HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i never read the book A song of ice and fire, how far the season based from the book ? is season 5 nearly cover all the dance with dragons book ?

Season 5 is some of Feast of Crows (book 4) and covers almost everything that was in the last book released (A Dance of Dragons).

I didn't want Cersei to be brought down by the Sparrows. She's done wrong to so many other people, one of those deserves to bring her down. Would love it for Arya, Sansa, the Tyrell's or Tyrion to be the ones that actually kill her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The boat Jaime is on is turning right around right? I mean it seems like that scene is really badly edited if they decide to go all the way back to Kings Landing after what happened.

That was my thought, but it clearly wasn't in the show, and based on what has been said in interviews (I think by the director of the episode), it is insinuated that Jaimie will return to King's Landing with the Martell boy, who will have Cersei to deal with.

The boat Jaime is on is turning right around right? I mean it seems like that scene is really badly edited if they decide to go all the way back to Kings Landing after what happened.

Ellaria used the antidote for herself, there is no way to save Myrcella. They'd be better off taking Tristane hostage back to King's Landing.

Nothing he's done in the last couple of seasons harkens back to the old Jaimie in any substantial way. You could be right, but there's nothing on the show to suggest it. To the audience, he has become tame/neutered.

In a sense he has been neutered. No sword hand. He's also trying to normalize the fact that he ****s his sister, whereas before he didn't care.

But I don't take that as a seachange.

In a sense he has been neutered. No sword hand. He's also trying to normalize the fact that he ****s his sister, whereas before he didn't care.

But I don't take that as a seachange.

I don't know why he doesn't try so Merle type sword arm hand. Sure he couldn't move his wrist, but he couldn't do much worse than he currently is :lol

Exactly. Why would they "turn the boat around"? Jaime and Bronn going to take on everyone in Dorne?

So the King of Dorne let his son just be captured or killed for the princess? Seems like bad plotting on his part. So obviously he's not behind it. Plus with that whole mess with the wine salute and that odd kiss it seems like its obvious who is behind it from Jaime's pov. So at the very least he knows that Trystane and the King is an ally and a little talk back can stave off war. I guess that going back to Kings Landing is the safer route to take but that also seems like war is inevitable.

Covers everything ? Is there anything left from a dance of dragon ?

Sent from Batcave

There's very minor things that could still happen that occurred in book 4 and 5 for certain characters that might end up on the show (but I wouldn't be surprised if they are left out). But when all is said and done the show has pretty much exhausted almost everything in the books at this point.

I'm very curious to see how they plan to proceed. Hopefully GRRM has at least outlined the story so that everything follows the same path even if there are other detours and characters when the books eventually come out. Even though I don't read the books it would be somewhat strange to have the book go in one direction and the series go in another, with different characters, deaths, major plot developments, and possibly with two different outcomes. That said, as long as the series is supremely well done and concludes powerfully and satisfactorily it will be canon to me.

It is interesting that books 4 and 5 were able to be fit in just one season of the show when past seasons were all from one book each. I think that says a bit that Martin spread the stories out more than really needed to be. I know certain characters were omitted, but even that doesn't add up to 10 more episodes.

I know people were complaining that the beginning of the season was a little boring and slow to get into, so imagine if they had made it into 2 seasons lol.

Anyone else not like the Dorne Lord? I was rooting for the women to prevail in their vengeance against the Lannister's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well to be fair, most of the events in books 4 and 5 occur concurrently, they just focussed on different characters per book.

Back