HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jon has to die. He's already died once. He's been brought back for only one reason -- to set things right. He can't live. He has no purpose beyond his mission. By knocking up Dany, he can "live" through his heirs.

What if somehow Danny is wounded and she made a sacrifice or made Jon stab her and make this Lightbringer or whatever it is that people are talking about. Just hope this world doesn't end with all the magic gone.

I don't know if there will be a throne at the end of GOT or if Dany will sit on it, but the Mysha episode they did where the slaves poured out and lifted her up makes me think the showrunners have intended for her to survive. We have had epic tragedy and failure to reach greatness on GOT before but Dany dying would transcend that I think.

This is a fantasy series where dragons, undead, beast master/seer, etc. exist. If Jon can come back and Berik comes back 6 times, Danny being killed and coming back ain't so bad. But whut evah!! Just gonna enjoy!

This season finale was the closest thing you'll ever get to a happy ending.

I don't watch GOT to see these characters get a happy ending, at times this season felt like a weird Avengers and LOTR mash up: Everyone meeting everyone and no one important dying.

I hope Jon and Dany win the war and get married. Just for the Stark siblings to pull a red wedding 2.0 on them plus Sansa has to take the Iron Throne from Cersei at some point.

And that fact took me a bit out of the scene where the one dragon was killed. The group speculated that killing the king would lead to the destruction of all the zombies. He was right there, holding a spear. Why not send the other dragons over to set him on fire?

Hard to say because dragon fire might be different than regular fire (but fire is fire, lol!?) but so far the series has set up that white walkers and the Night King are immune to it. They essentially extinguish/walk through it with no problem. Maybe it's different when they're blasted with it (like from a dragon)!? But so far there hasn't been any scenes (that I remember) showing white walkers dying from fire. Seems like Valyrian steel/dragon glass is the only thing that can kill them.

GRRM said that the blue dragon breath can freeze a man in seconds, like how the red breath can turn a man to ashes in seconds, so blasting a frozen wall should only add more ice to the "wall" not blow it up like that.

From what I could find, he was referring to mythical "ice dragons" (lore from the books) when he said that. This explains it best:

Contrary to what fans might believe, Viserion isn't an ice dragon.

The confusion makes sense. The blue flames coming out of Viserion's mouth could easily be confused with ice, but these aren't ice flames — they're just blue flames.

George R.R. Martin has previously said ice dragons are a completely different species, unlike the "common dragons" that we've come to know on the show.

Here's what Martin had to say about ice dragons in "A World of Ice and Fire":

"These colossal beasts, many times larger than the dragons of Valyria, are said to be made of living ice, with eyes of pale blue crystal and vast translucent wings through which the moon and stars can be glimpsed as they wheel across the sky.

"Whereas common dragons (if any dragon can truly be said to be common) breathe flame, ice dragons supposedly breathe cold, a chill so terrible that it can freeze a man solid in half a heartbeat ... As ice dragons supposedly melt when slain, no actual proof of their existence has ever been found."

So it's important to note that turning Viserion into a White Walker or wight dragon did not, in fact, change the type of dragon he is, despite the icy color of his flames. Viserion is now merely an undead dragon with blue pigmentation that mirrors that of an ice dragon.

https://www.businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-dragon-viserion-is-not-ice-dragon-explained-2017-8

The wall is 700ft tall and has stood for nearly 8000yrs, it falls in 2 minutes....

How many times was the wall attacked by a big ass dragon during those 8000 years? 0, right? :lol

sigpic775_13.gif

Sorry for quoting my own post. I Googled this. This sure as **** better not happen. I'm a sucker for a happy ending. This will ruin the whole series for me if true.
I'm with you, don't need an ending like that!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

im just gonna say it....

they are gonna pull a phantom menace when one of them kills the night king. i can bet both my left nuts on it.

They will. Already showed it with the White Walker being killed and his zombie fleet dropping. And he is the one that turns everyone or brings them back.

What are people's theories about next season? I thought that the war against the NK and his army would be the main focus of the season, however Cersei now has this other army coming over from Essos with Euron. I feel that this army will end up involved in the war against the dead rather than 2 separate wars, so Cersei has to die mid season or so. They should just send Arya down there to kill her and then replace her and command the army to the North.

Finally saw the finale last night, and it was an ok season.
The "happy ending" didn't seem quite right, but it was nice for a change. However, I found the entire plot revolving around the Stark girls and Littlefinger's fate poorly written. Nobody really believed the girls would go against each other, and that the master schemer of the entire series would be beaten at his own game so easily... well, it was satisfying, just not very well thought out IMHO.
Also, how readily everybody put their lives in their enemies' hands seemed a little gratuitous. The Clegane brother's face-off in the finale also seemed a little silly.
I still enjoyed it quite a lot, but I think the series really is suffering from not having the novels as starting points in these final seasons.

Has anyone read the supposed season 8 leaks? People say they're fake, but who knows.

Back