Hasbro Indiana Jones franchise thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've noticed the carded Retro ROTLA figures popping up on eBay even though no one seems to have them up for order yet (aside from Indy himself). Hopefully they'll be ready in short order.
The rest of the Retro Collection figures went up for preorder in a few places today.

0DA46A8E-21FE-429B-A723-701182BC6FB4.jpeg
E1240D25-0890-48C4-AD61-86D00213412D.jpeg

The color of the figure is awful

What do you expect? They're intentionally making ****** figures for nostalgia bait. Would've preferred they allocate the resources they spent on that line with 1/18 scale figures.

Hmm... how's the size/scale next to the Present Toys Indy head? Certainly looks like a better likeness than the HT Indy head. :lol
Won't lie, I was eyeing up one at Target just to take the head. I found some adventure series figures and bought those instead.

How so? They look similar to the old figure in that pic taken off the TV screen. Are the colors just washed out or wrong?
The color of the pants looks almost yellow like a pair of summer beach pants. The hat is very light brown and the jacket almost looks black. The figure arrived from Amazon. That the vintage figure beside it. Just a crappy cellphone photo and not a TV screen.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the sculpt detail is enough to warrant a repaint. I still haven't seen a hi-res enough pic or video (that one above isn't) to really see how good the sculpt is but from a distance it looks great.
It didn't look terrible. The hat has a nice shape and the sculpt itself would probably look decent with good paint job. I decided to sit back and wait to see if anyone else dives in to do it.

Went on a Target tour this weekend, 4 stores in my general area. Once the word was out that these were hitting Target stores, there was no chance of getting an Indy. That being said, I saw the whip, talking Indy, retro Marion, AS Marion, AS Salah, retro Beloq and AS Beloq.

I must admit, I bought 2 of the 3 3/4 Retro figures. Just so I can display an Indy without a Broken thumb.

Went on a Target tour this weekend, 4 stores in my general area. Once the word was out that these were hitting Target stores, there was no chance of getting an Indy. That being said, I saw the whip, talking Indy, retro Marion, AS Marion, AS Salah, retro Beloq and AS Beloq.
Snagged the ONLY Indy at my Target. He was in the back of the peg, behind a bunch of the rest of the wave. Good luck with your hunt!

Attachments

• 8B3BB70A-54F6-4351-97C2-1371685D4A23.jpeg
    8B3BB70A-54F6-4351-97C2-1371685D4A23.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I'm wondering if the sculpt detail is enough to warrant a repaint. I still haven't seen a hi-res enough pic or video (that one above isn't) to really see how good the sculpt is but from a distance it looks great.

I might get one to put the head on my Horizon kit. I'm currently toying with the SSC ROTLA head, but, I like that head too much.

I received my Adventure Series Indy on Sunday from Amazon and it was a bit of a disappointment to me.

I knew the face paint wouldn't be good, so I was prepared for that.

What disappointed me most was that there was no gun in the package. I scoured through the package and it was nowhere in sight. I am guessing someone at the factory just forgot to put one in the paper bag.

The 2nd disappointment was that I cannot get the whip's holster loop to close. First I tried with the whip in it, but it doesn't even stay closed without the whip. Since Indy doesn't have a gun, the whip is in his hand so I might just glue it closed without the whip.

I am hoping that future releases are improved but this one should have been better considering it is the start of the line and the most classic of the releases. Perhaps a 2.0 or at least, a Last Crusade version in the future to replace this one.

Was it Amazon themselves or a third party you got the figures from? I'd contact them about Indy being incomplete and see what they say. You should have got a complete figure and it wasn't your fault it wasn't. You should either get another figure or a refund. I've never used Amazon so I don't know what their policies are. Worth a try anyway....

Was it Amazon themselves or a third party you got the figures from? I'd contact them about Indy being incomplete and see what they say. You should have got a complete figure and it wasn't your fault it wasn't. You should either get another figure or a refund. I've never used Amazon so I don't know what their policies are. Worth a try anyway....
Thank you. it was from Amazon themselves but I didn’t keep the packaging so I figured I was out of luck.

Back