Happy 30th Anniversary to TESB!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
May you continue to "bore" the proles with your character-driven pacing, emotional resonance, and grit for another 30+ years.

And thank you for being the best SW film that will ever be. :clap

star-wars-luke-and-han-on-taun-taun-500x375.jpg

luke-yoda.jpg

empirevaderbeckonslpq5.jpg

Re: It's May 19, so Happy 30th to TESB!

TESB was one of my least faves as a kid, but now quite possibly my favorite of the saga! :rock

I was 8 when EMPIRE came out. It blew me away. I loved it instantly and it's been my favorite SW film ever since.

ANH still has the pure nostalgia on its side, but it was outdone in pretty much every way by EMPIRE.

(Also, thank you TESB for delivering us the true Yoda, not the CGI whirling dervish imposter of the prequels)

And yet after all these years it's still underrated, with a huge fumble by the license holders to properly celebrate its 30th. :(

...shame on you guys. :nono

My parents took me when I was five years old and that day the line "I am your father" totally changed my life... well, the life of a child that is.... I still get goose bumps today when watching that scene and to this day when asked my favorite film I can always say Empire Strikes Back and not think twice about it. The film will always hold a special place in my heart and I can't wait to watch it with my son once he's old enough.

Empire added so much to the Star Wars pantheon. AT-AT Walkers:

Episode_5_AT-AT_Walker.jpg

Bounty Hunters:
BountyHunters.jpg

Little green Jedi masters:

yoda.jpg

Proof that black men existed in the Star Wars Universe and ran some pretty cool mining colonies:

lando2.jpg

The biggest plot twist my little brain couple possibly imagine and what is by far my favorite duel in the SW movies:

Empire_Strikes_back-thumb-550x351-37313.jpg

My parents took me when I was five years old. I will never forget the line "I am your father".... I still get goose bumps to this day when watching that scene and to this day when asked my favorite film I can always say Empire Strikes Back and not think twice about it. The film will always hold a special place in my heart and I can't wait to watch it with my son once he's old enough.

Empire added so much to the Star Wars pantheon. AT-AT Walkers:

Episode_5_AT-AT_Walker.jpg

Bounty Hunters:
BountyHunters.jpg

Little green Jedi masters:

yoda.jpg

Proof that black men existed in the Star Wars Universe and ran some pretty cool mining colonies:

lando2.jpg

The biggest plot twist my little brain couple possibly imagine and what is by far my favorite duel in the SW movies:

Empire_Strikes_back-thumb-550x351-37313.jpg

Just think, none of that was done with CGI ! The special effects still look great to this day and when I saw it as a 8 year old as well, it was truly MAGIC!

Further proof that ESB was the best:

They barely messed it up with the Special Edition. :hi5:

That's true, that was the one that had the least amount done to it correct?

Yep. But Lucas still managed to remove tension from the Wampa cave sequence by adding new (unnecessary) footage of the creature... eating. :cuckoo:

I actually dig a lot of the tweaks to Cloud City, but by far one of the worst changes was the removal of Vader's "Bring my shuttle!" line replaced by the silly "Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival", with unnecessary footage of him arriving (which was obviously archived from ROTJ's Death Star II arrival scene). :slap

Yep. But Lucas still managed to remove tension from the Wampa cave sequence by adding new (unnecessary) footage of the creature... eating. :cuckoo:

I actually dig a lot of the tweaks to Cloud City, but by far one of the worst changes was the removal of Vader's "Bring my shuttle!" line replaced by the silly "Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival", with unnecessary footage of him arriving (which was obviously archived from ROTJ's Death Star II arrival scene). :slap

If you look closely as Vader steps off the shuttle, the officer is speaking to him, but there's no dialogue.

I agree with you on the "Bring my shuttle" change along with the shuttle landing, but I felt the scene of the shuttle approaching the Executor made it flow better.

:exactly: :slap :slap :mad:

Back