Happy 30th Anniversary to TESB!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Willrow-hood.jpg

Empire is my first whole memory I have. I was 4 when it came out and my first movie in a theater apparently. So my first memories are of Yoda, Vader and the Wampa!

Empire has always been my favorite SW movie and quite honestly, my favorite film PERIOD of all time. Pure perfection in every way and will never be topped!

The original Wampa scene was great. It had that Less is More thing going for it. You never really the Wampa too well and that made it scarier.

I agree the original had the "creepy" element to the scene. Plus, the Wampas reaction to his arm getting cut off in the SE looks ridiculous.

Yeah, the hunkered-down eating Wampa is unnecessary, then add him flailing around with the missing arm pushes it even further into the absurd.

George, why you gotta f' with perfection?

Yeah, the hunkered-down eating Wampa is unnecessary, then add him flailing around with the missing arm pushes it even further into the absurd.

I think Lucas is jealous of ESB, he didn't direct it and it was the best of all.

Also, every time he adds this unnecessary and superfluous, stupid stuff... he also ends up ____ing with John Williams' score, because the cues need to be edited and/or dragged on. The Wampa scene is a good example of this. So is the Vader shuttle crap added to the Cloud City escape sequence. And it's sacrilege, because Williams' score for TESB was a masterpiece.

:lol :lol Well it didn't take long for this thread to turn into a WTF happened with the SEs :lol

But, I totally agree with all the points. Adding these scenes is usually at best unecessary and at worst screws up the movie. The worst to me is still the musical number in Jabba's palace. The entire begining of with Jabba is easily one of the best parts of ROTJ, but that new musical number just sits like a big stinking pile in the middle of it.

I am dismayed by the lack of merchandise to celebrate the greatest Star Wars movie ever and not just from Sideshow. I would happily open up my wallet for all things related to Empire.

I was 8 when EMPIRE came out.

Huh....I wasn't even born with Empire came out....:lol

And yet after all these years it's still underrated, with a huge fumble by the license holders to properly celebrate its 30th. :( ...shame on you guys. :nono

Seriously. This year should have been Snowtroopers, Hoth soldiers, Yoda, Bounty Hunters...it could have been grand.

Well, there's Bespin Han and Bespin Luke and Lando and ....:impatient:

Bespin Han with the chubbiest face of all the figures Jabba included. Luke who in retrospect leaves me really wanting. At least Lando was well done.

and he is not done yet.....we all know it.

I am dismayed by the lack of merchandise to celebrate the greatest Star Wars movie ever and not just from Sideshow. I would happily open up my wallet for all things related to Empire.

Agreed. At least Star Wars Weekends and Celebration V has the good sense to use Empire in their merchandising.

Agreed. At least Star Wars Weekends and Celebration V has the good sense to use Empire in their merchandising.

You mean Star Celebration V... the huge SW convention that only happens once every 3 years that will be focused on EMPIRE this year and that Sideshow is not even attending? That one?

:monkey1

:lecture :lecture Unfortunately most of the licensees share blame here. Not just Sideshow, though their negligence is magnified by the fact that they obviously get off on the vastly inferior ROTJ.

I though there was a lot of improvement with the SEs. And I am hoping to see more with the bluray release.

The Empire Strikes Back is one of the few perfect movies, IMO. A true masterpiece. I turned 6 in 1980 but was 5 when it came out. I remember being somewhat disturbed that the rebels lost every battle and was absolutely shocked by Vader's revelation. Watching ESB in the theater is one of the great memories of my life.

I realize there are some STAR WARS fans who truly believe that the Special Editions are better (even EMPIRE). And while they are entitled to these opinions, I have just 2 words for them: Stockholm Syndrome.

I love ESB. Kinda funny that I saw those movies out of order. I wasn't exposed to Star Wars in the movie theater because I was too young so I grew up with them on VHS. The library only had Star Wars and Return of the Jedi... never Empire.

But I was too young to understand roman numerals anyway.

I finally saw ESB YEARS later.

Anywho... I so hate that they got rid of "Bring My Shuttle." That delivery was so good. And I actually don't like the new Emperor additions. It's almost too much. Too much "bringing things full circle" in the most obvious ways.

The Empire Strikes Back is one of the few perfect movies, IMO. A true masterpiece. I turned 6 in 1980 but was 5 when it came out. I remember being somewhat disturbed that the rebels lost every battle and was absolutely shocked by Vader's revelation. Watching ESB in the theater is one of the great memories of my life.
:lecture

That's pretty much the same in my case...
ESB literally changed my life as a kid!!!
My favorite Star Wars movie!
I absolutely love the old posters...

empire-strikes-back.jpg

Movie-Poster-Star-Wars-5-The-Empire-Strikes-Back.jpg

Back