Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up the Black series Bespin Luke and the Retro Bespin Luke. I don't like the card art for the Black Series figure though. I am sure they wanted a different picture than the retro figure but if they were going to do it they should have used the later release Kenner art instead. The new art looks stretched out especially on the lightsaber. Computer generated art give Luke the Uncanny Valley look.View attachment 485156View attachment 485157View attachment 485158

I don't like the black series card either. He kind of looks like Javier Bardem from No Country for Old Men.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

You know what really destroys ALL BS figures

Even if they have the new face printing it still doesn?t matter not if every figure is going to be stuck with a damn gun gripping hand pose no matter what I got them doing.

It literally ruins every pose scenario you are trying to accomplish.

Please Hasbro if you need to be cheap and greedy then save money by getting rid of every accessory but please give me more hand options!

Is it too much to ask for that my Vader isn?t calling Luke to join him with a damn pistol gripping hand lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone from Rogue One that could benefit from the face printing, it’s Krennic. I think he would have sold much better had he had the printing.

Agreed. Loved Krennic in RO and bought that figure, but then sold it as I was unimpressed.

The new art looks stretched out especially on the lightsaber.

That looks awkward.. :lol Can't unsee it now!

Even if they have the new face printing it still doesn?t matter not if every figure is going to be stuck with a damn gun gripping hand pose no matter what I got them doing.

Please Hasbro if you need to be cheap and greedy then save money by getting rid of every accessory but please give me more hand options!

Is it too much to ask for that my Vader isn?t calling Luke to join him with a damn pistol gripping hand lol

You may be onto something there! Though I'm not holding my breath for Hasbro giving us alternate hands. Besides, I would imagine it being very flimsy given the quality of BS plastic.

You know what really destroys ALL BS figures

A hand/accessory set on Hasbro Pulse would be a great way to catch the line up. Something that avid collectors and display focused fans would gobble up but doesn't have to inflate the cost of retail releases.

Carbonite Duel

Xc0oxjR.jpg

A hand/accessory set on Hasbro Pulse would be a great way to catch the line up. Something that avid collectors and display focused fans would gobble up but doesn't have to inflate the cost of retail releases.

I would buy in a heartbeat but good luck addressing every figure in a pack.

Break it down into:

Vader
Humans
Troopers

Luke shouldn't have any hand at all when Vader is calling him to join him!!

I am not sure because I never tried, but do ML hands work on BS? If so, but a Shang Chi and you are set.�� Lotsa hands with that figure.

I don't see why we can't get extra hand with the BS. Hasbro includes them all the time with the Marvel Legends. WTF Hasbro!!!

Marvel Legends are SO MUCH cheaper to make than Black Series. For starters the license to make Marvel products is much cheaper (though I have a feeling that could change in the future with how popular Marvel is). And just as important, Marvel Legends are 90% re-use for non movie sculpts (And even sometimes then too). They have a handful of male and female bodies that are used for all of their figures. They add new paint (spandex is flat afterall) and a few raised details and accessories (a belt here, shoulder pad there) and a new (not always) head sculpt and that's it. Money left over to pack in some extra hands.

Black Series are the total opposite. 90% new sculpts for almost every aspect of the line.

I think they're working on adding more accessories. Look at the Hoth Rebel Trooper with two faces. But for a real increase in extras, the price would probably go up with it.

Slightly off-topic but from I've seen the new 6 inch Joe figures absolutely destroy Marvel Legends *and* Black Series. With no royalties to pay Marvel *or* LFL Hasbro has really been able to spare no expense with the Joes. All five figures of the first wave have crazy good sculpts, proportions, articulation and face printing. And none of the five share the same buck which is insane.

I unfortunately had to pay ebay prices for the Hasbro Pulse Snake Eyes but I've got the entire first standard retail wave on order. Glad to be hitting this line at the ground floor.

Slightly off-topic but from I've seen the new 6 inch Joe figures absolutely destroy Marvel Legends *and* Black Series. With no royalties to pay Marvel *or* LFL Hasbro has really been able to spare no expense with the Joes. All five figures of the first wave have crazy good sculpts, proportions, articulation and face printing. And none of the five share the same buck which is insane.

I unfortunately had to pay ebay prices for the Hasbro Pulse Snake Eyes but I've got the entire first standard retail wave on order. Glad to be hitting this line at the ground floor.

I agree they look awesome! I had the deluxe snake eyes in pre order but canceled it at the last second. Star wars and the few other lines I'm into are expensive enough as it is lol.

I would buy in a heartbeat but good luck addressing every figure in a pack.

Break it down into:

Vader
Humans
Troopers

I mean if you think about it you could, in the size of one BS figure package, include all of those and then some. 3x human sets, 1x Vader, 2x Imperial trooper, 2x Clone, 1x assorted alien, and then a tray of blasters?

Would anyone else like Black Series 6” figures from The Clone Wars series that are made to look like the actual show? I like when they make”live action” versions of the characters but I do wish I had figures that were made in the animated style of the show also. Same goes for Rebels.

Would anyone else like Black Series 6” figures from The Clone Wars series that are made to look like the actual show? I like when they make”live action” versions of the characters but I do wish I had figures that were made in the animated style of the show also. Same goes for Rebels.

Yeah I wish they would make the CW characters into 6" figures too. Look at all the 3.75" CW figures we got. Why doesn't Hasbro capitalize on the CW hype and release a 6" BS line

Back