Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Yeah, this version of Obi is my preferred Clone Wars look for him. If I remember correctly, he only looked like this in the first season of the original animated series (referred to as micro series because the episodes were super short). It looks like they got his hair wrong on the figure, but eh not a big deal for me.

He looked much different (and not as cool imo) in the long running computer generated animation series.

e63dc8d9f3072f4a602e150301d1c550.jpg

Yeah Im not really sold on Grievous yet either. Will wait for more pics before I decide on him. Bandai kit is still king despite the lame cape lol.

I built the GG model and it looks great. I reviewed it a while back on my site. The thing that might push me to pick up this new BS GG is I won’t be afraid to touch it. With the model, if you’ve not handled it in a while you forget how delicate it is and you start knocking things off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Reefer that Obi-Wan from the original cartoon series is his superior armored look.

I’m just waiting on the vintage rereleases to go up for PO (Fett, Luke, Bossk etc).

Hurry up Hasbro I ain’t got all day lol

Last edited:

I built the GG model and it looks great. I reviewed it a while back on my site. The thing that might push me to pick up this new BS GG is I won’t be afraid to touch it. With the model, if you’ve not handled it in a while you forget how delicate it is and you start knocking things off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw some official promos shots of Grievous and I do feel better about him now! Who am I kidding, when I see him on the shelf for $20, there's no way I'm going to resist lol

Might still get the Bandai Kit just because those are just so awesome. I can see your point on him being super fragile though with those tiny styrene limbs. But fragile figures don't typically bother me too much.

I agree with Reefer that Obi-Wan from the original cartoon series is his superior armored look.

I’m just waiting on the vintage rereleases to go up for PO (Fett, Luke, Bossk etc).

Hurry up Hasbro I ain’t got all day lol

I'm in for those re-releases if the paint is noticeably better! (which Im sure it will be)

Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

I just saw some official promos shots of Grievous and I do feel better about him now! Who am I kidding, when I see him on the shelf for $20, there's no way I'm going to resist lol

Might still get the Bandai Kit just because those are just so awesome. I can see your point on him being super fragile though with those tiny styrene limbs. But fragile figures don't typically bother me too much.

He doesn't bother me on the shelf, at all. It's like I mentioned in my review, I think. When you spend a lot of time with him, you learn how far you can push him. When you pick him up for the first time for a dynamic photo shoot and start posing him around, after forgetting everything, you start knocking stuff off. And cursing. Then drinking. Then being tackled by your significant other as you head downstairs with a torch and a can of gasoline.

He doesn't bother me on the shelf, at all. It's like I mentioned in my review, I think. When you spend a lot of time with him, you learn how far you can push him. When you pick him up for the first time for a dynamic photo shoot and start posing him around, after forgetting everything, you start knocking stuff off. And cursing. Then drinking. Then being tackles by your significant other as you head downstairs wit ha torch and a can of gasoline.

lmao, the mental visual on that is pretty hilarious. Unfortunately my other would help me light the torch instead of stopping me, as she actually often says "you should just burn all that garbage plastic" :rotfl

Grevious will fall into the larger scale BS figure line and retail for $29.99.

Grevious will fall into the larger scale BS figure line and retail for $29.99.

Nice! If that means he's scaled correctly, that's just another tip in the scale for me to want him.

Hope they use this opportunity with Obi Wan to fix the shoulders on the clone bodies. Figures look really good.

Was hoping they made ig88 a bit larger. At least hope he doesn't have the rubber legs I hear people complain about

Back