Has anyone ever tried to raise a Detolf?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently purchased and have been restoring a 1920's house. The original wood floors are a thing of beauty but not kind when it comes to leveling things. My detolfs were as crooked as Austin Powers teeth. So I custom built a shelf using 2000lb per pair L brackets. Coincidentally perfect height to fit the shippers underneath...
e4ec814353fec5f9363b9cc0bf01892a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been thinking of raising my detolfs for longest time, and finally got it done, thanks to this thread.

Raising them makes huge difference on your display.

They are on Besta TV bench.
d26d3f824817180b2fc8e6ed4c65ade8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

That looks great.

How sturdy does it feel?

Also, can anyone tell me the exact width of two detolfs put side to side, and the depth x width x height of the actual shelf space (on the inside)?

Considering grabbing some of these.

Thanks!

That looks great.

How sturdy does it feel?

Also, can anyone tell me the exact width of two detolfs put side to side, and the depth x width x height of the actual shelf space (on the inside)?

Considering grabbing some of these.

Thanks!

I have the same setup and it’s very sturdy. Have had no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's very sturdy, and all the dimensions are listed on Ikea website, so you ca pre-plan which ones to go for.

Anyone have any suggestions on how you can reinforce a besta tv unit? I'm worried about the weight of multiple detolf untis on top. I was thinking if I could add two more partitions/shelves for a total of three, that would provide some extra support. But they don't sell shelves that would fit vertically, only horizontally. Or does anyone have any links to good tutorials about building your own riser out of solid wood? Looking to invest in a new display solution but don't want to drop all the $$ and still worry about the unit collapsing. Was looking at the besta/four detolfs combination. But that's 320lbs on a 110lbs recommended maximum without any figures in the cases.

Anyone have any suggestions on how you can reinforce a besta tv unit? I'm worried about the weight of multiple detolf untis on top. I was thinking if I could add two more partitions/shelves for a total of three, that would provide some extra support. But they don't sell shelves that would fit vertically, only horizontally. Or does anyone have any links to good tutorials about building your own riser out of solid wood? Looking to invest in a new display solution but don't want to drop all the $$ and still worry about the unit collapsing. Was looking at the besta/four detolfs combination. But that's 320lbs on a 110lbs recommended maximum without any figures in the cases.

I have this exact set up and it has been solid for 2+ years. I did ensure that 2 of the detolfs were as centered as possible directly on the vertical supports.

I've got three detolfs on a Kallax from ikea. I was just wondering if there was something more sturdy that I can use instead? I saw a lot of people use ikea TV stands.

those with experience can you tell me wht the perfect height to raise a detolf is? like that sweet spot where bottom shelf is up enough to appreciate and top isnt too high?

Back