HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The actor playing Jaqen is perfect, and I love the brief scenes of him and Arya interacting.

Funny, reading the books, I always pictured the scenes north of the wall with more trees.

He did that in the books, or are you referring to the other stuff?

I'm talking about other stuff, guess I sort of changed topics kind of fast, infact the Hound scene was the only thing actually in the books last episode, (well except Theon taking winterfell, but he didn't kill rodrick like that)

Damn Theon. Ser Rodrick said it best, "You are lost".

He couldn't even give Ser Rodrick a clean death, had to hack away at his neck several times. I also would have like Ser Rodrick's line to Bran changed to "I'm goign to see your father and Jory."

Hoping Robb returns the favor...but judging by Martin's work / then adaptation of Martin's work so far, those that deserve it most go unpunished the longest...

I'm talking about other stuff, guess I sort of changed topics kind of fast, infact the Hound scene was the only thing actually in the books last episode, (well except Theon taking winterfell, but he didn't kill rodrick like that)

I was going to ask what in the last episode strayed from the book, but really, almost all of the episode did? I haven't read the book, but I really feel as though it's a shame that the show is straying so far. I'd really like it to be as true to the source as possible. I'm already disappointed in the Arya/Tywin storyline, considering they never even met, if I heard correctly.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm curious as to why you are disappointed that the show is straying from the book / source material, if you've never read the book and have no reference point?

This is the main reason why I won't read the book the season corresponds to until after the season ends.

The series is fantastic in it's own right, and George Martin has gone so far to say while it's amazing to see his "baby" come to reality, the series is 'Dan and Dave's" baby.

I was going to ask what in the last episode strayed from the book, but really, almost all of the episode did? I haven't read the book, but I really feel as though it's a shame that the show is straying so far. I'd really like it to be as true to the source as possible. I'm already disappointed in the Arya/Tywin storyline, considering they never even met, if I heard correctly.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm curious as to why you are disappointed that the show is straying from the book / source material, if you've never read the book and have no reference point?

This is the main reason why I won't read the book the season corresponds to until after the season ends.

The series is fantastic in it's own right, and George Martin has gone so far to say while it's amazing to see his "baby" come to reality, the series is 'Dan and Dave's" baby.

It's just disappointing to hear when someone creates something fantastic, only that others feel it's not great enough, and they change it to fit their own agenda. I mean, I absolutely LOVE the TV series, but I feel as though I'd like to see it as close to Martin's original intent as possible, especially since I haven't read the books.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

It's just disappointing to hear when someone creates something fantastic, only that others feel it's not great enough, and they change it to fit their own agenda. I mean, I absolutely LOVE the TV series, but I feel as though I'd like to see it as close to Martin's original intent as possible, especially since I haven't read the books.

That's not practical.

They have to change stuff since they simply don't have enough time for everything. As for not following Martin's vision, he's writing on the show and helping them out with everything, so whatever they do, he's OK with.

I understand it's not "practical" and I don't mind omissions, I just dislike complete plot rearrangements, particularly things like Arya and Tywin. The Jon and Ygrette scenes don't bother me, because by what you've said, it seems as though they're just speeding up that plot point.

But those Arya and Tywin scenes have been awesome.

They have been great, some of my favorite scenes in this season, but I am disappointed that they weren't part of the original storyline. I'd like to have seen where Arya ended up without the addition of Tywin.

But I particularly liked the, "Anyone can be killed," line from Arya, and the look Tywin gave her right after. That was some fantastic acting.

Personally I'm glad Tywin is getting more screen time - it's much more interesting to see Ayra interact with him than it would have been with Bolton (?).

But the dragon theft is completely away from the books and would seem to change direction of Danni's story.

I read about half of book 1 and it was so close to the TV series that I stopped. It seemed that every 100 pages or so matched up with its corresponding episode.

Is book 2 not that way? If not I may have to start reading these.

They're doing some big changes although things are still following the same storyline. The imporant steps are there but they're adjusting how you get there. There's some parts that aren't absolutely necessary to be the same and that's the stuff they're changing.

They're doing some big changes although things are still following the same storyline. The imporant steps are there but they're adjusting how you get there. There's some parts that aren't absolutely necessary to be the same and that's the stuff they're changing.

Weird that they kept the first season so close and this one they are changing it up. Doesn't matter to me because it's so damn good and I haven't read the books. Although I bought them all and have every intention of reading them.

Back