Heavy Rain or Aliens vs Predator?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which game

• Heavy Rain

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • AvP

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • none

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Sniper33

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well some new games came out today and I was wondering what was the best one to get? From what I have seen there is no special sales on either of these two games, unless someone knows of a sale in the upcoming week.

I played both demos and thought they were pretty good, AvP was a little less, but I read it was an old version of the finished game. So can't be to harsh on that one. HR reminds me alot of Indigo P----, which is pretty nice as its kind of a laid back kind of game. AvP seems fun cause its a shooter and you can as either of the 3 groups. When I played the demo I was stuck as Predator and I ended up having fun with him, like the different views and the sneak kills.

Either way what is the best game to get? I got $25 worth of coupons for Best Buy so I would prefer to get them there.

I thought Heavy Rain was next week (2/23).

AvP will have its moments, but Heavy Rain will be the better overall game, easily. I'm getting both, though.

How can anyone compare these 2 games? Two totally difference genres and audiences they cater to. But to give a decent answer...

Well, I'm not getting AvP because apparently it turned out to be a slightly above average game and because I didn't quite enjoy the demo.

Call me biased, but I've been excited for Heavy Rain for the last few months and aside from Mass Effect 2, it's the game that I'm most looking forward to in the first half of this year. And I enjoyed Indigo Prophecy very much. So, I vote for Heavy Rain.

It might be that I value story and narrative above almost anything else in my video games these days (which is why ME2 was so big for me), and Heavy Rain looks like it fits the bill.

I said AVP, though I haven't played it. Yet. But it still looks good.
Too me Heavy Rain is a game you would hire, not buy. Or just skip both and wait for God of War 3 to be released :)

My sense is the people who are really psyched about AVP have a lot of nostalgia for the old PC or even Atari versions of the game. But if you're new to this video game franchise, the latest installment is okay at best, compared to other games out there.

Heavy Rain, on the other hand, is only going to appeal to those who like adventure games or are looking for something a little different.

That happens to be me, so I chose it. Plus it looks like the developers were really ambitious with what they wanted to accomplish with Heavy Rain.

Opinion 1: Heavy Rain has no gameplay and you'll fall asleep during the cutscenes. Aliens Vs Predator brings two of the best Sci Fi movie franchises alive for you to play.

Opinion 2: AvP has poor controls and game mechanics with only a paper thin plot unlike Heavy Rain's deep and intriguing plot which will keep you hooked for hours.

Verdict. You can't compare.

Heavy Rain has no gameplay, huh? I guess if you're not shooting things or jumping around, it isn't considered gameplay. :lol

To twitch manic fps shooter no Heavy Rain has little gameplay to no gameplay.

I was being subjective to both sides to prove a point that it splits the type of gamer into two main groups by trying to compare them.

Heavy Rain has no gameplay, huh? I guess if you're not shooting things or jumping around, it isn't considered gameplay. :lol

Niether did the Carmen Sandiego games and I f'n loved them back in the day.

~~~Am I the only person NOT having control problems with AVP?? It takes a little getting used to, but still playable.

Niether did the Carmen Sandiego games and I f'n loved them back in the day.

~~~Am I the only person NOT having control problems with AVP?? It takes a little getting used to, but still playable.

One of the best games ever to me is Snatcher. I love that game so much I can't tell you, the style, the story and the humor are just brilliant. You sometimes shoot in that game but that has 'no gameplay'. I'm not hating on Heavy Rain.

My wife pre-ordered Heavy Rain for me for Valentines so that's what I'm getting. I'm not into First Person Shooter games so AVP was a pass anyway.

My wife pre-ordered Heavy Rain for me for Valentines so that's what I'm getting. I'm not into First Person Shooter games so AVP was a pass anyway.

Motion sickness or just distaste? It seems a lot of my friends have been experiencing that latley in FPS's maybe it's the jump to HD.:confused:

Really wanting to get HEavy Rain, but looking at my coupons theys expire this week. I for some reason was thinking that HR was coming out this week.

I thought about Bioshock 2, but I never finished the first one.

Back