Hawkeye Disney+ Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Netflix shows were no better than those D+ shows, the difference is that Netflix shows dragged through 10 episodes to tell a story while in the D+ they make it work with 6 episodes, sometimes things happens faster than it should have been.

DD was a good show, but in every season the character was reset for his season 1 status for overly cheap drama.
Have to disagree, Daredevil alone blows Wandavision, FATWS, Loki and this combined out of the water. I had a much better time watching that than any of these shows.

Maybe it's because I already liked Daredevil, Kingpin etc. as characters more than any of the ones the D+ shows have focused on, but the shows have done nothing to increase my interest in these characters. Nothing all that memorable (in a good way) has happened in them, apart from Alligator Loki I guess.

As I'm currently re-watching Daredevil now, I agree that I could without a LOT of the drama and side-stories. I find Karen to be extremely unlikeable, just as I did the first watch. That said, there is more to like than dislike about it.

I never bothered with the other shows, including The Punisher, which is pretty crazy given that he's a favorite of mine - just didn't like the version of the character outside of some of the DD S2 stuff (prison, courtroom).

Have to disagree, Daredevil alone blows Wandavision, FATWS, Loki and this combined out of the water. I had a much better time watching that than any of these shows.

Maybe it's because I already liked Daredevil, Kingpin etc. as characters more than any of the ones the D+ shows have focused on, but the shows have done nothing to increase my interest in these characters. Nothing all that memorable (in a good way) has happened in them, apart from Alligator Loki I guess.
Yup

Netflix > D+ MCU

Just not IF, LC, JJseason2 and Punisher lol

Yup

Netflix > D+ MCU

Just not IF, LC, JJseason2 and Punisher lol
My favourite part of Daredevil is how gritty and grounded it felt; you can feel the weight behind every hit, you can see Matt getting tired, people he knock down sometimes get back up, they weren't shy of showing some brutality and getting a little dark. He's just a normal guy with some enhanced sense and a lot of training.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/vincent-donofrio-kingpin-return-marvel-mcu-hawkeye-daredevil/
There's like 4 articles so this is the good stuff here:

"[I was approached] earlier this year," the actor tells us. "Kevin called me and of course I said, 'Hell yeah.' I was told from my representatives that he [Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige] wanted my phone number and he called me directly."

The actor then went through the first thoughts that went through is mind. "My first thought was 'Wow, maybe he's gonna invite me to the MCU,' and that's what he did immediately. He started talking about Hawkeye."

As it turns out, it was D'Onofrio's idea he took to the wardrobe department. After all, the actor tells us he's a major fan of the Family Business graphic novel the look was first featured in.

"I may have told you this before, but the screensaver on my computer is that Family Business cover of him in that shirt," D'Onofrio says. "It has been for several years. And yeah, that is something that I brought to the table for Hawkeye."

"The thing about Vincent is he and his doubles would arrive under cloaks because no one could see them," Bert, one half of the directing duo Bert and Bertie, told Buzzfeed of D'Onofrio's role in Episodes 5 and 6. "We were filming some things in public places and we had to get them to set. We realized the scale of how important it was to keep it a secret, so we would smuggle them in under black cloaks. Vincent and his doubles too because once you see his double, you would know it's Kingpin."

"I knew that he would be physically stronger, and I knew that he would be able to take more physical abuse. I knew that [going in]," D'Onofrio tells us.

But even then, he wanted to treat the character similarly because, as he sees it, that's largely the only way to keep him interesting.

"[Marvel was] just so excited that I said that, because it's what they were thinking," he tells us. "And I think that everybody realizes that the only way this character, as of now, stays interesting is if he has these, even if you make him stronger, as long as he's always based that his foundation is his emotional life and the pain, everything comes through the pain that he went through as a child. Then we've got a character there, an interesting character."

We recently caught up with D'Onofrio and the actor tells us his approach to the character this time around was the same as when he played Kingpin on Netflix's Daredevil. "The process was to be treated exactly the same," the actor tells us.

That's when D'Onofrio says his conversations with Marvel Studios went similar to the ones he had with Marvel Television regarding the beloved villain.

"Early on in our first conversation, I was about his emotional life and that how I approached, how I figured out how to play the character in, Daredevil, and that I based my whole character on his emotional life. And that was how I needed to play him for Hawkeye," the actor adds. "And they were just so excited that I said that, because it's what they were thinking."

Why do i get the feeling with the use of the pym arrow ..it might be a tease that these two could be in the AM/WP film next year

It would make sense. I can’t see Kate blending in a DS or Thor type of film setting..so if any upcoming mcu film to insert Clint and Kate in…would be AM…good thing Hailee started as a movie actress , so it should be easy for her to be in an MCU film..although each D+ series seems like a film more than a tv show .

My favourite part of Daredevil is how gritty and grounded it felt; you can feel the weight behind every hit, you can see Matt getting tired, people he knock down sometimes get back up, they weren't shy of showing some brutality and getting a little dark. He's just a normal guy with some enhanced sense and a lot of training.
Yeah but they did that over and over and over, it was bad storytelling. I have problems with all the shows for various reasons like bad storytelling or bad acting or bad action but I do like most of them because they all dared to do something interesting and different, NF and D+.

I wonder if the netflix Jessica Jones would work in the Disney/ MCU type of environment

I forgot to mention, granted this comic was already when Marvel was under Disney, Kingpin's wardrobe here was directly lifted off the Spiderman Family Business arc:

heEcZkI.png
I’m the only one who can’t picture Vincient Kingpin vs a tech less classic suit Holland Spidey …but I guess that’s how this could be the future :horror

Last edited:
As I'm currently re-watching Daredevil now, I agree that I could without a LOT of the drama and side-stories. I find Karen to be extremely unlikeable, just as I did the first watch. That said, there is more to like than dislike about it.

I never bothered with the other shows, including The Punisher, which is pretty crazy given that he's a favorite of mine - just didn't like the version of the character outside of some of the DD S2 stuff (prison, courtroom).
Punisher is handled much better in season 2 of DareDevil than both seasons of his own show.

He seems weak? Did we watch the same episode..?

He rips a car door off with his bare hands and punches/throws Kate across an entire room. And on top of that just gets back up from being hit by a car.
Sorry, poor choice of words. By "weak", I did not mean physically. I meant he did not seem to have as much clout as Kingpin did in DD. Kingpin in DD always had people surrounding him, working for him. For example, in DD Eleanor would have been picked up by Kingpin's henchmen and brought to him, rather than Kingpin walking up to her car in the middle of a huge fight.

Sorry, poor choice of words. By "weak", I did not mean physically. I meant he did not seem to have as much clout as Kingpin did in DD. Kingpin in DD always had people surrounding him, working for him. For example, in DD Eleanor would have been picked up by Kingpin's henchmen and brought to him, rather than Kingpin walking up to her car in the middle of a huge fight.
The blip probably wiped him out he is rebuilding.

The world changed for everyone.

Replace your Netflix hat with an MCU hat lol

The blip probably wiped him out he is rebuilding.

The world changed for everyone.

Replace your Netflix hat with an MCU hat lol
He wasn't blipped out though? He was well aware of the Ronin and Clint alluded to him during his Ronin days. And I assume 50% of his forces weren't blipped either and post-blip, they would have returned to him.

He wasn't blipped out though? He was well aware of the Ronin and Clint alluded to him during his Ronin days. And I assume 50% of his forces weren't blipped either and post-blip, they would have returned to him.
Didn't they all attack Hawkeye and Kate?

I have to say the show was more enjoyable than I thought it would be. But then that final episode came and it left a bad taste in my mouth. It was like Loki all over again.

I can't really put my finger on it being one thing. It was a bunch of things that I didn't like.

- When Yelena asks Clint what happened, he gives a vague answer so the fight can last 15 minutes longer.

- The whistle thing between Yelena and Nat worked kinda. It didn't between Yelena and Clint.

- Because he whistled she suddenly does accept the exact same vague answer he gave in the first place.

- Instead of a big fight I'd love a more suspenseful character-scene where Clint is given the option to do his full story and Yelena deciding.

- Kingpin physically seemed a lot stronger than in Daredevil, but he wasn't as strong as a character in this one. There was something lacking. Also he looked like he flew in from Hawaii for vacation and forgot it was winter in NY. He was way less intimidating than he should be.

- What is it with the larping propaganda? Members of the police and fire departments have a hard time getting people to leave a building, so they dress up like wannabe vikings to convince people. I think actual police uniforms or firefighter gear would've worked better here, guys...

- "Is this what hero's do? Arrest their mom on Christmas?" Stop whining you murderer!

- The shot heard, but not seen. Yes, I fully believed the perpetually grumpy girl shot Kingpin and he's dead now.

- The worst after credit scene ever. I even watched that thing to the end hoping we would have a surprise cameo audience member, but nope... just a horrible musical song.

-At least Jack was cool in the end. I'd watch a show with Jack being full of hubris taking on enemies with his sword and miraculously winning and solving cases.

So while the overall show was fairly enjoyable, in the end I find this yet another underwhelming entry in Phase 4. So far only No Way Home managed to meet (and actually surpass) my expectations. And I feel that's more due to Sony's involvement than Marvel's.

I still have hope for Doctor Strange 2 and Thor, but it is diminishing.

A few people have not liked the whistle, I thought it worked quite well. It was a way of telling the story in short hand. That was something quite sacred between the sisters so for Clint to know it, I completely accepted that in that moment, it pulled Yelena out of her blind rage to kill Clint. She didn’t know anything at all about Clint but for him to know that whistle it must have been incredibly important for Nat to tell Clint, therefore Clint is obviously important to Nat and very quickly you can further the story and Yelena could finally question what the hell she was doing.

Didn't they all attack Hawkeye and Kate?
The tracksuits yes. But it is hard to believe the tracksuits are all that the Kingpin had? He's the head of organized crime in New York, you'd think he'd have someone else to grab Eleanor. I was just surprised he was in the front lines getting his hands dirty.

The tracksuits yes. But it is hard to believe the tracksuits are all that the Kingpin had? He's the head of organized crime in New York, you'd think he'd have someone else to grab Eleanor. I was just surprised he was in the front lines getting his hands dirty.
As Jye indicated, I think it's due to the blip. Sure, most of his guys might have returned but his organization would still have been decimated by their loss and 5 year absence. Getting the low-level thugs like the TSM back in line would be the easy part.

It's funny - the same people who were hoping for Kingpin's return are now complaining they saw too much of him in the one and only episode he appeared in. Tough crowd lol...

Back