Happy 30th Anniversary to TESB!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
empirestrikesback004-250-69102.jpg

Even with the unfinished lightsaber effects 1979's TESB teaser is still one the best trailers of all time!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/mSH3n_up6LE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/mSH3n_up6LE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Long live 1980's The Empire Strikes Back!

I was just under 13 when it came out and I remember the buzz being that Vader HAD to be lying to Luke.

Even as a kid I remember getting goosebumps when the music cued as Luke reached for his lightsaber in the wampa cave. In ANH we knew that the Force was good for giving the power of suggestion and a heightened state of awareness, allowing expert precision when deflecting seeker ball shots or aiming at Death Star exhaust ports. But that moment in the cave showed that it was something truly magical that could actually manipulate other things.

My earliest memory of ESB was being freaked the hell out when Vader's helm "explodes" during Luke's vision; I was only about 4 when I saw it and it really scared me. :panic: :rotfl

It's a travesty that there is not a new poster commissioned for Empire's 30th anniversary. :monkey2

Even with the unfinished lightsaber effects 1979's TESB teaser is still one the best trailers of all time!

Long live 1980's The Empire Strikes Back!

I love the deleted scenes....Vader blocking Han's shots with BOTH hands,
Threepio removing the Wampa warning sticker....longer scene of Lando looking for Luke from the falcon's airlock.

My earliest memory of ESB was being freaked the hell out when Vader's helm "explodes" during Luke's vision; I was only about 4 when I saw it and it really scared me. :panic: :rotfl

I remember thinking that Vader showed up on Dagobah and Luke decapitated him, end of saga! :rotfl :yess: I didn't even recognize the visage in the exploded mask, I just thought that was Vader's dead face. :duh

I remember thinking that Vader showed up on Dagobah and Luke decapitated him, end of saga! :rotfl :yess: I didn't even recognize the visage in the exploded mask, I just thought that was Vader's dead face. :duh

Best part is passing on the saga to my kids and my sons were both freaked by the vision sequence and Han being frozen in the Carbonite; they called him the "man in the box," for the longest time - they were only about 3 when they saw it the first time. :yess:

I love the deleted scenes....Vader blocking Han's shots with BOTH hands,

Actually Vader uses both hands in the actual movie, he raises the second one real quick right before snatching Han's gun. Years ago my friends would look at that scene as just one of many that really show Han to be just the coolest guy ever.

Vader's all, "Yeah that's right, shoot your gun, I'll raise my one hand and--oh ____ that one's going to hit!" *raises second hand* :yess: :rock

I was just under 13 when it came out and I remember the buzz being that Vader HAD to be lying to Luke.

:lol I thought the same thing! For 3 years I believed Vader was lying to Luke to trick him. I also thought Luke was a little too quick to believe Vader, as he's lying in the Falcon and says "Father?" when Vader calls out to him. I was thinking, "Luke! Don't you know he's lying to you?!? :slap"

Best part is passing on the saga to my kids and my sons were both freaked by the vision sequence and Han being frozen in the Carbonite; they called him the "man in the box," for the longest time - they were only about 3 when they saw it the first time. :yess:

:lecture:lecture:lecture

My son and I have a great time watching the movies, the clone wars series and playing video games together.

When I was a kid I took a stack of Baseball cards, wrapped them in masking tape, then took my 3 3/4" Bespin Han, placed him on top amd wrapped him in Aliminum foil. I made my own Han in Carbonite.......YEARS later I found the baseball card block and right there , the top most card was....RICKEY HENDERSON's Rookie card! Ruined! By yellowing masking tape!:rotfl:rotfl

When I was a kid I took a stack of Baseball cards, wrapped them in masking tape, then took my 3 3/4" Bespin Han, placed him on top amd wrapped him in Aliminum foil. I made my own Han in Carbonite.......YEARS later I found the baseball card block and right there , the top most card was....RICKEY HENDERSON's Rookie card! Ruined! By yellowing masking tape!:rotfl:rotfl

Always use Legos.

I used to put my Han figure in a glass of water and put him in the freezer overnight and let him slowly unthaw the next day. I did it so many times that my figure shrank a few centimeters!

Happy Birthday to the best movie ever made, it was my 2nd favorite as a kid but when I grew a brain I came around. You're always there for me and always will be. Also didn't Empire come out on May 21st? Either way I love it. :duff And wtf is a prole?

I used to put my Han figure in a glass of water and put him in the freezer overnight and let him slowly unthaw the next day. I did it so many times that my figure shrank a few centimeters!

I did that as well until I cracked a glass. My mom was not too pleased!

Back