Hasbro Ultimate Villain + Sideshow Anakin = Clone Wars Anakin?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crix

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone who has both the SSC Anakin and the Hasbro Ultimate Villain Anakin/Vader has ever tried taking the shoulder armor and tunic from the Hasbro set and putting it ont he SSC Anakin. With the exception of the gloves, it would be a pretty accurate Clone Wars Anakin, wouldn't it? Wondering if some brave soul is up to trying this out and snapping some pics. Could save me some $$$ if it looks like crap, since I've been thinking of picking up an Ultimate Villain on Ebay.

The Hasbro one doesn't look good. If you have a lot of cool stuff kicking around, you can do this...

scc-ani-custom-1.jpg

scc-ani-custom-2.jpg

made five minutes ago.

The Hasbro one doesn't look good. If you have a lot of cool stuff kicking around, you can do this...

scc-ani-custom-1.jpg

scc-ani-custom-2.jpg

made five minutes ago.

That tunic looks awesome on him.

But he wears the shoulder armor overtop of the tunic and leather straps.

Those photos remind me of how hideous the production paint apps on the SSC Anakin were. For a second, I almost thought it was the Hasbro figure. :google I am spoiled by my DarkArtist repaint.

I know, but it sat too high, and I didn't want to damage anything to do this. I only put it together for the sake of this thread (and already took it apart again). If you make something like this, you'll have to cut the leather tabards.

Actually, he doesn't appear to have tabbards in the new 3D Clone Wars series, so, unless it wouldn't fit, the Hasbro sash would work fine and then put the SSC belt over it, maybe borrow a Darth Maul gloved left hand to match the CW series better.

As for SSC making one, I forsee it happening, but my hope is that it's Cartoon Network volume 1 based to go with Obi-Wan, Asajj and Illum Padme. I'd eventually like to see an Anakin and Obi-Wan based on the new 3D series as well.

Something tells me that if SSC goes back into the Clone Wars which is very much possible that LFL will tell them to go with the new series. Obi had to be in the pipeline for a long time and that's how it made it under the mark but I have a feeling that any other CW creations will be from this new 3-D series in order to stay current. Will they do it? I think so but whether they do Anakin, Obi, etc is unknown. I honestly fully expect a Captain Rex from the new CW Series as an actual figure or a variant Convention Exclusive once the AOTC Clones begin to hit.

Something tells me that if SSC goes back into the Clone Wars which is very much possible that LFL will tell them to go with the new series.

I'm not sure how much LFL dictates selections for figures as much as just butts in on their execution. SSC would do wise to fight to do what works for their line, and rounding out the current 3 CW Volume 1 figures with Anakin from that point is a must. Move onto the new series by all means, but an Anakin with his CW V1 gear and a Hayden AOTC portrait are needed now that Obi-Wan is on the way to be a companion to either Kenobi or Ventress.

Can anyone see if the shoulder armor from the Ultimate Villain Vader fits the Sideshow Vader. Post pics if you can please!:monkey3:emperor

Back