefully one day a company actually makes a version of Conan the Barbarian like Battle of the mounds, war paint, or even final scene when he beheads thulsa Doom.
This will not be the last ever conan, but might be the best due to body and leather usage imo.

Finally someone who shares that tought.

I wonder what people who find this culpt amazing are thinking about the Conan the Barbarian we were supposed to get but was cancelled.

Chronicle-Conan-Figure-001-scaled.jpg

Finally someone who shares that tought.

I wonder what people who find this culpt amazing are thinking about the Conan the Barbarian we were supposed to get but was cancelled.

View attachment 682566
Wish we got it, it's a shame chronicle went under and the figures all went to waste. I really wanted Conan I remember preordering him and was excited but then nothing they cancelled my order at BBTS. It's even worse for others who put full payment with them directly.

Wish we got it, it's a shame chronicle went under and the figures all went to waste. I really wanted Conan I remember preordering him and was excited but then nothing they cancelled my order at BBTS. It's even worse for others who put full payment with them directly.
I will never forget that night. I was playing a game after a ****** day at work, and then my phone was going off and it was parti.ly saying my order was canceled. tried contacting Chronicle with no success. Dealing with Parti.ly was awful and wouldnt give me my money back cause they said wait for Chronicle. Took matters in my own hand and just called my CC and got my charges back .

i still want a Frazetta line of figures with his ‘look’ of warriors. I like Arnie, but I’d love to see some non-celebrity faces that have hard faces. I know we get a little here and there but I would bet a third party company could do some damage to our collective wallets with some Frazetta faces -

i still want a Frazetta line of figures with his ‘look’ of warriors. I like Arnie, but I’d love to see some non-celebrity faces that have hard faces. I know we get a little here and there but I would bet a third party company could do some damage to our collective wallets with some Frazetta faces -
I'll buy that in an instant

Back