Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting I didn’t know Dorksidetoys was the definitive authority on Hasbro sales ��

Ugghhhh should’ve held out buyin the probe droid early like I did. This thing is stacked to the ceiling at my target

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

I don?t quite understand what would it matter if there are a ton of them available now if you were still able to buy and enjoy it when you did If anything I would be super happy that I got it early lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting I didn’t know Dorksidetoys was the definitive authority on Hasbro sales ��

He never claimed to be. He only gave us info from his experience as a retailer. Many factors may go into play as well. Black series is far more readability available at many retail and online locations than TVC is. With less competition for TVC, it probably sells quite well for those that do carry them.

031293c7cb397a2a5018948dfc1c69f8.jpg

Picked up my first 2 black series figures. Hope I don?t go down this rabbit hole like I did with Star Wars Hot Toys. They are cheaper obviously which is a plus. Pretty cool I must say

I buy only the occasional 6" from Hasbro. If the figure is exceptional, like the Hoth Rebel Trooper. Or their ANH Vader. They re-re-release the same sculpt so many times, I am honestly not in a hurry. I appreciate that its probably way more expensive making figures in this scale with way less body reuse than their Marvel line, but when we get stuck with a dud, like with their super tiny ig-88, we are stuck with it for half a decade. They are not in a hurry to put out version 2 of the same characters. And for me, that is a major turn off. How many more ways can they re-release Yoda?

And with the comment about the Probe Droid, I know these are just expensive enough, fans are always wanting to hold out for those super discounted sales.

And no 3.75 would be a damn awful shame.

Picked up my first 2 black series figures. Hope I don?t go down this rabbit hole like I did with Star Wars Hot Toys. They are cheaper obviously which is a plus. Pretty cool I must say

Rabbit hole isn't deep; very few of the 6" figs are super hard to acquire. Usually their SDCC ones. Or one like the Walmart exclusive Jedi Luke, which I've never seen at retail (shocking i know). Most can be found discounted, frankly.

Last edited:

?You still have much to learn, my apprentice.?

Most of my pictures annoy me once I sit back and pick them apart, but I really like how this one turned out. I hope you enjoy it as well. Happy Friday!
b9cd42ab9ecd78deaa42715df1c7a029.jpg

?You still have much to learn, my apprentice.?

Most of my pictures annoy me once I sit back and pick them apart, but I really like how this one turned out. I hope you enjoy it as well. Happy Friday!
b9cd42ab9ecd78deaa42715df1c7a029.jpg

Awesome pic Justcrash!

What is the general consensus on the larger scale Disney Probe droid vs the BS - which one is the better scale?

Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

I buy only the occasional 6" from Hasbro. If the figure is exceptional, like the Hoth Rebel Trooper. Or their ANH Vader. They re-re-release the same sculpt so many times, I am honestly not in a hurry. I appreciate that its probably way more expensive making figures in this scale with way less body reuse than their Marvel line, but when we get stuck with a dud, like with their super tiny ig-88, we are stuck with it for half a decade. They are not in a hurry to put out version 2 of the same characters. And for me, that is a major turn off. How many more ways can they re-release Yoda?

And with the comment about the Probe Droid, I know these are just expensive enough, fans are always wanting to hold out for those super discounted sales.

And no 3.75 would be a damn awful shame.

Rabbit hole isn't deep; very few of the 6" figs are super hard to acquire. Usually their SDCC ones. Or one like the Walmart exclusive Jedi Luke, which I've never seen at retail (shocking i know). Most can be found discounted, frankly.

Well at least the Yoda two pack comes with not one but TWO new head sculpts for Yoda and they look amazing!

I don?t have to put up with that ugly original head any longer lol

Re: Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Well at least the Yoda two pack comes with not one but TWO new head sculpts for Yoda and they look amazing!

I don?t have to put up with that ugly original head any longer lol

true.....yeah that head tempted me as well....

It can do a couple of decent poses, but the super "someone sent us a neutral CG model and it was all we had for reference" facial expression and the head that really should be sunken down another inch into the collar really do hurt it. The translucent ears are nice.

Back