Hawkeye Disney+ Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was on board with it in the beginning, but ever episode is more boring than the last. Dunno, I was expecting more Christmas comfyness but it's just dull. I liked the first two a whole lot, and then it just fizzled out. Maybe it's because I never really cared for Hawkeye and with the MCU ramping up the stakes with all the multiversal stuff, I find it hard to care for street-level plotlines when my favourite cosmic/supernatural characters are starting to get the spotlight. I don't care about Echo, Yelena or Daredevil or whatever. Street-Wise I only ever liked Punisher. Moon Knight & Ghost Rider were part of the Supernatural craziness so they're another genre entirely. Hawkeye is the guy I found cool only in Ultimates, because he captured the zeitgetist of the time, the Man In Black, the cool badass assassin dressed in a Matrix coat and all that jazz. Even then, I liked him in the context of the series, alongside Widow and Stark and the rest. Middle aged 616x1610 hybrid Clint based on the Fraction book is not really my cup of tea. Granted, I'm looking forward to Black Knight, so I get liking D/C/B-Listers others might find boring.

It's not bad, it's a fine 40 minutes per week, it's just... eh. Personally speaking, Loki is the only MCU show I actually enjoyed. I liked the hook better, the themes and aesthetics, the chemistry between the cast, everything appealed to me more. But that's subjective, it has to do with where your tastes tilt. Still, Loki's the only MCU show I consider legitimately good and worth watching; everything else (WV, F&WS, WI?) was boring CW-tier filler.

7d7a20be9b90cd0d99dc98d30a677ff7.gif

Loki is the second best but also the most disappointing because Kang was awful and that last episode just missed so massively for me, Hawkeye still has one episode left to ruin everything lol. Loki was also a bit nerfed as a character and he went from having a devious mind with a plan up his sleeve for everything (until Thanos) in the MCU to being a lucky buffoon in his own show. The episode where he just got drunk on a train and they then were thrown off I kept thinking he must have done that deliberately maybe it was all a misdirection to get Sylvie to drop her guard but no he was just behaving like comedy Thor because the writers were awful.

I enjoyed Loki too, so this show is really close to it in my rankings. Provided they finish great, it'll probably top Loki for me. My current rankings:

1 - Loki + Hawkeye
2 - WandaVision

TFAWS - I've erased this from my headcanon.

Loki is the second best but also the most disappointing because Kang was awful and that last episode just missed so massively for me, Hawkeye still has one episode left to ruin everything lol. Loki was also a bit nerfed as a character and he went from having a devious mind with a plan up his sleeve for everything (until Thanos) in the MCU to being a lucky buffoon in his own show. The episode where he just got drunk on a train and they then were thrown off I kept thinking he must have done that deliberately maybe it was all a misdirection to get Sylvie to drop her guard but no he was just behaving like comedy Thor because the writers were awful.
I get these complaints, Kang especially. The guy is just completely unsuitable for the role; period. And it hurts me because Kang was always one of my favourites. Still, l enjoyed it despite all the problems. At this point I've learned to not much care about powerlevels or even consistent characterization and go with the flow, so to speak. For me these movies/shows are just ads for expensive dollies. If I happen to enjoy them in any capacity, I'm happy. I've accepted that they're not made for comic fans, but for a mixture of twitter and the general audience. As for Loki being more of a buffoon, I just chalked it up to him being a mix of beaten down psychologicaly, aimless and also lovestruck, so he was acting more like a schoolboy. It's OOC, but there's at least an in-universe explaination. Like I said, I've stopped 'thinking' about them; if they strike a chord with me, it's good enough.

I enjoyed Loki too, so this show is really close to it in my rankings. Provided they finish great, it'll probably top Loki for me. My current rankings:

1 - Loki + Hawkeye
2 - WandaVision

TFAWS - I've erased this from my headcanon.
The problem is that they're all more or less just filler. At least Loki moved along the main story, and Hawkeye is a slice of life type that if you like the genre, you'll enjoy. WandaVision was a waste of time that could've been told in a 1-hour special and TFATWS was just bad.

Nah I think Wandavision moved the story forward in a way too (Scarlet Witch needs to level-up). Mild Doctor Strange spoiler here from the leaked trailer:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Am I the only one who thinks Yelena is more black widow then black widow. She’s way more badass spy girl with personality and charm than bland monotone scarjo black widow.
Seems to be the consensus on here but I would disagree. I think she's a different kind of black widow, one that's going after who she thinks killed her sister. ScarJo's scene in Avengers where she's tied to the chair and easily kicks a$$ shows how menacing she can be...without breaking much of a sweat. You all are choosing one or the other, I'm here to say I dig both Widows for their respective awesomeness. Scarjo had a nice, deadpan delivery of some classic lines, which I never found to be bland. To each their own though... :duff

Nah I think Wandavision moved the story forward in a way too (Scarlet Witch needs to level-up). Mild Doctor Strange spoiler here from the leaked trailer:

Spoiler Spoiler:
I found it too drawn out. It could've been a special instead of a miniseries. And most of it was just dull in the execution. Don't get me started on all the red herrings and what a let down it ended up being. I've still not forgiven them for the Grim Reaper easter egg that ended up being literally nothing. I didn't like the characterizations much either. I suppose I was expecting more.

My take on Kate's intervention was that it allowed Ronin to get away easily before doing something he might regret. After offering mercy to be 'surprised' countered in that manner with CLINT (for a-dev) on the backfoot would have probably defaulted him over to kill mode with the safety gloves off to neutralise her quickly.
Fair enough….

Hmm

Nah it was just forced girl power crap.

I still can’t unsee CLINT lol

Seems to be the consensus on here but I would disagree. I think she's a different kind of black widow, one that's going after who she thinks killed her sister. ScarJo's scene in Avengers where she's tied to the chair and easily kicks a$$ shows how menacing she can be...without breaking much of a sweat. You all are choosing one or the other, I'm here to say I dig both Widows for their respective awesomeness. Scarjo had a nice, deadpan delivery of some classic lines, which I never found to be bland. To each their own though... :duff
I enjoyed ScarJo as Widow, bought the action figures, etc. -- what tips the scales for me is FP brings a menacing emotional depth to the cold psycho killer aspect I didn't see ScarJo pull off. Natasha at her best was wildly entertaining but more like a cartoon. YMMV but I see more edge and depth in FP's Yelena.

ScarJo is the watered down version of Black Widow while Yelena is the Black Widow from the comics.
It's like with Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique, she's a great actress, but her character was a watered-down version.

ScarJo is the watered down version of Black Widow while Yelena is the Black Widow from the comics.
Agreed. As enjoyable as ScarJo has been to watch I can't help but wonder how Emily Blunt (Marvel's first choice) would been in the role. I'm guessing at the very least she would have attempted some semblance of a Russian accent lol...

Back