HD-DVD for 360 + HD Kong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mfoga said:
What do you do for them? If you don't mind saying.

We usually get to the field at 8 am, first thing is get the boxes out of the locker room. We go set up the coaches booth upstairs and get all their head sets up and running. Then go down to the field and set up the box and all the coaches for wireless headsets that are on the field. The last thing we do is usually test the coach to QB so I take the QB helmets and just walk around to make sure the signals are coming through clear.

We used to have 1 or 2 coaches that were wired during the game and I'd have to carry his cable while he ran up and down the sideline. But now that they're all wireless, I get to chill with the players. A lot of them put their helmets on our table and I've just gotten in a routine with Jamal Lewis to get his helmet when he comes off the field and get it to him when he's getting ready to go back. He's actually a really nice guy as almost all of the players are.

If you see some little white boy following Ray Lewis like a little school girl tomorrow, that'll be me. :D

It's a lot of fun and it's even better when they are playing well. Just such a unique way to experience a football game.

Cool Loki, so you work for them full time or is it a weekend gig. I know excatly what you go thru. I use to do that for my dad when he coached HS football, along with being a trainer all thru HS and for about 3-4 years afterwards. I know how trying to keep up with the wired headsets can be, don't you dare get to far behind and have them get stopped but the cable :lol or trying to fix them when they get slammed to the ground over and over. You are very lucky to watch the games from the field. I grew up on the sidelines of HS football games and it is so hard for me sit in the stands now, I was on the field since I was about 6 years old.

pitchin said:
i'm waiting on the playstation 3 as I heard the hd dvd player for 360 can only output up to 720p & not 1080p unlike PS3

I have just read Gamespot's feature on the xbox 360 HD-DVD player and they say that the xbox 360 can only play HD DVD movies up to 1080i over component cables but can play them up to 1080p providing you have the xbox 360 vga cable.
You can read the full article here.
https://uk.gamespot.com/features/6161610/index.html?sid=6161610&tag=topslot;action;3&om_act=convert&click=topslot

mfoga said:
Cool Loki, so you work for them full time or is it a weekend gig. I know excatly what you go thru. I use to do that for my dad when he coached HS football, along with being a trainer all thru HS and for about 3-4 years afterwards. I know how trying to keep up with the wired headsets can be, don't you dare get to far behind and have them get stopped but the cable :lol or trying to fix them when they get slammed to the ground over and over. You are very lucky to watch the games from the field. I grew up on the sidelines of HS football games and it is so hard for me sit in the stands now, I was on the field since I was about 6 years old.

I kinda work more for the staduim than the team, though my boss get's to travel with them. It's only a part time gig. I have my regular 8-5 job that pays the bills.

Have I mentioned how much I love the HD-DVD drive for the 360 :D :D :D

Yeah, HD-DVD is the best. I'm hoping that I can try for the $100 deal for the Xbox 360 next week and then later on get the HD-DVD drive. But I'll have to see how it goes.

Darth Loki said:

stop it loki, you're making me want to get off the couch and go get it now.

Just got home with my HD-DVD drive. Also got 3 more movies at Tower Records for 40% off. I got Pitch Black, Cronicles of Riddick, and Aeon Flux. Not some of the best movies out but for $17 you cant beat the price.

Also you would be proud, your Wii brothers were there lined up for tommorow.

Darth Loki said:
I kinda work more for the staduim than the team, though my boss get's to travel with them. It's only a part time gig. I have my regular 8-5 job that pays the bills.

Thats cool, but does that mean no Ring if they win the Superbowl? Even if not its a great gig, you get paid to have the best spot to watch a football game in my eyes. You know how much people would pay to have a chance to be down there with you.

darthviper107 said:
Yeah, HD-DVD is the best. I'm hoping that I can try for the $100 deal for the Xbox 360 next week and then later on get the HD-DVD drive. But I'll have to see how it goes.

I am hoping that same thing.

mfoga said:
Just got home with my HD-DVD drive. Also got 3 more movies at Tower Records for 40% off. I got Pitch Black, Cronicles of Riddick, and Aeon Flux. Not some of the best movies out but for $17 you cant beat the price.

Also you would be proud, your Wii brothers were there lined up for tommorow.

Probably a lot nicer to be lined up in CA than in MD. It's a grey, dreary kind of day here. But nothing like the storms we got Thursday to soak all those people waiting for the PS3 :D

mfoga said:
Thats cool, but does that mean no Ring if they win the Superbowl? Even if not its a great gig, you get paid to have the best spot to watch a football game in my eyes. You know how much people would pay to have a chance to be down there with you.

No, no ring. Rings are for players and coaches only I believe. Other people that work for the team are however given the chance to purchase a ring. Kind of cool, but kind of crappy at the same time.

Darth Loki said:
No, no ring. Rings are for players and coaches only I believe. Other people that work for the team are however given the chance to purchase a ring. Kind of cool, but kind of crappy at the same time.
Maybe it depends on the team. I thought the Steelers gave everyone in the organization a ring. I heard that the Seahawks gave all there employees NFC Championship Rings too.

the lightning and buccaneers gave all the full-time employees rings too. one of my best friends has a Stanley Cup ring from 2 seasons ago. he's already been offered upwards of 13k for it--and he didnt even play for it.

hairlesswookiee said:
the lightning and buccaneers gave all the full-time employees rings too. one of my best friends has a Stanley Cup ring from 2 seasons ago. he's already been offered upwards of 13k for it--and he didnt even play for it.

I don't know how entirely true that is, my ex girlfriend is a Tampa Bay Lightning girl and she didn't get a ring when they won the cup. Maybe she's not considered a full time employee but she works all the home games so I don't know.

So, how about that HD drive? Pretty sweet huh?

mfoga said:
Maybe it depends on the team. I thought the Steelers gave everyone in the organization a ring. I heard that the Seahawks gave all there employees NFC Championship Rings too.

Hopefully we'll have a chance to find out this year :D

Trying to get this thread back on topic here...

I bought one of these today for a "cheap" 2nd HD-DVD player using the coupon for CC. I am very happy with it's performance. You can't go wrong at that price for the drive, remote and a movie. My only problem is that I had already bought KK the other day before I considered getting this drive. I thought I could "return" the one with the drive but alas it has different packaging with no UPC code. Guess I will have to sell the extra on eBay.

I was not of fan of the new King Kong but I have a such a desire to watch it two nights in a row now. That's how amazing it looks.

My ex came over for a bit and I showed her and her jaw hit the floor.:eek

Darth Loki said:
I don't know how entirely true that is, my ex girlfriend is a Tampa Bay Lightning girl and she didn't get a ring when they won the cup. Maybe she's not considered a full time employee but she works all the home games so I don't know.

So, how about that HD drive? Pretty sweet huh?
she's not considered full-time. he works in the corporate offices during the day. he never mentioned having to pay for it, but i'll ask him if he was charged for it or not.

hairlesswookiee said:
she's not considered full-time. he works in the corporate offices during the day. he never mentioned having to pay for it, but i'll ask him if he was charged for it or not.

I don't really care either way, it's not like I actually do that much. I really just help the guy that does it and get to be on the field for the games. It's fun and exciting and that's more than enough for me.

Back