Happy 30th Anniversary to TESB!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to put my Han figure in a glass of water and put him in the freezer overnight and let him slowly unthaw the next day. I did it so many times that my figure shrank a few centimeters!

Oh the memories! Mine was a plastic travel soap box half so Han could poke out of the "carbonite". I don't think mine shrank, though.

Awesome poster! You know seeing the Millenium Falcon in that shot reminds me that the Falcon was actually such an integral part of the OT. It was almost as if it was a another character.

This was a big element missing from the PT. How could they not realize this was part of the Star Wars formula?

I used to put my Han figure in a glass of water and put him in the freezer overnight and let him slowly unthaw the next day. I did it so many times that my figure shrank a few centimeters!

Sorry to hear about your shrinkage. :monkey4

I remember before ESB came out on VHS and people couldn't just immediately watch the movie kids at school would argue the stupidest things. There were indeed those who swore that they remember a snowspeeder crashing into an AT-AT head and one kid even tried to convince us that those two quick shots of a scout walker were actually of an AT-AT that had its hindquarters destroyed! :lol :duh

This was a big element missing from the PT. How could they not realize this was part of the Star Wars formula?
:monkey4

Seriously, so many great moments happened on that ship. Yet no ship was really that memorable in the whole PT, IMHO. YET! in the Clone Wars they are following that formula with Anakin's Twilight.

I remember before ESB came out on VHS and people couldn't just immediately watch the movie kids at school would argue the stupidest things. There were indeed those who swore that they remember a snowspeeder crashing into an AT-AT head and one kid even tried to convince us that those two quick shots of a scout walker were actually of an AT-AT that had its hindquarters destroyed! :lol :duh

My favorite, was this kid that swore that Luke chopped off Vaders Head, Vader then just put it on on kept on fighting.:slap

Seriously, so many great moments happened on that ship. Yet no ship was really that memorable in the whole PT, IMHO. YET! in the Clone Wars they are following that formula with Anakin's Twilight.

How much have they shown that ship recently? I haven't been following religiously, but I haven't seen it in a while.

Awesome poster! You know seeing the Millenium Falcon in that shot reminds me that the Falcon was actually such an integral part of the OT. It was almost as if it was a another character.

It was as much a main character to me as Chewie or the droids.

The asteroid field scene needs some props too. Think how amazing that sequence is in terms of realistic believability. Hell, it still compares favorably to modern movie space scenes and even more so when you consider the technology at hand during that time.

I remember thinking that Vader showed up on Dagobah and Luke decapitated him, end of saga! :rotfl :yess: I didn't even recognize the visage in the exploded mask, I just thought that was Vader's dead face. :duh

Best part is passing on the saga to my kids and my sons were both freaked by the vision sequence and Han being frozen in the Carbonite; they called him the "man in the box," for the longest time - they were only about 3 when they saw it the first time. :yess:

:clap :goodpost: :hi5: :duff

My 7 year old likes Clone Wars, but he actually refers to the OT as "the real STAR WARS". And he came up with that all on his own! :yess: :lecture

That brings back a ____ load of great memories.... I used to do that all the time.... Sometimes I'd freeze Han with his arms or head sticking out.

I remember keeping the little plastic trays the figures came in and freezing 1/2 figures out of those :lol Ah the fun you could have with the various states of water :lol

Irish, your son is a GENIUS! and he knows his Star Wars! :clap

Haha. Thanks! :duff

Like I said, he's into Clone Wars (he loves the clones... of which Rex is his fave) but he really does like the OT, and asks to watch those much more than the PT. I'm taking him to Celebration V for the day on that Saturday and he's psyched. :rock

I remember when the toys first came out I was really disappointed because I had been heavily into Micronauts that had awesome articulation and the SW figures were so limited. Nice to see the new 3 3/4 figures finally caught up.

I remember keeping the little plastic trays the figures came in and freezing 1/2 figures out of those :lol Ah the fun you could have with the various states of water :lol

:lol :lol I always liked it when the top layer was solid, you could pull the figure out of the cup while the legs were still posable.... I'd get so impatinet waiting for the water to freeze that I'd end up getting yelled at. "Stop opening the freezer, Richie or I'll make you take your toys out of there!"

Back