Han Solo's Hoth jacket: Blue or Brown?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Han Solo's Hoth jacket: Blue or Brown

• Total voters
THere is a LOT of weird 80's era artwork that showcases a great deal of things that was never used in the films. REGARDLESS, those slides WERE MADE BY LUCASFILM and given to the toy company. COnsidering they are drawings and not photogrpahs, I'd say they're more likely from the 80's as well.

You still cannot prove that it was used for the 1980 Kenner Hoth Han figure and the evidence all points to it being used on the 1996 POTF Han Hoth figure so your argument is invalid. :lecture

Once more about the sheets, this scan has the Liscense and copyrite info at the bottom, of lucasfilm, 1982.

1205wicket.jpg

this has 1980
1205atat.jpg

this has 1983
1205paploospeeder.jpg

1982 again..
1205landoskiff.jpg

You still cannot prove that it was used for the 1980 Kenner Hoth Han figure and the evidence all points to it being used on the 1996 POTF Han Hoth figure so your argument is invalid. :lecture

See above post. These sheets are all from the same set. YES, you can't see the date on han's, the scan is skewed. But considering EVERY OTHER ONE is from 1980-1983, I'd say that's pretty conclusive. Not PERFECTLY conclusive, but I'd say that your bolded comment is kinda shot with some holes there.

However, I have shot the owner of the slicks a request to find out what date is printed at the bottom of that particular one, if it will make you happy.

Last edited:
No need. My Pantone chart from the 90's says Warm Gray. :lol

:exactly:

That we can agree on.

What is says is not as important as what it is. Colors often have WEIRD names.

Burnt Sienna
Caput Mortuum
Sweet Caroline
Martian Skies

Come to mind. And generaly, any color containing the word "Warm" has shades of orange, brown, red or other "earthy" tones. But considering you went to some sort of art school ( I'm asuming, based on your owning a poster of this) you already know this. ;)

What is says is not as important as what it is. Colors often have WEIRD names.

Burnt Sienna
Caput Mortuum
Sweet Caroline
Martian Skies

Come to mind. And generaly, any color containing the word "Warm" has shades of orange, brown, red or other "earthy" tones. But considering you went to some sort of art school ( I'm asuming, based on your owning a poster of this) you already know this. ;)

Well, like I said, on my calibrated screen it's gray, just like the poster says.

Yep, same on mine (calibrated DELL). But lerath's posted some pretty exhaustive information on this. Good enough for me, anyway. I'll still be displaying Han with the blue jacket, regardless. Han just suits blue and no amount of reality can convince me otherwise!

Are we? or are you commenting on my preference of not having a preference?

Facts are facts, the coat's brown.
:lol ...

What are you reading there that I didn't write??? :slap :lol

I'm just saying.. enjoy the FACT :)lol).. that you'll get both coloured coats for the SSC figure.

I'm not arguing with you about what the ****ing real colour was. :lol

:rotfl
What are you reading there that I didn't write??? :slap :lol

I'm just saying.. enjoy the FACT :)lol).. that you'll get both coloured coats for the SSC figure. I'm not arguing with you about what the ****ing real colour was. :lol

As you said, who cares? You are getting two coats!

Last edited:
Sent an E-mail to the guy who posted teh article, said he sold those lucasfilm slicks to the owner of 12back.com https://www.12back.com/

Looking more and more like that's the kenner slick, not the hasbro one.

Emailed the owner of 12back.com, he said he would tyry to dig it out this weekend and send me a better image of the slick.

Back