Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, seriously? There's a new version of Harmy's SW?

Yes, this is what's new

Note from Towne32: Version 2.6 featured a shot-by-shot color adjustment that I performed on Harmy's 2.5 MKV source.
Harmy was informed after the release of 2.5 that the Technicolor reference scans that he based his color grading on were
raw scans and not corrected to the way the print actually looks projected. Furthermore, Star Wars was the final major
Technicolor film produced in the West, and the quality control in the UK lab during those final days was poor, resulting
in less than ideal color including the prominent green tones that Harmy then incorporated into Despecialized Remastered.
The color of 2.6+ is still vibrant, but some of the strong overtones and inconsistencies of 2.5, based on those raw scans,
have been reduced or removed. Additionally, several shots that were based on the low resolution 2006 GOUT DVD in 2.5 have
been upgraded using Team Negative 1's 35mm "Silver Screen Edition" after I manually cleaned, stabilized, degrained, and color
corrected the shots.

Version 2.7 is of higher quality, thanks to Harmy. He sent me the lossless encode of his previous release, allowing me
to encode 2.7 without any generational encoding losses. Additionally, I corrected an error where several Mos Eisley shots
were actually using GOUT-based footage in 2.6, rather than the 35mm sources of Harmy's 2.5. Many additional color changes
were made to correct minor inconsistencies and to remove green tones from some desert scenes, as well as the Death Star
interior walls in some cases. The "A Long Time Ago" card is now from a cleaned up version of the 35mm scan. And the Greedo
subtitles have been replaced with an impressive rendering of the 35mm text made by CatBus. Additionally, Darth Lucas
rotoscoped the lightsaber blade in Ben's hut from the 35mm print. The version 2.7 MKV includes several subtitle and
audio dub languages not available previously, also thanks to CatBus, including a fixed Castilian track.

All caught up ! And ready to help anyone out there needing these still.
Have:

SW 2.7
ESB 2.0
ROTJ 2.5
Team Neg Silver Screen

:wave

Are there any other 1080p versions of any ANH restoration apart from the Silver Screen version?

It just kills me that the highest resolution version is one that was intentionally made to look crappy. :p

Are there any other 1080p versions of any ANH restoration apart from the Silver Screen version?

It just kills me that the highest resolution version is one that was intentionally made to look crappy. :p

Due to the various sources used, it was felt that 720p was the best resolution for these resorations. Anything higher would have actually been deterimental to the image.

That's Blasphemy right there!!!! :rotfl It's meant to look just like it did as film being projected on a giant screen... Nostalgic for those who saw it released on the big screen in 1977, like me and it's perfect!! You must be a young en to prefer a scrubbed digital image over seeing beautiful film grain... :wink1: ... :banana

Back