Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came! Thanks jimjimmyjones85!!!

One comment... the black are so deep I can barely see any detail in Vader's mask. Anyone else watch it yet?

Mine came! Thanks jimjimmyjones85!!!

One comment... the black are so deep I can barely see any detail in Vader's mask. Anyone else watch it yet?

Yea, I noticed that as well on ANH. I actually have 2.5 downloaded and did a screen comparison while watching the burned bluray just to make sure it wasn't that my tv was incorrectly calibrated.

I think it's just the way the file was encoded. Maybe Harmy has a different calibration on his own monitor, or tv, OR maybe this is the way it was filmed originally. Who knows at this point? But here are some screen grabs I took from the mkv file for you to compare with your bluray

Untitled-1_2.jpg

Untitled-2_1.jpg

Untitled-3_1.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but I've always thought those scenes were dark.
On a different movie, I received recently the ROTJ 2.0, & I think the Rancor scene is very dark. But other than that, I'm very pleased with the whole set.

Well dang it now i have to see for myself if it looks bad or not.

I've got the ANH 2.5, ESB 2.0, & ROTJ 2.0 work print. & really my only (very small) issue, is the dark Rancor scene. It's not that it looks bad. In fact, as a whole, I'm very happy with how they all look. & truthfully, just seeing that that evil song & dance routine Lucas put into the ruined edition was gone, forgave everything else that coulda been wrong with the disk.

Everyone's display, calibration and overall experience will be different.

Sourced from the best available source, I do know this version will include more scenes coming directly from the 35mm scan of the film that previous versions.
That allowed Harmy to do less digital "descpecializing"

For those on the fence about getting these, I just recently got a complete set of all 3 (plus the Team Neg of ANH, which I thoroughly enjoyed), & they all look spectacular. My Jedi is 2.0, & I think it's quality is great. So if jimjimmyjones is sending out 2.5 of Jedi, it'll be that much more even. Which is crazy, cause the 2.0 that I have is amazing.

Back