Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe from the reviews that they took off the Bicep swivel and double jointed elbows from FO troopers

WTF HASBLO! :gah:

$20 for garbage

Figuarts it is then :lecture

You have to remember these are Hasrbo... $20 figures......

You can have four Stormtroopers to one Figurats one.

I prefer the three to the one. Two 6" figures for one Hot Toys is not a good deal to me...

True but $20 is still too high for what you get. Really should be $10

Figuarts are expensive but they clearly pay attention to details and especially articulation

If anyone can get me that K-Mart Kylo, I have a prototype Fett with your name on it.

Last edited:
Earlier this week, I checked out one of the new Star Wars Black 6" series figures, and figured I'd follow it up with another of the wave 2 releases - Constable Zuvio! Who? That's right, we have no idea...but maybe, just maybe, he'll be one of the characters we end up loving. Either way, the figure is pretty sweet - you can find the review here:

Review and photos of Star Wars Black Series Constable Zuvio action figure by Hasbro

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

Captain Toy, Michael Crawford's Action Figure and Toy Reviews

Thanks for reading!

Michael

Wasn't sure where else to post this, so I apologize if I put this in the wrong thread.

I just read that the Black Series 3.75" figures are Wal-Mart exclusives. Has anyone started seeing the new waves at their Wal-Marts? And do the figures offered in the line look any different from the ones offered in the main Star Wars line?

This is an incorrect way to compare value between the two lines. Don't forget that Figuarts are meant for the Japanese market and if you look at average Japanese buying power then ¥4000-¥5000 is a bit more than an American paying $20 for a Hasblow BS figure. We (in NA) pay more because we are importing them, but to a normal Japanese consumer, they are basically paying the same amount of money from what they earn for a figuarts as we would pay for a Black Series. So guyver1 is right, Black Series quality is not worth $20 a figure. If Bandai can offer so much better for a tiny bit more money, then Hasbro has no excuse to put out crap other than greed and gouging their customers (cheaper manufacturing costs = more profit!).

When I saw the new TFA figures at Wal-Mart, I did notice the reduced articulation. Sad, but the truth is that Hasbro is just a crappy toy company that only has customers because they have a SW monopoly. Black Series started out with so much potential too. I bought the first two waves, but when that awful Vader came out I was done.

You have to remember these are Hasrbo... $20 figures......

You can have four Stormtroopers to one Figurats one.

I prefer the three to the one. Two 6" figures for one Hot Toys is not a good deal to me...

Wasn't sure where else to post this, so I apologize if I put this in the wrong thread.

I just read that the Black Series 3.75" figures are Wal-Mart exclusives. Has anyone started seeing the new waves at their Wal-Marts? And do the figures offered in the line look any different from the ones offered in the main Star Wars line?

I don't know for sure, but you may have been reading about the Chewie, Jedi Luke and Vader 4" figures that are Walmart exclusive. They come boxed like the 6" figures. I haven't seen anything about the regular line being WM exclusive.

This is an incorrect way to compare value between the two lines. Don't forget that Figuarts are meant for the Japanese market and if you look at average Japanese buying power then ¥4000-¥5000 is a bit more than an American paying $20 for a Hasblow BS figure. We (in NA) pay more because we are importing them, but to a normal Japanese consumer, they are basically paying the same amount of money from what they earn for a figuarts as we would pay for a Black Series. So guyver1 is right, Black Series quality is not worth $20 a figure. If Bandai can offer so much better for a tiny bit more money, then Hasbro has no excuse to put out crap other than greed and gouging their customers (cheaper manufacturing costs = more profit!).

When I saw the new TFA figures at Wal-Mart, I did notice the reduced articulation. Sad, but the truth is that Hasbro is just a crappy toy company that only has customers because they have a SW monopoly. Black Series started out with so much potential too. I bought the first two waves, but when that awful Vader came out I was done.

I like how you start out with vague statistics to try to make everything equal before devolving into "Hasblo" and "crap" and the old stand-by "_________ has no excuse." Good internetting!

Got the disney elite Kylo Ren today. Went for a pair of stormtroopers but they are the rarest to get. Plenty of Flame troopers, Kylos, Phasma and Finn. Im only going for the villains as the designs are better. Here he is. More poseable than I thought;

11923284_10155976207045403_4405372831587220670_o.jpg

11958037_10155976207205403_4525216857530386094_o.jpg

11953302_10155976207120403_8636036963474506414_o.jpg

More articulate than Phasma. Torso rotates but also the legs move out the sides as oppose to forward and back. Looking forward to snapping the rest up. I hope they do a 2nd wave.

Dang! That giant battle cat looks good. Missed that in the trailers. Ren vs Giant Cat should be a great fight.

Wow. This is all wrong.

Those are $85 on BBTS, Black Series are $20.

"Bandai can offer so much more for a tiny but more money"

It is not tiny, it is a $65 difference, of course those are going to be better.

Would be nice for you to use some reasoning here.

I can't wait to get my Disney Elite figures in-hand. They should be arriving tomorrow. I bought the Flametrooper, Kylo Ren, and Captain Phasma. For the Black Series I have Kylo Ren, Stormtrooper, and Rey. I really only bought Rey to get BB-8, but the Rey figure looked better in person than in the pictures I saw. So I'm please about that for sure. I kind of want to get a Finn figure, but at the same time I don't think I want to start collecting the normal looking human characters at this time due to not wanting to spending the money on people I know nothing about yet. It is true I don't know much about the characters I bought already, but they at least look really cool (except for Rey who just looks like a normal person to me).

I want to compare the Elite and Black Series Kylo Ren figures in person to see which I like more. I really like that the Black Series figure is really poseable. He is up there with my favorite figures from the Black Series. I doubt I'll buy both Black Series and Elite figures for all of my favorites. I may end up getting a Black Series Captain Phasma, but the Elite version looks pretty good. I just wish the Black Series and Elite figures were in-scale with each other so I didn't feel like I need one of each for my favorites.

My thing about Finn..

is that he's too...plain.

I think his look in EP8 will be much cooler since he will be more...established.

Come to think of it, I think everyone will look much cooler in EP8.

I hate being spoiled, I have Kylo Ren and Stormtroopers, but I really want a Captain Phasma the most and it's the one I can't have/find :gah:

Back