Have you, or are you planning to cancel your Star Wars Bluray order due to changes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you or have you canceled your Star Wars bluray order due to the changes made?

• Yes

Votes: 59 35.8%
  • No

Votes: 106 64.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No... NOOOOO! I do not plan on canceling my Star Wars Blu-ray order due to the changes. I feel that if there are changes to be made within the saga to make the original films match up better with the prequels I am 100% fine with that. I would rather Mr. George Lucas make what changes he deems necessary than whoever takes over for him when he retires from filmmaking.

Nick

Last edited:
No... NOOOOO! I do not plan on canceling my Star Wars Blu-ray order due to the changes. I feel that if there changes to be made within the saga to make the original films match up better with the prequels I am 100% fine with that. I would rather Mr. George Lucas make what changes he deems necessary than whoever takes over for him when he retires from filmmaking.

Nick

2004's change of having Ian McDiarmid as The Emperor in The Empire Strikes Back- Great move!

2004's at the end of Return Of The Jedi change of having Anakin Skywalker return to his original form (Hayden Christensen) before he had turned to Evil- Great move!

2011's change from yoda puppet to CGI yoda in TPM- Great move!

2011's Change of the Ewoks blinking in Return Of The Jedi- Is more natural than the Ewoks not blinking at all.

Nick

2004's change of having Ian McDiarmid as The Emperor in The Empire Strikes Back- Great move!

2004's at the end of Return Of The Jedi change of having Anakin Skywalker return to his original form (Hayden Christensen) before he had turned to Evil- Great move!

2011's change from yoda puppet to CGI yoda in TPM- Great move!

2011's Change of the Ewoks blinking in Return Of The Jedi- Is more natural than the Ewoks not blinking at all.

Nick

I agree that having McDiarmid as the Emperor in ESB was a logical change and one that I would guess most fans of the OT would not find objectionable because it is a change that creates continuity within the OT.

I think OT die-hards are upset by Lucas' previous changes and the rumored upcoming Blu-ray changes (Nooooooo, Obi Wan making the lizard noise to scare off Tusken Raiders, young Ghost Anakin) because they want the OT to stand alone, completely separate from the PT.

They don't want Darth yelling "Noooooo" because it reminds them of the awful melodramatic reveal of Anakin in his Darth Vader get-up at the end of Revenge of the Sith. Lucas wants the two scenes to compliment each other. Many OT die-hards found the prequels insulting, not complimentary. Hence any changes to bring them closer together is going to piss-off OT purists.

No way I will be canceling these blu rays. I don't mind the changes as much as others. I actually like most of them from the SE's and the new ones seem okay, yeah the nooooo sounds corny but I can look past this to have Star Wars in high def on my 55 inch 1080p TV. Bring them on!!:rotfl

I agree that having McDiarmid as the Emperor in ESB was a logical change and one that I would guess most fans of the OT would not find objectionable because it is a change that creates continuity within the OT.

I think OT die-hards are upset by Lucas' previous changes and the rumored upcoming Blu-ray changes (Nooooooo, Obi Wan making the lizard noise to scare off Tusken Raiders, young Ghost Anakin) because they want the OT to stand alone, completely separate from the PT.

They don't want Darth yelling "Noooooo" because it reminds them of the awful melodramatic reveal of Anakin in his Darth Vader get-up at the end of Revenge of the Sith. Lucas wants the two scenes to compliment each other. Many OT die-hards found the prequels insulting, not complimentary. Hence any changes to bring them closer together is going to piss-off OT purists.

You so right about this. Unfortunately for OT fans Lucas sees his 6 movies as one saga and not separate trilogies. So he is always going to tie them in someway. I'm just really glad that I enjoy the prequels and enjoy them a lot. :)

Argh, poll is almost two-to-one on people NOT cancelling!

Who's the more foolish, the fool (Lucas tinkering with movies) or the fool who follows him (everyone complaining but still giving the bas____ more money!)?

Everyone complaining? I would say it's a few here who are really complaining.

Not complaining here just anxiously waiting to watch the whole Saga in High Def!!:rotfl

You said it Chewie. (I don't know where you stand on the issue but yes you're correct in what you say here.)

Tell you what Lucas, you want to change something go back and change the Prequels, those are the ones you ___ked up on, not the OT...well apart from having ewoks instead of wookies in ROTJ!

Argh, poll is almost two-to-one on people NOT cancelling!

Who's the more foolish, the fool (Lucas tinkering with movies) or the fool who follows him (everyone complaining but still giving the bas____ more money!)?

Sorry, but since newly released scenes from the OT are included I can't refuse. Still, a 36% drop in sales from people who were originally content with even the 2004 changes is pretty significant.

Prequel Trilogy = PT

Personally the changes that have been made over the years have never bothered me to the point of protesting or refusal to watch. I was born in 85 and grew up with the originals, then watched the Special Editions and then watched the DVD changes and now I'll watch the Blu-Ray changes. I won't like all of them. Are they necessary? No. Are some of them silly? Absolutely. Is anyone forcing me to watch them? No. Are there other options? Yes.

I never understood the hostility towards the changes. It's not like they can't be viewed in their original form elsewhere. This self entitlement attitude towards Star Wars is frankly ridiculous. George doesn't owe anyone anything. Let him do what he wants to do. They are his movies. You want the originals? Pop in the VHS copies.
Yeah, I don't know why thinking something is stupid and refusing to buy means one feels entitled, but. . .As for "getting them elsewhere," I would like to be able to pay Mr. Lucas for the privilege of being able to watch the originals in decent quality on an HDTV without resorting to a bootleg. Call me crazy.

Last edited:
I would like to be able to pay Mr. Lucas for the privilege of being able to watch the originals in decent quality on an HDTV without resorting to a bootleg. Call me crazy.

Agreed, but in my mind watching original SW is like collecting vintage action figures. No matter how much I adore the original sculpt of 1985 Snake Eyes over all the ROC and 30th anniversary figures Hasbro will never release that version ever again.

So secondary market where people keep mint or restored figures is the only option.

I would love to know of that 38's giving this set the axe is over 35? That seems to be around the age line of people having the biggest issue with this set.

Good analogy... sometimes you have to go to the secondary market to get what you want :duff

I'm under the age of 35. Just turned 26 actually. I'm not buying this set. I don't watch special edition either because I just prefer the original cuts of the movies. They're the ones I enjoyed as a little kid. Walking Dewbacks and skinnier Jabba in the first movie didn't really do much for me.

Although I never had them on order in the first place I just placed a Yes vote (to cancelling). I'm 29, and yeah, have no desire to be reminded of the PT while watching the OT.

29 and keeping. I don't really care much for the changes even to cancel. Too many good bonus stuff not to

Hence any changes to bring them closer together is going to piss-off OT purists.

No, I don't mind the prequels, and I did not have issues reconciling them with the original history set down by the '77-'83 films.

I don't like the changes because they're bad, and ultimately, pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back