Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. This is all wrong.

Those are $85 on BBTS, Black Series are $20.

"Bandai can offer so much more for a tiny but more money"

It is not tiny, it is a $65 difference, of course those are going to be better.

Would be nice for you to use some reasoning here.

It is only a $65 difference if you buy from BBTS. Buying from vendors that ship directly from Japan is a lot cheaper. For instance, the Figuarts Kylo Ren was $40 before it sold out at amiami. For a figure that small, the fastest shipping option is about $12-15. That is 2-3 times the price of a Black Series figure. Considering the poor quality of recent black series figures, that seems reasonable.

It is only a $65 difference if you buy from BBTS. Buying from vendors that ship directly from Japan is a lot cheaper. For instance, the Figuarts Kylo Ren was $40 before it sold out at amiami. For a figure that small, the fastest shipping option is about $12-15. That is 2-3 times the price of a Black Series figure. Considering the poor quality of recent black series figures, that seems reasonable.

The difference is even less here in the UK. $36 shipped for Black Series (distribution to TRU is awful, so I have to use online sellers), and $50 shipped for Figuarts. No brainier.

The difference is even less here in the UK. $36 shipped for Black Series (distribution to TRU is awful, so I have to use online sellers), and $50 shipped for Figuarts. No brainier.

That makes sense to do for those overseas, but for me, I get these for $20..... even less with the $25 off Target coupon. Worked out to be $15 each.

It would still be a $45 difference for me, not worth 1 great 6" stormtrooper for four good troopers.

That makes sense to do for those overseas, but for me, I get these for $20..... even less with the $25 off Target coupon. Worked out to be $15 each.

It would still be a $45 difference for me, not worth 1 great 6" stormtrooper for four good troopers.

For troops and aliens I would agree. However, Figuarts Luke is spectacular and well worth the extra.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Which? some pic? :)

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

I have both the SH figuarts Luke and the Black Series Luke, And I may be in the minority here, but I think I like the Black Series Luke's actual head sculpt a bit better. The paint apps (or lack thereof) are crap, but the actual head sculpt looks more like Hamill to me than the SH one.

Figuart Luke?:dunno

Yup, that is the one.

I have both the SH figuarts Luke and the Black Series Luke, And I may be in the minority here, but I think I like the Black Series Luke's actual head sculpt a bit better. The paint apps (or lack thereof) are crap, but the actual head sculpt looks more like Hamill to me than the SH one.

Interesting. Never heard that opinion before. I can see Luke in it, but as you said, terrible paint apps.

Neither sculpt is perfect... at 6" it won't be, but I wonder if anyone repainted the Black Series Luke sculpt before? Would be a nice comparison of that to the figuarts one.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Which? some pic? :)

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

11821331_1637450429864543_1085976266_n.jpg

Black Series Luke is an underrated figure.

Yup, that is the one.

Interesting. Never heard that opinion before. I can see Luke in it, but as you said, terrible paint apps.

Neither sculpt is perfect... at 6" it won't be, but I wonder if anyone repainted the Black Series Luke sculpt before? Would be a nice comparison of that to the figuarts one.

Here's a repaint that I found, looks pretty good to me...

Black Series Luke is an underrated figure.

I agree, I really like the figure, and the way they integrated the interchangeable chest flaps works really well.

Do you guys think that the TFA Chewie figure will be relatively easy to find at retail once the figures start shipping out in greater quantity? I want a second one to open, but all of the places by me are sold out of the black series right now. I'm just worried, because I know that he will not be repacked in the future waves, and with wave 2 due out any day now (followed by all of the other waves) I don't want to miss out. I hope he'll be a pegwarmer like some people think...

Do you guys think that the TFA Chewie figure will be relatively easy to find at retail once the figures start shipping out in greater quantity? I want a second one to open, but all of the places by me are sold out of the black series right now. I'm just worried, because I know that he will not be repacked in the future waves, and with wave 2 due out any day now (followed by all of the other waves) I don't want to miss out. I hope he'll be a pegwarmer like some people think...

He was the biggest warmer in the first day for the black series. Was always the last one to be grabbed. I think you will find him very easily IF retailers actually get another case in.

Amazon has him for $20 though. Hasbrotoyshop might have him as well. Plus if you are opening it, no need to worry about damaged packaging either.

My local King Soopers has a Chewie thats just been siting there since FF. Saw it again today.

Back