Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They just went too crazy with the articulation and it made the thing look goofy. It would have overwhelmingly been for adults anyway who just want a few pose tweaks to museum type poses to a very screen accurate piece, versus kids who love a ton of articulation and don't care as much about the overall accuracy of the piece.

And they really only needed to keep the funding open for another hour and it would have hit the goal. They could have easily could have easily come up with some excuse why it didn’t close on time and just push it through. I think they were just ready to put this down after all the negativity.

You think it would cost that much? The proton pack is $400 with all the lights and doo dads. But we are talking the Hasbro Star Wars team, so I guess I wouldn't be too surprised.

I think the Proton Pack is a great value but don’t let all those bells and whistles fool you. It’s still just mostly molded plastic with a few removable pieces that’s just there for added features few will care about.

They can use those similar lights and sounds for the Jetpack features. Plenty of things they can add to for easily reachable tiers. And all they really have to do is throw a Mythosaur skull on the proton pack stand and they can call it a day.:lol

So pricing all that at ~$400 and putting more effort on them than a standard Black Series helmet would help people feel at ease for paying said premium price. Your other option is paying $1k+ for a prop replica. That’s why I think there’s a huge market for a thing like this.

With all that said. I wouldn’t mind a Black Series Executor Bridge Dio either.

Yoda: "Lost fan interest Haslab has. How embarrassing. How embarrassing."

*Younglings giggle*

Now it's really embarrassing. GI Joe made it past it's second stretch goal and the proton pack will easily hit all goals and likely breeze past 20k. Star Wars team getting absolutely destroyed by franchises with much smaller fan bases.

Now it's really embarrassing. GI Joe made it past it's second stretch goal and the proton pack will easily hit all goals and likely breeze past 20k. Star Wars team getting absolutely destroyed by franchises with much smaller fan bases.
The Skystriker got more backers in it's final 24 hours (9,052) than the Rancor got in its entire campaign, lol.

Not surprised that Rancor failed to fund. I agree, the articulation was too much that it ruined the figures aesthetic... the head looked like a turtles head poking out of the shell. The tiers all sucked and didn't justify the price.
The turtle head was the worst but I backed in the last hour to show solidarity to SW collectors. Plus hoping Hasbro would fix the prototype before release. Obviously all a moot point and Patrick got promoted after the disastrous livestream and before the Rancor failed anyway.

Someone posted this on another board:
Screenshot_20211208-191145_Instagram.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211208-191145_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20211208-191145_Instagram.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 34
The turtle head was the worst but I backed in the last hour to show solidarity to SW collectors. Plus hoping Hasbro would fix the prototype before release. Obviously all a moot point and Patrick got promoted after the disastrous livestream and before the Rancor failed anyway.

SERIOUSLY ??!?!?!? :horror

(* knew I shouldn't have unsubscribed from the thread :lol *)

And the next Star Wars Haslab project will be the same Rancor in a Mandalorian box.
You mean Book of Boba Fett box.

If it is the same Rancor, it might have scars on its head from the gate coming down. Swapable heads would be a cool addition.

If it’s a different Rancor entirely, then there could still be swapable parts. Heck, make the RotJ parts tier 1. Gives us a second shot without technically being a repeat. Have the BoBF Rancor be the campaign base with the RotJ stuff being the unlocks?

SERIOUSLY ??!?!?!? :horror

(* knew I shouldn't have unsubscribed from the thread :lol *)

To be fair, his promotion was probably happening regardless of the Rancor's success.

My feelings on all of this aside, Hasbro is probably pretty happy with the money Star Wars is bringing in. Between the Credit Collection, repaints, troopers, Lucasfilm anniversary figures and their "deluxe" figures. They're seeing $$$ signs and that is all that matters.

Apparently he was promoted sometime in November (or at least the update on LinkedIn was) so prior to the end of the Haslab project earlier this week.

You mean Book of Boba Fett box.

If it is the same Rancor, it might have scars on its head from the gate coming down. Swapable heads would be a cool addition.

If it’s a different Rancor entirely, then there could still be swapable parts. Heck, make the RotJ parts tier 1. Gives us a second shot without technically being a repeat. Have the BoBF Rancor be the campaign base with the RotJ stuff being the unlocks?
The Rancor from ROTJ is quite dead.

the one from Bad Batch however…..

and spoiler free, there are reasons this should be the same one, but we shall see

Last edited:
Taking about the failed Haslab Rancor.. Here's a pic on TFW2005: Star Wars thread and done by member Bearytrek with the Black Series Rancor.

Proceed Your Way To Oblivion.

20211207_192951.jpg

Back