Hasbro figure mods, please show us

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is Chewie standing next to an Endor Rebel (with prometheus body):

33peia8.jpg

sarahludo02.jpg

Some of mine over on Rebelscum:
https://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/showgallery.php/cat/1322
Most of those are Hasbro upgrades right before I started doing Sideshow ones.

I have other older ones I can try to dig up pics for.

And yes, Tony DiTerlizzi's work got me started too! My first customs were all attempts to copy his. Granted my face painting skills were way primitive then...

What shirt are you using on your ANH Solo?....it looks much better than SS offering!

What shirt are you using on your ANH Solo?....it looks much better than SS offering!

Thanks! I made that shirt myself.

I did that custom using mostly SS Bespin Han and Hasbro ANH Han parts before SS brought out their ANH Han. Even when they did, the new SS figure still inherited my version of the shirt.

For some reason, I've found that the neck area can make or break the right costume look on these figures.

A little late, but here are the mods I made on the Biker Scout:

- he's on a Worthfield 'Real Guy' body with the ball joint neck (there's a black sleeve over the neck too)
- scratchmade gloves (gauntlets really, over the Real Guy bendy hands)
- tightened up the torso armor.
- took apart the vinyl midsection and moved the pouches
- codpiece is now attached to the belt

I had to get a photo of the original version to figure out what I did to it. Dorgmal Snow has the actual figure now

Here is the photo again just because the original reference was back a page:
bikerscout1.JPG

A little late, but here are the mods I made on the Biker Scout:

- he's on a Worthfield 'Real Guy' body with the ball joint neck (there's a black sleeve over the neck too)
- scratchmade gloves (gauntlets really, over the Real Guy bendy hands)
- tightened up the torso armor.
- took apart the vinyl midsection and moved the pouches
- codpiece is now attached to the belt

I had to get a photo of the original version to figure out what I did to it. Dorgmal Snow has the actual figure now

Here is the photo again just because the original reference was back a page:
bikerscout1.JPG

I am fortunate enough to own many wonderful figures. Many are on my shelves... but a few are on my desk. ChibiSchmoo's biker scout is one of them. I have took the plunge and dirtied him up a little and have started to repaint a bike for him. He is amongst the figures that I would never ever ever ever part with.

Ever, thank you ChibiSchmoo

Mooncat - your figures are inspiring!

Dorgmal - You praise is just too high for the Biker Scout. Now the Gonk you made for me, that is one I have to grab if there's ever a fire!

Some more semi-old Hasbro mods I just uploaded:

AT-AT Driver
atat_driver8.JPG

Geonosis Padme
padme-geonosis1.JPG

Death Star Trooper
dstrooper2.JPG

Ponda Baba (never finished)
ponda11.JPG

NIce work, Chibi.
How is that Death Star Trooper?
Been wanting to get one and mod it a little but wasnt sure about the helmet... seems a little big? I know they are big helmets anyway. Yours looks really good though. Great work man.

did anyone replace the rots anakin?not the burn up one the normal one.

NIce work, Chibi.
How is that Death Star Trooper?
Been wanting to get one and mod it a little but wasnt sure about the helmet... seems a little big? I know they are big helmets anyway. Yours looks really good though. Great work man.
The Death Star Trooper uniform is nice, but the helmet is problematic. It is slightly too big, but its waaaaay too shallow. I had to hollow it out quite a bit to get it to fit naturally over a head. It doesn't look quite so big if you fit a larger head into it...and replace the plastic chin strap.

Hey Chibi, what gloves did you use on this guy? Are they DID's? I have the Marmit version I'd like to replace these with.
Yes, they are DID cloth gloves that go over bendy hands. I got them loose, though, so I don't know what figure they came from.

A couple more from around 2005:

Podracer Anakin (shampoo bottle tip from Tony Diterlizzi)
anakin_podracer1.jpg
anakin_podracer4.jpg

Tusken Raider
tusken12.jpg
tusken5.jpg

Thanks Chibi. Might have to pick one of those up and see what I can do!

Here's my custom Chewbacca currently for sale.

I stumbled upon it on eBay and I thought "Isn't this the one I saw on SSF?" and lo and behold, it is! I believe I compared it to the oranguatan thingy from Labrynth (that movie with David Bowie)...

Back